What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono078

Referee
So everyone has said that the Human Centipede is f**ked up, is it worth watching though? :lol:

About to watch Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Movie that were good:
-Immortals(if you're into 300 Sparta movies)
-Warrior(if you're into Fighting movies)
-Money Ball(good movie all round)
-30 minutes or less(pretty funny)
-Margin Call (if you're into wall street movies)

Movies that were terrible:
-Twilight the new one(terrible movie, and I recommend you do not even waste your time)

Yeah, just some movies Ive watched over a spread.

So everyone has said that the Human Centipede is f**ked up, is it worth watching though? :lol:

About to watch Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Not really worth the hype but It isn't all that bad. It should have been the most f**ked up movie ever made but then again I watch Takashi Miike films so nothing really surprises me anymore.

If it's f**ked up stuff you're after then try and hunt down Guinea Pig 1 and 2. I found that through a documentary about disturbing films and it's beyond disturbing and the director had to prove to authorities that nobody was actually murdered.

I've never seen it myself and can't even remember the name but my mate is always going on about some Italian film where the director was arrested because people were supposedly killed and eaten during the filming.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Movie that were good:
-Immortals(if you're into 300 Sparta movies)
-Warrior(if you're into Fighting movies)
-Money Ball(good movie all round)
-30 minutes or less(pretty funny)
-Margin Call (if you're into wall street movies)

Movies that were terrible:
-Twilight the new one(terrible movie, and I recommend you do not even waste your time)

Yeah, just some movies Ive watched over a spread.

why did you bother knowing the whole series is crap :lol:

zombie jesus

Staff member
I Love You Phillip Morris - Good movie, holds your attention, pretty funny. Jim Carrey does a really good job.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
As much as a I was disturbed by the first one, I think I have to watch the sequel.

If you were disturbed by the first you'll be mortified by the second. Believe it or not there were criticisms of the first one with people saying it wasn't disturbing enough. Hence, we have this movie with only one focus and little other redeeming qualities.

For those who want a hint of what you may be in for before deciding....

sand paper assisted masturbatin, explosive excretion, laxatives, urination, ligament-cutting, graphic tooth-pulling, vomiting, anus-slicing, allusions to every bodily fluid you can imagine, baby birthing and then subsequent squashing/killing, and a barbed wire assisted rape scene of the centipede

snoozer

Bench
If you were disturbed by the first you'll be mortified by the second. Believe it or not there were criticisms of the first one with people saying it wasn't disturbing enough. Hence, we have this movie with only one focus and little other redeeming qualities.

sand paper assisted masturbatin, explosive excretion, laxatives, urination, ligament-cutting, graphic tooth-pulling, vomiting, anus-slicing, allusions to every bodily fluid you can imagine, baby birthing and then subsequent squashing/killing, and a barbed wire assisted rape scene of the centipede
FFS!!!

not going anywhere near that!!!

Cliffhanger

Coach

So disgusting, I probably won't ecover from watching that for years, but I'll still have to watch it.

Springs

First Grade
I am still f**ked up from watching that movie. Most disturbing film I have ever seen.

I already knew the plot of the film and once I watched it I didn't find it that disturbing, more just terrible and boring. I found Requiem for a Dream to be more disturbing to be honest.

Films like A Serbian Film sound more disturbing. And scenes like the little girl in the red dress in Schindler's List are quite disturbing for me, probably because they are in a well made film about true events.

Red Bear

Referee
Was going to say, the Wikipedia description of A Serbian Film is the most f**ked up thing i've ever seen. Mate made me read it to the end.

Watched the Inbetweeners Movie tonight, pretty much what I expected but pretty funny.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Just promise me you won't go see it chook ! FOR THE LOVE OF f**k ! JUST PROMISE ! :crazy:

I'm pretty sure, Chook, being a level headed person who is over the age of 12 would not even consider watching such a film.

FFS the books the movie is based on were written by a devout moron, why would any normal person consider watching it?

Big Pete

Referee
Moneyball - First good film of the year. Not Oscar status like some are saying but an enjoyable underdog story tied together nicely by Sorkin's style of writing.

50/50 - A decent enough story but terribly predictable and nothing about it really stands out. The only aspect of it I liked was the casting. Normally I can't stand Rogen, but as a side character he works well. I've been a fan of JGL since (500) Days of Summer and he puts together a tidy performance here.

Watching through The Beaver at the moment, will be my 3rd attempt but I don't think I can take the concept seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.