What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Dogs Of War

Coach
A perfect day on netflix

You wouldn't think a movie about finding a piece of rope would be that interesting but this was pretty good

I really enjoyed this.

Also watched Escape from new york. Aged badly. Not the great film I thought it was.

Parra

Referee
Star is Born.

Underwhelmed. Good but not as good as I had heard.

Saw it the first three times it was made. How does the fourth stack up? Interesting that ranks so highly given it is the fourth time around for this one.

axl rose

Bench
Alita: Battle Angel- no consistent plot at all while you get some twilight saga teen romance thrown in for the hell of it. No reason to care about any of the characters 4/10

PJ

First Grade
Creed 2. Absolutely predictable crap. So exactly what you expect. nothing in it that was a surprise. 4/10

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bohemian Rhapsody - I'm a huge Queen fan and I found this movie to be an overacted, cliche-filled snore.

Cold Pursuit - expected this to be the 37th rework of Taken, but it had a Hitchcock black comedy to it and a hint of Tarantino.

Still quite predictable, but not bad.

PJ

First Grade
A Simple Favour. Liked it, probably more than I should. Nice eye candy and quite a good story. 7.5/10.

Widows. Plodding. 6/10

The Favourite

I love a good period movie, but yeeesh, this was a slog.

I’ll preface it with I’m not a fan of Emma Stone or Rachel Weisz. I don’t dislike them, but I can’t think of anything I’ve seen them in that I thought they added to.

This movie really was quite boring. The dramatic scenes had these over-the-top grinding/screeching sounds that I presume were meant to build tension, but really only pointed out that nothing was going on apart from people walking with purpose down grand hallways.

Seems to be aimed at the Downton Abbey types with a historical girl-power slant.

In a nutshell, two motivated women compete by trying to out-growl each other on Queen Anne’s box to curry her favour.

That’s it.

I checked it on RT and it was 93%. Which surprised me. There was comments about how funny it was, which I definitely did not see. Unless 17th century C-Bombs crack you up.

Looks like they filmed in Kensington Palace which was pretty cool.

Would not recommend unless Downton Abbey gets your wig all powdery.

1.5 stars for the location.

Iafeta

Referee
Goodfellas. Good god. Joe Pesci is a psychotic animal. Ranks up there with the Godfather Part 2 for mob movies. Great soundtrack too.

Raiders of the Lost Ark. 30 odd years old and it does show itself to be a bit cliche and corny. But can still see why it continued on embellishing Harrison Fords reputation.

axl rose

Bench
The Favourite

I checked it on RT and it was 93%. Which surprised me. There was comments about how funny it was, which I definitely did not see. Unless 17th century C-Bombs crack you up.

The audience score of 65% is perhaps a better indication. Though I was suprised to find it anything above average.

mackdadday

Juniors
The Favourite

I love a good period movie, but yeeesh, this was a slog.

I’ll preface it with I’m not a fan of Emma Stone or Rachel Weisz. I don’t dislike them, but I can’t think of anything I’ve seen them in that I thought they added to.

This movie really was quite boring. The dramatic scenes had these over-the-top grinding/screeching sounds that I presume were meant to build tension, but really only pointed out that nothing was going on apart from people walking with purpose down grand hallways.

Seems to be aimed at the Downton Abbey types with a historical girl-power slant.

In a nutshell, two motivated women compete by trying to out-growl each other on Queen Anne’s box to curry her favour.

That’s it.

Looks like they filmed in Kensington Palace which was pretty cool.

Would not recommend unless Downton Abbey gets your wig all powdery.

I thought it was pretty good with an ending that gave everyone thier just desserts. My only disappointment is no view of Racheal Weiszs boobs which was basically my motivation to soldier on.

For me i am still trying to understand why Blank Panther was nominated for best film.

Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody were great. The Vice was decent but Black Panther was below average even for a comic book super hero film.

PJ

First Grade
Layer Cake. Been on my list for ages and for sone reason kept overlooking it.

Realky good caper movie with a great cast. 8.5/10

nöyd

Staff member
Introducing my daughter to some more Spielberg-type popcorn fluff - this time it's Twister, which she enjoyed.

For me all I could feel was that it's become a bittersweet film now that we've lost both Bill Paxton and Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Oh, and Helen Hunt was a real sort back then.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Introducing my daughter to some more Spielberg-type popcorn fluff - this time it's Twister, which she enjoyed.

For me all I could feel was that it's become a bittersweet film now that we've lost both Bill Paxton and Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Oh, and Helen Hunt was a real sort back then.

I'm up the coast at Grassy Head and tv wise where I'm staying is a black spot and have to rely on satellite to watch anything, Twister was on and thought I would watch it because I haven't seen it in a long while, started watching it and a huge electrical storm came through which disenabled the satellite signal so couldn't watch anything, it is back now but missed half the movie.

axl rose

Bench

Twister & Independence Day out in the same year. Spolit for choice back then :smile:

DisloyalMiniatureBrownbutterfly-size_restricted.gif