What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Bulldog Force

Referee
The Expendables 3. I wasn't too crash hot on all these kids joining the brigade, kind of defeats the purposely the whole movie. Also didn't like Mel Gibson playing an antagonist (just like JCVD in part 2). Gibson is most famous for Mad Max and Lethal Weapon series in which he play a protagonist. He should've been on Barneys team in this movie. A typical Expendables movie though apart from that.

7/10.

snoozer

Bench
Moon.

Smart sci-fi made on a small budget.
Sam Rockwell is pretty much the only person in it, and he is excellent.
Directed by Duncan Jones (David Bowie's son) who is now doing the Warcraft movie I just mentioned above.
one of the most underrated movies ever.

caught it by accident on foxtel a couple of years back and it was a mindblower. rockwell is great.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Predestination- A very interesting tale on time travel. 7/10

Maze Runner- WTF did I just watch??? 5/10

Just finished watching it. WOW!!!

Some may think the extended bar scene with flashbacks are too much but then the movie accelerated into a convoluted, thought provoking treatise in the paradoxes of time travel. Thoroughly enjoyed it but it needs attention otherwise you will lose the gist of the movie.

I give it 8.5/10.

T.S Quint

Coach
one of the most underrated movies ever.

caught it by accident on foxtel a couple of years back and it was a mindblower. rockwell is great.

Yep.
I heard for so long how good it was but just never got around to seeing it. I'm glad I finally did. Absolute quality.

T.S Quint

Coach
The Expendables 3. I wasn't too crash hot on all these kids joining the brigade, kind of defeats the purposely the whole movie. Also didn't like Mel Gibson playing an antagonist (just like JCVD in part 2). Gibson is most famous for Mad Max and Lethal Weapon series in which he play a protagonist. He should've been on Barneys team in this movie. A typical Expendables movie though apart from that.

7/10.

Mel Gibson is just about the best thing in that movie.

T.S Quint

Coach
I checked out The Inbetweeners 2.
I was a massive fan of the tv series, and I thought the first movie was pretty good. This one doesn't reach the heights of either unfortunately. There are enough funny moments for it to be worth watching, but it is a serious dip in quality.

soc123_au

Staff member
Fury. I thought it was a good movie, but didnt live up to the hype. I would still watch it again though.

Guardians of the Galaxy. I had been told it was a must watch. Nearly switched it off once I realised what type of movie it was (not into comic book type movies). I am glad I stuck with it, very enjoyable.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Watched The Drop the other night (with Tom Hardy & James Gandolfini in his final role).

Slow paced crime drama with some tense moments (and some funny) with a bit of escalation here and there to spice things up. My mate that I went with felt like it went nowhere, but I quite enjoyed it.

Also, as we were leaving they were projecting an extended Hobbit Preview (encompassing all the movies) on the facade of the cinema which was quite cool. It's the Roxy (closest cinema to Weta and Peter Jackson's Stone St Studios, which Peter Jackson helped fund the restoration of a few years back), so makes sense. I gotta get around to watching the second Hobbit movie though as I'd quite like to see the third in full 3D HFR blahblahblah at the cinema as missed the first two (and only watched the first one last year).

I checked out The Inbetweeners 2.
I was a massive fan of the tv series, and I thought the first movie was pretty good. This one doesn't reach the heights of either unfortunately. There are enough funny moments for it to be worth watching, but it is a serious dip in quality.

I'm a massive fan of the tv show and I hated the first movie but thought the second was pretty good.

Butto

Juniors
Also love Inbetweeners , but 1st movie was so much better than the 2nd. Still remember 1st time i watched this show. Wife was trying to tell me her mother ( retired librarian) was a big fan. Realised within about 1 minute she had the wrong show.

Eelementary

Post Whore

7/10.

What?

So by your logic, Arnold Schwarzenegger (arguably most famous for playing the T-1000 in Judgement Day) should only play baddies - and yet he was Conan the f**king Barbarian and the kindergarten f**king cop...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exodus

A part of me died tonight.

It was like sitting on a dunny for 2 & a half hours trying to do a shit & then doing a fart

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exodus

A part of me died tonight.

It was like sitting on a dunny for 2 & a half hours trying to do a shit & then doing a fart

Wizardman

First Grade
What?

So by your logic, Arnold Schwarzenegger (arguably most famous for playing the T-1000 in Judgement Day) should only play baddies - and yet he was Conan the f**king Barbarian and the kindergarten f**king cop...

Let Bulldog have his preference....He likes Mel as the goodie rather than the baddie.