What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw "Flightplan" last night. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Great premise that I thought they could have done more with but Jodie Foster did quite a good job with it. Couldn't believe how old she and Greta Scaachi looked.

carcharias

Immortal
I saw Kicking and screaming last night.

no brainer ...but pretty funny in spots.
The little chinese kid was funny.

I heard bad reports so I was expecting it to be crap but I did enjoy it.

carcharias

Immortal
2 True Blues said:
Just saw the movie CRASH on DVD. Thought it was good how all the characters lives tied in at the end........

I saw it as well....a great movie I thought.

I also saw the constant gardener....long but not too bad.

Samwise

Bench
Yeah I saw the constant gardener as well. Really well made, I loved it.

I still can't believe how many people actually liked Crash.

shadow grinder

First Grade
j_tig said:
saw hostel, not as good as i thought it would be. goriest movie ever? yea right! actually laughed a few times during the movie, and i wasnt the only one. loved the first hour or so but

what you laughed through all the tits and drugs parts?

j_tig

Juniors
shadow grinder said:
what you laughed through all the tits and drugs parts?
at times i did - mainly at oli! laughed more later in the movie at some of the more 'gory' parts - ie the train bit was over the top, i mean a fountain of blood? the car chase when the second car came through and took out the last girl.

Samwise said:
I still can't believe how many people actually liked Crash.

There's been plenty of films I haven't liked but can see why others would. I thought Crash was awesome, and although I respect that you obviously dont rate it, I can't understand you wouldn't see how we do.

Samwise

Bench
Bring back John Fifita said:
There's been plenty of films I haven't liked but can see why others would. I thought Crash was awesome, and although I respect that you obviously dont rate it, I can't understand you wouldn't see how we do.

Of course everyone has different tastes, and I agree there are heaps of movies I don't like, but can see how others would. Crash isn't one of them.

Every single character is an over simplified stereotype, the script was full of exposition and cheesy dialogue, most of the actors did a poor job, the direction was lazy, and it uses confronting scenarios (unbelievable as they are) to purposely manipulate the viewer into a mindset where they feel better about themselves purely because they aren't as racist as these characters. Its just a crap movie.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Watched "Inside Man" last night.

It was really good, if a tad silly at times.

A top cast (Clive Owen, Denzel Washington and Jodie Foster), a great setting and fresh directing.

4/5 for me. I recommend it - it was fresh and interesting.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ice Age 2.

Its cool, although everytime i hear Dennis Learys voice, I end up waiting for him to just explode and start swearing about stuff.

didn't happen again :(

madunit said:
Ice Age 2.

Its cool, although everytime i hear Dennis Learys voice, I end up waiting for him to just explode and start swearing about stuff.

didn't happen again :(

Ha, same as me. Was minding my 7 year-old niece last week and we went and saw Ice Age 2. It was ok, although I got more of a kick out of seeing her absolutely cacking herself.

balmainbenny

Juniors
I saw "Basic Instinct 2" the other day. I thought it was going to be a f**kfest, but was wrong. I never expected it to be oscar material, but the movie turned out better than I thought it would be.

I liked it better than the original, except for the sex scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.