What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What must Robbie Farah do..

Matrix

Juniors
Smiths a far better player than Farah.Farahs the biggest sook in the game and spends half of the game arguing with the refs.

Mader45

Juniors
I view the natural way they play the game as the difference.

You can see Farah is always eagerly looking, thinking, rallying, pushing, watching, assessing.

Smith could be asleep on the field and still know and execute the best play necessary for his team.

Hes like one of those assholes in high school that never studied but would kill every exam.

Radical Rat

Juniors
What a lot of people don't understand is that farah is in top form and smith is far from. Yea I can definatly accept farah has better stats this year but the deciding factor for me and it is a big factor I think is that smith has been at this level for 10 years! When farah keeps has stats this high till 2023. Then I can accept farah being better! Until then ....

2012 Brad Fittler medal
2010 Dally M Player of the Year runner-up
2010 Dally M Hooker of the Year
2007 Dally M Player of the Year runner-up
2007 Dally M Hooker of the Year
2005 Premiership winning hooker

Yeah you're so right, this is Farah's first good year.

juanfarkall

Coach
2012 Brad Fittler medal
2010 Dally M Player of the Year runner-up
2010 Dally M Hooker of the Year
2007 Dally M Player of the Year runner-up
2007 Dally M Hooker of the Year
2005 Premiership winning hooker

Yeah you're so right, this is Farah's first good year.

Was unaware that the Dally M awards meant anything to anyone outside of the 9/Media circle jerk

What is the Fittler medal for ?
goofy comments on TV or being found drunk in a shopping trolley ?

flamin

Juniors
Smith did do a fair bit of that work early on when Cronk was still learning his craft. Smith controls the game but Farah can't. That is the difference.Smith rarely makes crucial errors and I can't recall him missing any key tackles but I can remember plenty of times Farah has. Smith makes the average players he plays with look good, Farah doesn't do this so he is left to do it on his own.
Yes that's the difference. Players worthy of being Immortals make average players look good.

pirie

Juniors
What a lot of people don't understand is that farah is in top form and smith is far from. Yea I can definatly accept farah has better stats this year but the deciding factor for me and it is a big factor I think is that smith has been at this level for 10 years! When farah keeps has stats this high till 2023. Then I can accept farah being better! Until then ....

I guess you don't watch many Tiger games then. Because if you do you would see Farah has been doing this for years

Stormwarrior

Juniors
Lets be honest here farah not even close. 2nd best behind a future immortal isn't a bad effort.

Radical rat.... Really? Here's a little c smith history lesson for you in case reruns of the tiger 05 gf ever gets old!
NRL – Most points (192) scored ever by a hooker in a season (2007)
Wally Lewis Medal (2): 2007, 2011
Ron McAuliffe Medal (2): 2005, 2007
State of Origin Man of the Match (3): Game 2 2007, Game 1 2011, Game 3 2011
Rugby League World Golden Boot Award: 2007
RLIF Hooker of the Year (3): 2008, 2009, 2011
Dally M Player of the Year: 2006
Dally M Hooker of the Year (4): 2006, 2008, 2011, 2012
Dally M Representative Player of the Year (2): 2007, 2011
Dally M Captain of the Year: 2011
Grand Final Winners 2007*,2009*,2012
Melbourne Storm Player of the Year (5): 2005, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012

Stormwarrior

Juniors
Pirie... I've seen a few tigers games over the years. I wish I hadn't and I could get those hours back but that's not going to happen. Don't get me wrong farah is a good player but comparing him to smith after half a season of better stats is a joke. 12 games doesn't make an immortal! 300 of the does!!

Stormwarrior

Juniors
What do the asterisks mean? Have you been a sleep over the past 4 years? .... Or is that the only thing you can come up with for an argument against the overwhelming stats that prove farah is less of a player than smith? If your still not sure what those asteriks mean I suggest you read a few rugby league for dummies books before you comment any further!

Amadaca

Juniors
Lets be honest here farah not even close. 2nd best behind a future immortal isn't a bad effort.

Radical rat.... Really? Here's a little c smith history lesson for you in case reruns of the tiger 05 gf ever gets old!
NRL – Most points (192) scored ever by a hooker in a season (2007)
Wally Lewis Medal (2): 2007, 2011
Ron McAuliffe Medal (2): 2005, 2007
State of Origin Man of the Match (3): Game 2 2007, Game 1 2011, Game 3 2011
Rugby League World Golden Boot Award: 2007
RLIF Hooker of the Year (3): 2008, 2009, 2011
Dally M Player of the Year: 2006
Dally M Hooker of the Year (4): 2006, 2008, 2011, 2012
Dally M Representative Player of the Year (2): 2007, 2011
Dally M Captain of the Year: 2011
Grand Final Winners 2007*,2009*,2012
Melbourne Storm Player of the Year (5): 2005, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012

Id prefer it if you tried being competent instead.

Love to see how the world would look if Farah & Smith had been playing in each others club sides all these years. The gap between them is wildly exaggerated & most of it is dependent on Smith being in the better side consistently (at both club & state level) for virtually their entire careers, with the rest being attributable to Smith being genuinely better than Farah.

Both should be remembered as all-time greats when they retire, but only one, quite unjustly in my view, is assured of that so far. The gap between them isnt what people believe it to be.

Not at all.

juanfarkall

Coach
Allegedly one of the two owns a business which receives regular payments from his employer for team dinners.
These payments may or may not be included in the alleged salary cap.

Stormwarrior

Juniors
Id prefer it if you tried being competent instead.

Love to see how the world would look if Farah & Smith had been playing in each others club sides all these years. The gap between them is wildly exaggerated & most of it is dependent on Smith being in the better side consistently (at both club & state level) for virtually their entire careers, with the rest being attributable to Smith being genuinely better than Farah.

Both should be remembered as all-time greats when they retire, but only one, quite unjustly in my view, is assured of that so far. The gap between them isnt what people believe it to be.

Not at all.

Please show me where I'm being incompetent? I've continually used solid facts which is a little different to the what if here's and what if there's that are being thrown around! Would NSW still be 7 series down if smith had played for the blues? Would the tigers of win another gf if smith was playing..... I doesn't f#%king matter because it didn't happen so all we can go on is what is fact! ... And C Smith football history is heads and shoulders better. Lets also not forget it wasn't as though he single handily sent the tigers to the gf.... Apparently some little nobody called Benji Marshall is also in the side ( can accept that he is doing nothing atm)

Players like farah and gallen might have impressive stats but its more impressive to make all the players around you play better which johns, Lockyer and smith do!

And I think they will both be known as greats, one as best player to play for their club and one as a immortal!

Latest posts