What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just came back from watching the latest Hunger Games. Kinda meh... doesn't really seem to go anywhere. Comparing it to the previous movies is kinda like comparing the Matrix sequels to the original Matrix, too much fall-to-your-knees dramaaaaaa and talking about freedom & underground rebellions and shit than the fun actiony stuff that made the previous movies kinda fun. Kinda. Not a massive fan of the series in general but not enough "Games" in this one for my personal entertainment.

To be honest, all 2-parters have this issue.

trying to milk a shitload of cash out of the last part of the story by splitting it in two.

The first part is always tedious and basically slow moving, the second part is the better half, but it is entirely conceivable that the two movies could be made into just one and still serve the story well.

Finally got around to seeing Rush, with Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl. Is a dramatisation of the F1 rivalry between James hunt and Nikki Lauda in the mid-1970s culminating in their fight for the 1976 F1 Driver's Championship. Was directed by Ron Howard.

I gave it an 8/10 as plenty goes on to keep you interested all the way through it. Whilst it was a dramatization, many of the events depicted in the movie actually happened. You get good racing scenes and strong performances from Hemsworth as James Hunt and Bruhl as Nikki Lauda. It is topped off by a great score by Hans Zimmer.

Well worth watching if you haven't seen it. Even Nikki Lauda himself was impressed by the movie as he said "When I saw it the first time I was impressed. There was no Hollywood changes or things changed a little bit Hollywood-like. It is very accurate. And this really surprised me very positively."

Game_Breaker

Coach
Interstellar - Great movie, really makes you think and further cements Nolan as the best director today IMO

I can understand why some people might not like it when some things got a little ridiculous (bookcase scene) but it is science fiction.
Hans Zimmer score worked perfectly, however in some instances it was so loud that I could barely hear the dialogue.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finally got around to seeing Rush, with Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl. Is a dramatisation of the F1 rivalry between James hunt and Nikki Lauda in the mid-1970s culminating in their fight for the 1976 F1 Driver's Championship. Was directed by Ron Howard.

I gave it an 8/10 as plenty goes on to keep you interested all the way through it. Whilst it was a dramatization, many of the events depicted in the movie actually happened. You get good racing scenes and strong performances from Hemsworth as James Hunt and Bruhl as Nikki Lauda. It is topped off by a great score by Hans Zimmer.

Well worth watching if you haven't seen it. Even Nikki Lauda himself was impressed by the movie as he said "When I saw it the first time I was impressed. There was no Hollywood changes or things changed a little bit Hollywood-like. It is very accurate. And this really surprised me very positively."

Rush is brilliant.

The only contentious part of the story (because Hunt never commented on it himself) was the scene when Hunt bashes the journo when Luada is in the press conference announcing his return to the F1 (it has never been confirmed or denied)

jargan83

Coach
Girlfriend took me to see Let's be Cops on Sunday.

Predictable movie with a couple of funny moments thrown in.

Wait until it's on DVD and even then think about it.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Fury. Man I love WWII movies. Really enjoyed this one. Lots of pretty harrowing sights throughout.
9/10.

Zoidberg

First Grade
It's got the grittiness and dirtiness of Ryan. It's pretty non-stop, always on the move with only one portion which settles the movie down before the ending. Tbh I think I enjoyed Ryan more on first viewing (maybe because I'd not seen anything like it before) but Fury definitely has the same "real" feel to it.

Latest posts