What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will be the biggest crowd in RD1

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
I don't think the Penrith game will be a 'terrible' crowd, I'd expect it to draw around 15K, especially if they can sign up a lot of new members in the battle of the west.

BDGS

Bench
Melbourne should be marketting the hell out of their opening game. If they could get more than the rebels did in their first game (25k?) then it will be a massive moral victory.

Wishful thinking, the only reason the crowd was so high was because it was an 'event', the crowd will slowly get smaller and smaller, the crowds will drop dramatically if they keep getting hammered.

The real test for the rebels will be next season, they will get an higher average crowd then the Storm will but the Storm have four more games and will will end up with a higher total.

_Johnsy

Referee
Purchased my GC v Drags tix 15min after release, arrived 4 days ago & pax was @ 9000. Should be a sellout.

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
Didn't know it was illegal to like more then one sport you dope:lol:

I didn't watch it, but had a look at the match report looking for nothing but crowd size. Only 14k. I expected they would get 20k and from there is would slowly drop down to 12-14k by the end of the season. Now i'm wondering if it will drop further.

Raiderdave

First Grade
They weren't playing for points last year. The first game of the year is usually a big draw as well.

If the storm get 15K or less to the first game, thats a terrible crowd and not really a good sign for the club at all.

im aware of the no points thing

I was saying that 14.7K average is a little deceiving
& 15K terrible or otherwise is about right for rnd 1

they'll do better then that in some encounters
& worse in a lot too
& doesn't say anything about the club in my opinion , as I don't think they'll go anywhere near as well on field this year as previous ones.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I think the Raiders will fare a lot better than most are predicting. I'll be very disappointed if we draw less than 17,000.

Black Opal races are on at thoroughbred park on the same day, that will get over 10K & may affect the Raiders crowd somewhat ... so 15K will pull it up

round 2 Friday Night V the Broncos may crack 20K through

Dazraider

Juniors
Id go with Dogs tigers anyway out of those three

roosters supporters get souths supporters making up the numbers for their home game
warriors eels should have numbers as warriors will be playing for earthquake victims so the crowd should make it in numbers there

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
It would be a major disappointment and surprise to me if the Warriors didn't get at least 30,000. A lot of people seem to be talking about the game.

Billythekid

First Grade
It would be a major disappointment and surprise to me if the Warriors didn't get at least 30,000. A lot of people seem to be talking about the game.

That would be fantastic and a great effort by NZ fans. Actually NZ have had some great support in their trials as well.

Its good to see the game performing well over there.

Gaseous Clay

Juniors
The Warriors game will be mid to high 20 k's
Gold Coast will sell out against the premiers
Raiders will be 17k +, wouldn't be suprised if they got 20k + The Brumbies are on the decline and the fickle Canberrans will return to the Raiders, a team on the up.
Broncos will sell out

The rest I have no idea.

blukablu

Juniors
Roosters V Souths - 22,500
Broncos V Cowboys - 50,000
Warriors V Parra - 25,000
Titans V Dragons - 27,000
Melb V Manly - 25,000
Raiders V Sharks - 17,500
Penrith V Newcastle - 13,000
Bulldogs V Tigers - 20,000

If the storm get 15K or less to the first game, thats a terrible crowd and not really a good sign for the club at all.

Well Billy, as you know a full-time Treiziste team has only been in Victoria for 12 years, and after what happened last year, things will take time to recover, and then to grow some more. I've been expecting a crowd of less that 10k for the first match. But it's for all of us to stick together, and membership will grow over the years.

Treiziste is the best sport on the planet. And it's getting better.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Well Billy, as you know a full-time Treiziste team has only been in Victoria for 12 years, and after what happened last year, things will take time to recover, and then to grow some more. I've been expecting a crowd of less that 10k for the first match. But it's for all of us to stick together, and membership will grow over the years.

Treiziste is the best sport on the planet. And it's getting better.

i hate you