What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When are we going to hear about Folau already?!?!

Shorty

Staff member
The Informer said:
My mail since last yr is he signed a letter of intent in Sept last yr with the Broncos, and his manager was told to approach them. At the same time he asked for a release which was declined. He will go for 3rd less he could have got on the open market. He is very very close to his parents, and is a very quite reserved kid who just wants to be back at home. Syd clubs were never an option just a smoke screen (the Bulldogs was crap just to promote a few Directors looking for election votes), as has been the media beat up through the last few months. Its been drawn out and beaten up for the Storm to save soe face as if it's been a bidding war. It never was.
I thought his family and folks are now in Sydney due to his brothers making their mark in League?

I think he's staying,but for how much?
If Melbourne lose him,no big loss as I'm sure they've got a bit of talent up their sleeve.

The Informer

Juniors
Shorty said:
I thought his family and folks are now in Sydney due to his brothers making their mark in League?

I think he's staying,but for how much?
If Melbourne lose him,no big loss as I'm sure they've got a bit of talent up their sleeve.

No. Live in Brisbane, Western Subs I think.

Mr Saab said:
He has aligned himself to QLD. Last yr when there were injury dramas around origin time Falou said he would be playing for QLD.
Does not matter where he was born....Sterling was born in Toowomba.
Yeah I know all that, about Sterlo, but Inglis deadset played in group 2. So how is he a Qlder? there must be deals done in back alley's or something!

Shorty

Staff member
To my knowledge Inglis had a foot in both camps uniquely and had the power to choose.

So the whole idea of Origin was that the 1st senior football (over the age of 16) was to be the deciding factor on which state you can play for.
So lets just throw the whole origin concept out the window and when you sign your 1st NRL contract just tick the the NSW or QLD box.

McCrud

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
For what it is worth, 2UE (John Gibbes and Greg Alexander) said he would be signing with the Broncos. Basically signed sealed delivered.
Kiss of death. Folau's eight-year deal with the Storm to be signed tomorrow.

lotti

Bench
parra-matters said:
So the whole idea of Origin was that the 1st senior football (over the age of 16) was to be the deciding factor on which state you can play for.
So lets just throw the whole origin concept out the window and when you sign your 1st NRL contract just tick the the NSW or QLD box.
which means Folau will probably play for QLD because I think he played for North Devils before his NRL call up.

Mr Saab

Referee
Le KooK said:
Kiss of death. Folau's eight-year deal with the Storm to be signed tomorrow.

I dont know. They interviewed Billy Slater and he was rather coy about it....well....he basically said (in not so many words) that it would be a shame to lose him

lotti

Bench
the team(including Bellamy) have probably been told to keep tight liped about it until it's announced by Izzy, Brian or the Broncos say something.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
The Informer said:
My mail since last yr is he signed a letter of intent in Sept last yr with the Broncos, and his manager was told to approach them. At the same time he asked for a release which was declined. He will go for 3rd less he could have got on the open market. He is very very close to his parents, and is a very quite reserved kid who just wants to be back at home. Syd clubs were never an option just a smoke screen (the Bulldogs was crap just to promote a few Directors looking for election votes), as has been the media beat up through the last few months. Its been drawn out and beaten up for the Storm to save soe face as if it's been a bidding war. It never was.

Danny Weidler?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Mr Saab said:
He has aligned himself to QLD. Last yr when there were injury dramas around origin time Falou said he would be playing for QLD.
Does not matter where he was born....Sterling was born in Toowomba.

Sterling played his 1st top level League match in NSW. As the rule states. Inglis how ever slipped through the cracks.

1 Eyed TEZZA said:
Sterling played his 1st top level League match in NSW. As the rule states. Inglis how ever slipped through the cracks.
And did the NSW officalls kick up a stink? Thats the problem with the NSWRL they just go with the flow, some of the board members have been there too long.
Get some fresh blood in there, Daley, Mortimer, Sterling, Pearce etc.

Juniors
folau will leave, 100%, heard more than afew whispers and this time i tend to believe 2ue

melbourne arn't stupid, they've got 2 kids (tomane & chambers) who are going to be stars in the centres who they can sign to long term deals cheaply while their young, they can upgrade the core group to long term deals ie cronk smith slater inglis etc, and they can upgrade sammy t, sika manu, adam blair and co's contracts long term aswell for what were forking out for issy.

issy, it's been good while it lasted, good luck in brisbane

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
parra-matters said:
And did the NSW officalls kick up a stink? Thats the problem with the NSWRL they just go with the flow, some of the board members have been there too long.
Get some fresh blood in there, Daley, Mortimer, Sterling, Pearce etc.

Iv never understood why the ARL dont step in when something like this happens.

Latest posts