What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I also watched a little Aussie movie on dvd last week called Australian Rules.

It was brilliant. Go and get it, you'll like it.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I really want to see Walk The Line it looks soooo good.

I also saw a couple of weeks ago The Producers, I thought it was great, I want to see it again. I would love to have seen them do it on broadway though.
Uma Thurman was very good too, so was Will Ferral... he was very funny. The whole movie was very well done, I laughed the whole way through it.

madison

Juniors
parra_panther said:
Just Friends.

Meh - your standard romantic comedy fare.

I saw that too! I thought it was funny..."And I swear, by the moon and the stars in the sky, I'll be there...."

"Layer Cake". Reasonable. My concentration skills were the worst in recent memory and I kept getting lost. Where Lock Stock & Snatch were 10/10, this ones about a 5-6.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I saw Elizabethtown last night. I though it was a nice movie, I enjoyed it. I also saw In Her Shoes.... I thought that was a pretty good movie as well.

Electric_Eels

Juniors
watched Jarhead the other day, i enjoyed the movie and the cinematograpyhy was also quite good. i read on wikipedia that the 'F' word is said 278 times throughout the movie. thats a fair effort.

carcharias

Immortal
Bring back John Fifita said:
Watched Hotel Rwanda on DVD last night. Phhwoooorrr, a helluva film. Don Cheadle has come a long way since Boogie Nights - an awesome actor.

Disturbing, but brilliant viewing.

I must agree...and admit I shed a tear on more than one occasion.

Epic film.

Booyah

Bench
Jarhead last week.

I thought it was pretty good actually. Gyllenhaal does well and Jamie Foxx is great as the Sniper Sergeant.

Worth seeing if you enjoyed Buffalo Soldiers but I wouldn't bother if you wanted to go watch lots of shooting and killing.

carcharias

Immortal
I saw "Closer" on fox last night.

Not bad at all IMO.

However , I didn't think Julia Roberts suited her part all that well.
In saying that though...
Clive Owen was farging outstanding!
and Natalie Portman is a little angel....Jude Law was Jude Law.

Great dialogue right throughout the movie...on account of it previously being a stage play I'm guessing.

HevyDevy

Coach
I love Natalie Portman. mmmmmmmmmmmm

Good movie.

I saw a movie called Wicker Park yesterday with Josh Hartnett and Rose Byrne. Better than I expected. Quite a good concept with a good little twist about 2/3 of the way through.

HevyDevy

Coach
Parki said:
saw walk the line last night.... it was good, though i couldnt really get into the whole johnny cash story.... i didnt know whether it was trying to make me feel sorry for him or what, and TBH i got bored with it

that being said reese witherspoon and joaquin phoenix give great performances, 7/10

Have you seen the film clip to Johnny Cash's last single? Can't remember what it's called - they play it on MusicMax a bit. f**k it's emotional. Really well made.

KF

Juniors
HevyDevy said:
I love Natalie Portman. mmmmmmmmmmmm

Good movie.

I saw a movie called Wicker Park yesterday with Josh Hartnett and Rose Byrne. Better than I expected. Quite a good concept with a good little twist about 2/3 of the way through.

I think Wicker Park's pretty good..Rose Byrne acted really well in it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Watched "Syriana" the other day...

I'm not into politics at all, so I was lost...It's heavy on the jargon of politics and hard to follow if you don't concentrate for the whole film...

But it wasn't half bad...

Parki

Bench
hated closer

possibly one of the worst movies of all time

by the end of it i just wanted to punch all the characters

jesus christ, there are enough self centered people in this world, without a whole film promoting it

0/10

NC

Juniors
I watched GOAL! on the weekend. Probably 5/10... it was good and it was bad, kinda hard to get into the movie completely. David Beckham makes an appearance unfortanately.

Status
Not open for further replies.