What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you recently seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roboshark

Coach
I get to the movies on average once a fortnight- some seen lately

superman- crap
over the hedge- pretty damn good for a kids movie
a history of violence- bloody great
x men 3- not as bad as reviews given
da vinc code- enjoyed it
domino- keira knightley is different in this one!

dvds watched lately

planes, trains, and automobiles- one of my all time favourites
assault on precinct 13- excellent
wolf creek- boring
copland- better the 2nd time

legend

Coach
I saw Superman Returns and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was filmed on Sydney and the out of control Mustang was roaring through Martin Place.

Also, was that Sir Richard Branson as one of the space shuttle pilots? I'm sure it was.

roboshark

Coach
legend said:
I saw Superman Returns and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was filmed on Sydney and the out of control Mustang was roaring through Martin Place.

Also, was that Sir Richard Branson as one of the space shuttle pilots? I'm sure it was.

good pickup legend- it certainly was branson as one of the pilots

another great movie i saw again today- the shawshenk redemption

McLovin

Staff member
Shawshank is one of the best movies i've seen...

Went to borrow a few dvds the other day at blockbuster and picked up Hostel, Munich, Ong Bak, and The Entity (86' version).

I saw Hostel in the Cinema and though it was pretty average but still decided to pick it up. See it once and throw it away, not the type of movie you can see multiple times.

Ong Bak is your typical "hero" story. The bloke who plays the lead character is just a freak, i don't think it's humanly possible to get any more athletic than him. Some of the stunts and moves he did where awesome and i felt like i had to replay some scenes. Definately a must see.

The Entity was a pretty decent 80s horror flick. It's supposedly a true story about a woman who is repeatedly attacked by poltergeists. The last few scenes where a bit weird but overall a good popcorn movie.

Munich was a bit slow at times but a great movie none the less. Though a bit confusing at times, i recommend this one.

Generalzod

Immortal
Superman Returns a truly fantastic film....especially the beginning were Krypton blows up...what an intro..

"They're can be a great people, they wish to be, they only lack "THE LIGHT" to show the way, for this reason above all, their capacity for good, I've sent them you, MY ONLY SON."

LESStar58

Referee
Just got back from Superman Returns...

Personally, I just REALLY enjoyed seein' Singer and his writers debunking Kevin Smith's theory about Superman and Lois having a kid!

Mallrats said:
TS:... but their engaged!

Brody: It doesn't matter. It can't happen!

TS: Why not? It's bound to come up.

Brody: It's impossible. Lois could never have Superman's baby. Do you think her fallopian tbes could handle his sperm? I guarantee you he blows a load like a shot gun right though her back! What about her womb? Do you think it's strong enough to carry his kid?

TS: Sure. Why not?

Brody: He's an alien for Christ's sake. His Kryptonian biological make-up is enhanced by Earth's yellow sun. If Lois gets a tan the kid could kick a hole right through her stomach. Only someone like Wonder Woman has a strong enogh uterus to carry his kid. The only way he could bang regualr chicks is with a Kryptonite condom...that would kill him

:lol:

Got a couple of Johnny Depp films out last night; 'Ed Wood', pretty good, standard Burton/Depp kinda film, and 'Dead Man' - one of the best films ive ever seen!

2 True Blues

Coach
newtownbluebags said:
Windtalkers - :thumn

Thought the first three quarters of Windtalkers was good NBB. It was like they ran short of budget money towards the end though. Was the stuff of John WAYNE towards the end in that last battle scene. Thousands of bullets flying around and no one getting hit on the side of the good guys. A little unrealistic towards the end, however the opening battle scenes ( Especially the landing of the US troops on the island of Saipan ) was pretty good.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
2 True Blues said:
Thought the first three quarters of Windtalkers was good NBB. It was like they ran short of budget money towards the end though. Was the stuff of John WAYNE towards the end in that last battle scene. Thousands of bullets flying around and no one getting hit on the side of the good guys. A little unrealistic towards the end, however the opening battle scenes ( Especially the landing of the US troops on the island of Saipan ) was pretty good.
2TB :D ....ever wondered why there are so few movies made about the War in the Pacific??? interesting :-k

Thin Red Line is ok in parts ;-)

2 True Blues

Coach
They could make some brilliant movies about the Aussies at Gona, Buna, Milne Bay, Tarakan etc. Think its the money problems though.

Yanks have the money but it's all about the European theatre for them cause there involvement in most of the Pacific campaign was a farse in truth, and mostly media hipe and bullsh*t by McARTHUR etc.

Saw the movie KOKODA several weeks ago. Have read most books on the subject and it's a very knowledgeable area for me. Thought the movie was good in parts, and had actually taken CERTAIN REAL life incidents and incorporated them into the movie. ( Like the wounded heading back up to the line when they should have gone to the rear to help their mates for eg ) That actually happened and the it was blokes that were shot in the head, limbs hanging off etc, that actually went back to the line, The stuff of courage and mateship unsurpassed mate. ). However it failed in other areas in painting a fuller historical picture of the battle taking place.

Apparently they are making several other Kokoda movies right now. Hope Arnold POTTs the warrior of kokoda and HONNER ETC get a mention this time around. And McARTHUR and BLAMEY are made out to be the total f**kups that they truly were.

2 True Blues

Coach
Thin Red Line was OK, and quite honest. The bloke who made it was the same bloke that did From Here To Eternity if I recall correctly. He was a reclouse. Had great success with the first movie ( Academys etc ) then went out of the limelight for decades. returning for the Thin Red Line. very poetic and realistic I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts