What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's doing Manly?

Danish

Referee
TBH i would give plenty for the roosters to be having Manly's "problems" at the moment.

Orford and Menzies played bad enough to lose that game yesterday. Saints didn't do too badly in the referee department either so I wouldnt chalk it up to too much.

We'll play the Sea Eagles back into form next week. Orford always has a blinder against us

lockyno1

Post Whore
CharlieF said:
Why, because YOU have locked in future games as certain loses??

Not really but look at who you have ahead!

1. Roosters - just starting to fire
2. Tigers - i think you will win this one
3. Sharks - away - sharks are hard at home
4. Eels - away - can't see you winning this one
5. Broncos - away - flip of the coin
6. Knights - away - toss up.
7. Souths - away - souths are just starting to play better
8. Warriors - away - warriors will win at home
9. Dragons - week after travelling to NZ, very tough finish.

So out off all these matches none of them you would put down as certainties. You may think that having a few losses won't hurt your season but considering your run home, these losses may prove costly!

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Danish said:
TBH i would give plenty for the roosters to be having Manly's "problems" at the moment.

Orford and Menzies played bad enough to lose that game yesterday. Saints didn't do too badly in the referee department either so I wouldnt chalk it up to too much.

We'll play the Sea Eagles back into form next week. Orford always has a blinder against us

I think the Roosters will beat Manly. Manly now has big doubts. Really good teams can have roblems but still get away with games against lower teams. For Manly to lose to Penrith, Saints PL and get towelled up by the Doggies at home - that is a serious sign of decline.

get on the Roosters.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
I think the problem with Orford is the man outside him Jamie lyon is not a number 6 so basically all the pressure is on Orford. Does not explain today though.

Parra have a pretty hard run home to. Not as tough as Manly though.

sooperdooper

First Grade
there are no easy runs home!!
but the fact that manly have alot of away games is what may be hard for them!!

CharlieF

Juniors
sooperdooper said:
there are no easy runs home!!
but the fact that manly have alot of away games is what may be hard for them!!

I think that these hard games coming up are a good thing. If they can't do well over the next 8 weeks or so, then forget the semis. Its their chance to get on a roll against quality opposition and pressure games. It should actually be exciting to see how they go.

sooperdooper

First Grade
CharlieF said:
I think that these hard games coming up are a good thing. If they can't do well over the next 8 weeks or so, then forget the semis. Its their chance to get on a roll against quality opposition and pressure games. It should actually be exciting to see how they go.

well one minute you say the teams you lost against dont count, now you say games from here count?
every game counts in a season... from the first to last!

CharlieF

Juniors
sooperdooper said:
well one minute you say the teams you lost against dont count, now you say games from here count?
every game counts in a season... from the first to last!

I said that they have the perfect preparation for the semis. I didn't say anything about counting. For manly to make the semis, they don't have to count on any games, because they will be there. I also said that if you want to judge Manlys performance based on the last 4 weeks and during SOO where they had players missing, fine. I honestly can't see it as indication of the teams performance.

I'm not the one that has said that Manly's season is gone and that they are no chance. All I have said is that you can't write them off just yet as there is no basis for it. I'm making no bold statement, I'm supporting my team.

Disco

Bench
Haha People are writing Manly off after we narrowly lost a game when we were missing

Stewart
Matai
Bell
Lyon
Kite
Ballin
Dunley and
Rose

Give me a break, we are sitting comfortably in second and have yet to field our best side all year

CharlieF

Juniors
Disco said:
Haha People are writing Manly off after we narrowly lost a game when we were missing

Stewart
Matai
Bell
Lyon
Kite
Ballin
Dunley and
Rose

Give me a break, we are sitting comfortably in second and have yet to field our best side all year

Not to mention there are 2 other threads going round saying that Willo and Ox are rubbish and useless, so that makes 10 players missing for Manly, but they are still second on the ladder. Does not compute. Suck it up opposition supporters.

gong_eagle

First Grade
The Next month will decide our season
17 7/07/2007 7:30pm Sea Eagles - Roosters Brookvale Oval
18 13/07/2007 7:30pm Sea Eagles - Tigers Brookvale Oval
19 20/07/2007 7:30pm Sharks - Sea Eagles Toyota Park
20 29/07/2007 3:00pm Eels - Sea Eagles Parramatta Stadium

if we can get 3 wins out of theses games we should finish in 2nd spot

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
CharlieF said:

On the other hand, 7 hard games - maybe some injuries to key players (Stewart, Monnas) - anf you will be worn out if you make the finals.

sooperdooper

First Grade
CharlieF said:
I said that they have the perfect preparation for the semis. I didn't say anything about counting. For manly to make the semis, they don't have to count on any games, because they will be there. I also said that if you want to judge Manlys performance based on the last 4 weeks and during SOO where they had players missing, fine. I honestly can't see it as indication of the teams performance.

I'm not the one that has said that Manly's season is gone and that they are no chance. All I have said is that you can't write them off just yet as there is no basis for it. I'm making no bold statement, I'm supporting my team.

brisbane had state of origin players missing and...? so did the dogs and....?
SOO hits every team. What it does is test your depth.
Some clubs have it others dont. I beleive you fall into the 2nd catergory!

Manly will be in the finals no doubt, i am just saying every game is important! I dont think you can take losses to dragons,panthers,dogs lightly. I mean a loss is a loss.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Disco said:

Stewart
Matai
Bell
Lyon
Kite
Ballin
Dunley and
Rose

how much influence have ballin,matai,Dunley and Rose had? Little to none...

CharlieF

Juniors
sooperdooper said:
how much influence have ballin,matai,Dunley and Rose had? Little to none...

You need to be playing to have any influence.

That is why it would be good to see most of those back.

Matai is a huge loss. Its not too often that an opposition team runs down Matais side of the field.

Downie

Guest Moderator
Ballin is a great hooker and was key in their early games without Orford. Matai has played well in the few games he has played and Rose provided some good impact of the bench, something Manly lack with Bryant and Hall.

CharlieF

Juniors
Downie said:
Ballin is a great hooker and was key in their early games without Orford. Matai has played well in the few games he has played and Rose provided some good impact of the bench, something Manly lack with Bryant and Hall.

With the interruption of SOO gone by this week, Manly should also have Stewart, Bell, Lyon and Kite back in action and more importantly concentrating on the task at hand.

Dutchy

Immortal
hindmarsh4pm said:
manly need michael witt lol

Maybe for goalkicking...extra 2 pts here and there is not worth the pain of putting up with Wittyfan though

sooperdooper

First Grade
CharlieF said:
You need to be playing to have any influence.

That is why it would be good to see most of those back.

Matai is a huge loss. Its not too often that an opposition team runs down Matais side of the field.

why is that?
matai is no loss at all for you guys... he cant defend. Misses many tackles while trying to put on a 'hit' which usually results in a penalty

Latest posts