What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysteryGirl

First Grade
Why was White Oleander odd? I dunno - just was more like watching a TV show than a movie I guess. It just didn't "grab" me.

I will have to see Ray now after reading everyone's comments. I wanted to see it but was never quite in the mood.

I watched dodgeball the other night. I liked it! I like stupid humor though so I was pretty easily amused.

Last night I watched Secret Window. I liked that movie. I was waiting for something super scary to happen though but it never did. The music/camera shots/etc had me waiting for the other shoe to drop at any moment.

Kakihara

Juniors
SpaceMonkey said:
Great martial arts action too.

If you wanna see awesome fight scenes check out a movie called Ong Bak.

The movie has the best fight scenes i've seen since i saw Fist of Legend many years ago.

The movie took a couple of years to make cause all the actors kept getting injured and unlike hero doesnt use any wires or special effects.

~bedsy~

First Grade
MysteryGirl said:
Last night I watched Secret Window. I liked that movie. I was waiting for something super scary to happen though but it never did. The music/camera shots/etc had me waiting for the other shoe to drop at any moment.

I liked it too, but not many people I know did.
I knew nothing super scary would happen.

Samwise

Bench
Last movie I went to the cinema to see was Sideways. Bit long for what it was but i still quite liked it. Very subtle and quirky film with top performances. Paul Giamatti was hilarious.

Which inspired me to rent out american splendour. Another ace movie

Darth Bobo

shai hulud said:
SpaceMonkey said:
Great martial arts action too.

If you wanna see awesome fight scenes check out a movie called Ong Bak.

The movie has the best fight scenes i've seen since i saw Fist of Legend many years ago.

The movie took a couple of years to make cause all the actors kept getting injured and unlike hero doesnt use any wires or special effects.

Ong Bak, tell me more. What language is it in? When did it come out? How popular and easy to find is it?

Basically, anything other than how good it is would be a help.

Cheers, in advance.

Kakihara

Juniors
Darth Bobo said:
Ong Bak, tell me more. What language is it in? When did it come out? How popular and easy to find is it?

Basically, anything other than how good it is would be a help.

Cheers, in advance.

I saw the movie over a year ago while overseas.

Its a Thai movie so unless you understand Thai your gonna be reading the subtitles.

Heaps of people who watch martial arts movies would of at least heard of it but its pretty much a unknown movie to the general western public mainly because its only just being released in the west (march 10 in aus) so if you wanna get the movie on dvd your gonna have to import it straight from asia or through ebay.

Heres a trailer for the movie:
http://www.madman.com.au/trailers/windowsmedia/ong_bak_high.wmv

~bedsy~

First Grade
I saw The Avitor last night.... It was good, but abit long, plus it didn't help that we had uncomfortable seats.
I can see now how DiCaprio won the Golden Globe for it.
Cate Blancet was amazing as Kathrine Hepburn, her voice and movement was so good.

Alex28

Coach
The first 20 minutes of Eternal Sunshine... sets the whole movie up! It moves at such an awesome pace - brilliant movie...the detail is amazing, Kate Winslet deserves an Oscar for her performance - i thought Jim Carrey at least deserved a nomination.

I love Adam Sandler fans who bag Punch-Drunk Love because "it wasn't funny"...cracks me up. He does the odd serious role - if you don't like that, you can rely on Will Ferrell for your dumb movie quota...

Last cinema movies I've seen were The Incredibles (OK...not brilliant), Donnie Darko - Directors Cut (I can't believe I hadn't seen the movie sooner - great film), and Somersault (ordinary film).

Last DVD I've seen was Metallica - Some Kind of Monster (awesomely honest doco - well made).

Booyah

Bench
I saw Million Dollar Baby on the weekend. Awesome movie, very well done by Eastwood.

He should think about changing his characters though. He always seems to play the old man with the gruff exterior and the heart of gold.

He should get an Oscar for that.

Swank was excellent as Maggie too. And is it just me, or just she look a lot like Matt Damon with a wig on.

Razor

Coach
Saw Hide & Seek on Saturday night. Great movie, but shame about all the teenage girls talking with each other and yelling stuff out during the movie.

Won't spoil any of the film, but it's a must see. Apparently there are 2 different endings. Australia is the only country where they are doing this, but right at the end different cinemas in Australia are getting different endings.

Another good part of the night was some girl flashing her breasts. She was in the front section, right at the back on the sides, so a lot of people wouldn't have seen her. But she stood up, turned around and lifted her shirt for all the people in the back section looking in that direction at the time. Thankfully I was.

bulldog

Bench
Cellular was a pretty very average movie overall, didn't make me dry heave or anything, and I'm sure there are plenty worse out at the moment, but only go see it if you're desperate.

Bad Santa - I saw this one a long time ago, but it is my fav. Christmas movie ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts