What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
A perfect day on netflix

You wouldn't think a movie about finding a piece of rope would be that interesting but this was pretty good

Zoidberg

First Grade
John Wick 2. Took quite a while to watch this and the first one, probably 2 years after each was released, good fun action with a simple story. Can’t wait for the next chapter (which I’ll probably end up seeing 2 years after it’s released). 7.5/10

shiznit

Coach
Into the Spider Verse: f**king crazy shitballs of a movie!

But the best Spider-Man movie I’ve ever seen.

Maybe the best animated film I’ve seen for some time... f**king amazing film.

Unbelievably beautifully animated... batshit original story(I wasn’t familiar with the comic story). such a blast of a movie.

My only regret is I didn’t take the time to watch it at the cinemas.

9/10 IMO....

Creed 2: Decent film. Not as good as the first Creed. But still better than the one when he fights Antonio Tarver and the one that ends in a street fight.

I know the title of the movie answers my question... but i don’t get why they didn’t delve more into Drago’s story.

I’d love to see the next film being ‘Drago’... outline Viktors fight back to the top to fight Creed again... :joy::joy:

But Creed 2 was pretty good... Tessa Thompson is once again great... Sly kinda dialed it in I thought... I’d love to see them move this story on without him.

The big issue I had is the same issue I always have with these movies... you kinda know how it’s gonna all end up...

6/10

axl rose

Bench
John Wick 2. Took quite a while to watch this and the first one, probably 2 years after each was released, good fun action with a simple story. Can’t wait for the next chapter (which I’ll probably end up seeing 2 years after it’s released). 7.5/10

Katana weilding motorbike bandits, horses, attack dogs, John Wick killing someone with a book. Come on, gotta see that on release.

thorson1987

Coach
Creed 2: Decent film. Not as good as the first Creed. But still better than the one when he fights Antonio Tarver and the one that ends in a street fight.

I know the title of the movie answers my question... but i don’t get why they didn’t delve more into Drago’s story.

I’d love to see the next film being ‘Drago’... outline Viktors fight back to the top to fight Creed again... :joy::joy:

But Creed 2 was pretty good... Tessa Thompson is once again great... Sly kinda dialed it in I thought... I’d love to see them move this story on without him.

The big issue I had is the same issue I always have with these movies... you kinda know how it’s gonna all end up...

6/10

Watched it last night and enjoyed it and agree with all you say.

Only issue I had was the copy I got I forgot the subtitles, so had no idea wtf was being said between Ivan and Viktor.

Iafeta

Referee
A Star is Born.

Jesus, what a heartbreaker. Bradley Cooper continues to perform at a high level. Lady Gaga though surprised me. Have never been a fan of hers, more just not my type of music rather than being critical of her skills. But she absolutely owns that role. Her voice in Shallow is phenomenal. It’s an interesting movie, in that she never really learns everything he is going through. Really well done.

Man, her manager, what a douche sack. What a villain.

Wizardman

First Grade
A Star is Born.

Jesus, what a heartbreaker. Bradley Cooper continues to perform at a high level. Lady Gaga though surprised me. Have never been a fan of hers, more just not my type of music rather than being critical of her skills. But she absolutely owns that role. Her voice in Shallow is phenomenal. It’s an interesting movie, in that she never really learns everything he is going through. Really well done.

Man, her manager, what a douche sack. What a villain.
Perfect review.....in most other years, Brad Cooper would get the Oscar for his performance. Personally, I'd have given it to him but Rami Malek is the very hot favourite to take it out for his incredible performance as Freddie Mercury. Powerful movie, my favourite from 2018.

PJ

First Grade
The Favourite. Period piece that won't be everyone's cup of tea but I enjoyed it. Well acted but the ending was a little soft. 8/10

Game_Breaker

Coach
Alita: Battle Angle

I had no idea what to expect for this, I'm not familiar with the source material. But it was entertaining, edge of your seat action sequences, stunning visuals but it does have a weak story

W.

Brolin plays George W. Bush superbly. I didn’t think anyone could play him better than Will Ferrell but Brolin goes close.

Interesting enough. Just mind-boggling what governments get away with.

I’ve read a bit on the Bush family and their scum-baggery goes back quite a way. W.’s grandfather got into shit for profiteering during the war by continuing to sell and supply Germany after being explicitly told to stop.

To say there is blood on those three Bush blokes hands is putting it mildly.

Iafeta

Referee
W.

Brolin plays George W. Bush superbly. I didn’t think anyone could play him better than Will Ferrell but Brolin goes close.

Interesting enough. Just mind-boggling what governments get away with.

I’ve read a bit on the Bush family and their scum-baggery goes back quite a way. W.’s grandfather got into shit for profiteering during the war by continuing to sell and supply Germany after being explicitly told to stop.

To say there is blood on those three Bush blokes hands is putting it mildly.

Absolutely. Listen to the Dollop podcast after George H has passed. Mind boggling stuff.

Absolutely. Listen to the Dollop podcast after George H has passed. Mind boggling stuff.

Ho Ho! I just did a quick search and looks like I have a new podcast to dig into.

I’ll have a few hours of driving iver the next couple of weeks.

Bush will be first. What would you recommend after that one?

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

Errol Flynn. Balls deep crazy.

Enjoy!

Now you’re just playing around.

Oh Errol, I would give anything, just to be like him!

Or would I ... :thinking:

I suppose I’ll find out. I’m sure VD is high on the agenda. I’ve heard about the oranges filled with vodka on set.

This might bump the dirty arse Bush’s!

Errol Flynn. Balls deep crazy.

Enjoy!

Listened to the Bush one. Thought it was great. Funny, informative etc.

Flicked through to find the Errol Flynn one, and UGH, that comedy vacuum Will “cocknose” Anderson is on it.

That guy seriously sucks. I’m 10 mins in and deciding whether to sack it.

An example of this turds humour, They mention Flynn threw the family dog on the fire...

Anderson : “He thought it was bark”.

What a dildo that bloke is.

Last edited: