What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 True Blues

Coach
Saw Steven SPEILBERGS latest movie called MUNICH yesterday on DVD. Thought it was pretty well done. Aus actors Eric BANNER and RUSH were pretty good in it.

Also recently saw the movie GOAL. It's like the Rocky of soccer movies, or the Cinderella man story with a soccer ball. Pretty good movie. Had Comedy, Action, Suspense and was Sad all in the one movie, with a good GO THE UNDERDOG story line. Would highly recommend it to anyone who likes to see the underdog get up over the odds.

2 True Blues

Coach
Gonna go and see Superman tomorrow at the movies before the kids go back to school in Canberra. Has anyone seen it, Is it any good ???

2 True Blues

Coach
Yeah. They are still on down here in Canberra till tomorrow.

Gonna take the girlfriend and her kids to see it today mate. Have 12 of those Coke bottle labels. LOL.....You need to collect three to get in to see it for 5 bucks, so will only cost me 20 bucks for the 4 of us, and about 30 bucks for popcorn.

Who says drinking all that bourbon with the coke doesnt pay off. ( Hiccup ).......

2 True Blues

Coach
Well I saw Superman returns today. Thought it was OK. Give it a 6.5 out of ten though. Had some great moments evened out with some pretty slow ones. The Airplane/shuttle scene was pretty awesome.....

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
no.2_lukeburt said:
Saw Superman and POTC:DMC in the holz...

Superman: **1/2
POTC: DMC: ****
Please decode for us older folks Lukey....:crazy:

BTW - Somethings Gotta Give - Jack Nicholson....top movie ;-)

2 True Blues

Coach
Saw " Once Upon A Time In America " on dvd. Had never seen it before thought it was very good. It went for 3 hr and 40 minutes but was a work of Art. Written and produced by Sergio LEONE after an 11 year abscence from movie making. the guy was a legend FILM maker.

Stars James WOOD, Robert De NIRO, to name a few. A corker of a Gangster movie I thought. 9 out of 10.................

Cupid Stunt

Had the worst flu I've had in 10 years so I've watched bucket loads of movies the last 2 weeks.

Clerks 2: If you dont like Smith movies dodge it. If you do, watch it over & over again. I thought this would just be a cash cow but it's actually a great movie even without Clerks to back it up. Some of the best 1 liners of all Smiths creations. Also the Lord Of The Rings/Star Wars skit as well as the Jackson 5/Blues Brothers rip off bit had me pizzing myself. 9/10

My Super Ex-Girlfriend: I laughed at bits but it wasnt for me. plenty will like it though. 6/10

The Devil Wears Prada: My better half wanted to see this & I actually stayed awake through the whole thing. Again, not for me but was ok. 6/10

Hoodwinked: We've had this for a few months now & my young fella loves it. He watches it as much as Cars, & thats way to much. If you have kids they'll love this but it is a little dark. Plenty of adult gags as well. 8/10 (As far as kids movies go)

Candy: I loved this movie. Quasi Trainspotting kind of deal but I just enjoyed it from start to finish. 8/10

Hard Candy: Another movie I liked. Not quite the ending you expect but a quality low budget film. 8.5/10

The Lake House: Another chick flick that I was glad to be in bed watching. Only saw the first 40 or 50 minutes & the last 20, but I doubt I missed much. 5/10.

Click 7/10, Da Vinci 7/10, You Me & Dupree 7/10, Tokyo Drift 4/10, The Break Up 6/10, Nacho Libre 4/10

Added to the crap, watching all Larry Clarks back catalogue, including Wassup Rockers for the first time, makes being sick kinda worthwhile... :lol:

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
roboshark said:
saw 16 blocks last night

not a bad movie at all

Hey I thought 16 blocks rocked. Story wise it was pretty cliched but the perormances and the way it played out really made it seem a top draw cop movie. BTW David Morse is one of the most underrated actors of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.