What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's doing Manly?

sooperdooper

First Grade
CharlieF said:
Penalty or no penalty, missed tackle or not, opposition teams avoid running down his side.

I'm not talking about just defence, it is also that agro factor which is important, not to mention he can run the ball up as hard as any back rower.

please... teams run at him all day... he cant tackle.

CharlieF

Juniors
Rockin Ronny said:
What's all this stuff about Manly missing:

Stewart
Matai
Bell
Lyon
Kite
Ballin
Dunley and
Rose

Stewart makes a difference. Kite's OK - altho the Bulldogs made him look 2nd rate. The rest are ordinary (and virtually unknown) and Lyon has been shocking this year. Just quoting names doesn;t mean they would have made a difference.

Good teams have 10 good reserves and don't drop games in 2007 to Penrith and St George Premier League.

I said we were sh*t.

CharlieF

Juniors
Ice777 said:
You're missing the entire point Charlie, Manly did beat the Storm but it's irrellevant in this particular argument. Manly were then travelling along nicely then and people weren't questioning their premiership credentials or questioning whether the wheels had fallen off like they are now which is exactly the point of the argument.

Those doubts and questions have started in the last month when Manly have lost to 2 bottom sides as well as another in the bottom half of the 8 in their last 4 games. Yes, Manly had some great wins in the first half of the year including against Melbourne, but as mentioned those wins have absolutely nothing to do with what's being argued here and that is how Manly's form has dropped off dramatically in the last month and whether or not they can turn it around or if they are the real deal for the title.

Sorry mate, everyone was questioning their credentials before and after they beat them.
The point is they lift for the games that count, and that includes beating the Storm. They threw everything at Manly and came up with zip. Watch it again and enjoy.

Ice777

Bench
CharlieF said:
Sorry mate, everyone was questioning their credentials before and after they beat them.
The point is they lift for the games that count, and that includes beating the Storm. They threw everything at Manly and came up with zip. Watch it again and enjoy.

Still doesn't explain how you lost to 3 bottom sides and that's exactly why people are questioning whether Manly have what it takes to win the comp. But you keep hanging your hat on beating the Storm and forget about the real problem issues that Manly have ;-)

The ironic part is that you keep saying how those 3 losses mean nothing in the context of the season yet you also keep bringing up a game you actually won that means even less. I think you can tell alot more about Manly in the 3 losses against much lower sides than what you can about beating a top side at home by 1 whole point.

I think you're the one who should watch that game again and enjoy it Charles because you haven't had much enjoyment in the last month or so :lol:

sooperdooper

First Grade
CharlieF said:
Tell me who you go for, and I may give you some examples from this year vs your team.

parra and let me guess your gonna say about his shot on guru...
lets talk defence not a one off hit...he cant defend

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Manly can win the comp

Mona's at 7,Burns at 6 and Ballin at 9. With Orford at centrelink and Lyon at fat camp.

CharlieF

Juniors
Ice777 said:
Still doesn't explain how you lost to 3 bottom sides and that's exactly why people are questioning whether Manly have what it takes to win the comp. But you keep hanging your hat on beating the Storm and forget about the real problem issues that Manly have ;-)

The ironic part is that you keep saying how those 3 losses mean nothing in the context of the season yet you also keep bringing up a game you actually won that means even less. I think you can tell alot more about Manly in the 3 losses against much lower sides than what you can about beating a top side at home by 1 whole point.

I think you're the one who should watch that game again and enjoy it Charles because you haven't had much enjoyment in the last month or so :lol:

I'll be right.

CharlieF

Juniors
sooperdooper said:
parra and let me guess your gonna say about his shot on guru...
lets talk defence not a one off hit...he cant defend

And the rest.

All were pretty quiet after that, and then you consider that he had only played about 10 minutes of football all year. Thats probably why you only noticed one hit, he hasn't been playing.

Glad you remember. Pretty hard not to I guess.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
Dutchy said:
Matai is a great centre - An INTERNATIONAL!!!

Im sorry but being an International for New Zealand now days means stuff all.

Inu got a call up after one first grade game(not that there is anything wrong with Inu).

CharlieF

Juniors
Ice777 said:
That's right Charles just ignore the rest now won't you. Very much like you do your fuulbacks deficiencie's ;-)

FFS its the fullback now. He has only played half the games these last 4 weeks.

There are current Threads about Orford, Lyon, Williamson and now Stewart as well. Now I know its a gee up.

Ice777

Bench
CharlieF said:
FFS its the fullback now. He has only played half the games these last 4 weeks.

There are current Threads about Orford, Lyon, Williamson and now Stewart as well. Now I know its a gee up.

:lol: Sorry that was my mistake i meant your halfbacks deficiencies.

Disco

Bench
drake said:
B.Morris
Naiqama
Gasnier
Cooper
Ryles
Woolford
Sims
Young

You play the cards you are dealt.

A good half of our team had less than 10 first grade games under their belts. One is still in school. Hornby back early from a knee injury. Halves have played 3 games together.

Keep rackin' up them excuses.
Mate, im not using it as an excuse for losing, you guys deserved the win, you clearly out-enthused us

im just saying that people are getting ahead of themselves in writing us off after one ordinary performance

Disco

Bench
Rockin Ronny said:
What's all this stuff about Manly missing:

Stewart
Matai
Bell
Lyon
Kite
Ballin
Dunley and
Rose

Stewart makes a difference. Kite's OK - altho the Bulldogs made him look 2nd rate. The rest are ordinary (and virtually unknown) and Lyon has been shocking this year. Just quoting names doesn;t mean they would have made a difference.

Good teams have 10 good reserves and don't drop games in 2007 to Penrith and St George Premier League.
You just called a test player and a SOO player virtually unknown:roll:

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Disco said:
You just called a test player and a SOO player virtually unknown:roll:

Sorry - ordinary/unknowns and Matai, a Kiwi international.

You're only as good as your last game - and that makes Manly look pretty ordinary. I seriously question whether they make the 8 and, if they do, they're gonna get smashed.

Latest posts