What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What those advocating afl style expansion don't want u to know

Colk

First Grade

Fumble fans themselves are question their own expansion and yet there are people on here saying we should be like them

They overextended themselves with the Giants and Suns.

Wb1234

Referee
They overextended themselves with the Giants and Suns.
I’m reading their comments

having a major giggle at some of the stuff they are saying as suggestions

And yep those clubs are going to be a drain forever for the afl

imagine what they could’ve achieved if they actually set roi on their spending

Colk

First Grade
I’m reading their comments

having a major giggle at some of the stuff they are saying as suggestions

And yep those clubs are going to be a drain forever for the afl

imagine what they could’ve achieved if they actually set roi on their spending

I reckon the Suns were a stupid idea from their perspective. GC is not a big enough area to worry about and it is too transient a population.

A second Sydney side was audacious. The marketing was terrible though. Whoever decided to call them Greater Western Sydney had obviously never set foot in Western Sydney.

If you were them, they should have chosen one audacious option like a second Sydney side and then a safe option. To choose two big risk options was stupid.

siv

First Grade
As a casual AFL fan I have no interest in the Swans ir GWS or those Brisbane hybrids

I prefer to watch a long standing Melbourne traditional club

People dont just change because newspapers or people say you should

Sport is a 75" TV product now rather than something you could do on a sunny Sunday afternoon

Only way to watch footy on a Sunday is for your team to be in the bottom 4 these days

Perth Red

Post Whore

Fumble fans themselves are question their own expansion and yet there are people on here saying we should be like them
All that shows is there are some afl fans as myopic and short sighted as some nrl fans are lol

As a casual AFL fan I have no interest in the Swans ir GWS or those Brisbane hybrids

I prefer to watch a long standing Melbourne traditional club

People dont just change because newspapers or people say you should

Sport is a 75" TV product now rather than something you could do on a sunny Sunday afternoon

Only way to watch footy on a Sunday is for your team to be in the bottom 4 these days
You actually watch that game?

I don't understand your comment about Sundays. Are you saying you only go to games on a Sunday if your team is in the bottom four?

siv

First Grade
You actually watch that game?

I don't understand your comment about Sundays. Are you saying you only go to games on a Sunday if your team is in the bottom four?
No I can ONLY go watch a NRL game on a Sunday when my team becomes a bottom 4 team

Because the NRL only schedule worst 2 games of the round on a Sunday

siv

First Grade
You cannot attend on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday?
Lets answer that one

I travel 1h 30 min to work and it takes 1h30 to go to a game

Thursday and Friday are workdays RG kicks off at 5:00 so you must leave work at 3pm just to attend. You are forced to leave the kids at home and fighting through peak hour traffic is a nightmare. Then you dont get home till midnight or 1am on public transport

Saturday is junior football day so the decision becomes go to the NRL or taking the kids to their local footy match which can go up to 4pm some days

The Great Dane

First Grade
No I can ONLY go watch a NRL game on a Sunday when my team becomes a bottom 4 team

Because the NRL only schedule worst 2 games of the round on a Sunday
The NRL releases the whole draw before the season starts, so how could they possibly plan to have the 2 worst games of each round on Sunday when they don't know which teams will be the worst before the season starts?

Furthermore, sure some get more than others, but every team gets at least some Sunday games, so what the f**k are you talking about?
Thursday and Friday are workdays RG kicks off at 5:00 so you must leave work at 3pm just to attend.
Then don't attend the 'reserve grade'... Nobody else does...

Maybe the fact that you never actually attend games is why you think three grades on matchday is a great selling point. If anything, as you yourself are evidence of, it turns people off attending because it's too big of a time commitment.
Saturday is junior football day so the decision becomes go to the NRL or taking the kids to their local footy match which can go up to 4pm some days
What moron is running junior sports that run up till 4pm?!

Outside of sports that have no choice because of an extreme lack of facilities, which is a pretty uniquely Canberran problem as far as I can tell, everybody here starts as early as possible to try and be done around midday. Preferably before then.

Perth Red

Post Whore
From the article itself. Yeh their national strategy hasn’t paid off at all lol

Seven West Media and Foxtel recently signed the richest deal in Australian sport history for the rights to the AFL, a $4.5billion deal locking in broadcasting rights for the competition from 2025 to 2031.

kind of ironic that after talking down their gf audience, we drew less!

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
From the article itself. Yeh their national strategy hasn’t paid off at all lol

Seven West Media and Foxtel recently signed the richest deal in Australian sport history for the rights to the AFL, a $4.5billion deal locking in broadcasting rights for the competition from 2025 to 2031.
And you're* throwing it down the toilet.

* you're as you are an afl fan.

Colk

First Grade
You had a metro reach already. Then you took it too far and are forced to throw your money into bottomless pits.

Your expansion beyond Terra australis seems to have gone well.

A second side in Sydney and particularly one in GC has been perhaps a little ambitious for the fumblers. From our side one in Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide will be more than sufficient

Wb1234

Referee
A second side in Sydney and particularly one in GC has been perhaps a little ambitious for the fumblers. From our side one in Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide will be more than sufficient
Ambitious is a really generous term for what they did

stupidity or arrogance are the terms I would use