What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When are we going to hear about Folau already?!?!

lotti

Bench
hopefully Izzy re-signs but I'm taking my lead from Craig, not going to pressure him Izzy knows my feelings on the matter I told him them before the Manly trial.

Shorty

Staff member

Ice777

Bench
Well if he's not happy in Melbourne then why wouldn't he have announced by now he's leaving? He is happy in Melbourne as reported, but no matter how happy that may be that doesn't mean he's not missing his family at the same time which is the main issue.

For the record i don't think we'll keep him and he'll head home to be closer to his family.

Shorty

Staff member
Because it's a big decision to leave a highly successful club like Melbourne and the coach that has given you a start in your career.
It takes a bit of time to think things through.

Ice777

Bench
I agree with all that. My point being is you said he's obviously not happy at Melbourne which is wrong and has nothing at all to do with his decision or why it's being delayed. If there was some truth in it i doubt he or anyone else would stay somewhere where they aren't happy, especially if you're only 18 and away from your family like he has been for a few years now.

It's not about money either as they reckon both offers are reportedly pretty close. It's about going home to be closer to his family and that's about it.

Shorty

Staff member
Well he's not,if he's taken such consideration into where he's signing.
If he wanted to stay in Melbourne,he would have signed then and there wouldn't he?

Why would he draw out something so long if he wasn't conflicted?

Ice777

Bench
You're missing my whole point. I'm not saying he wants to stay in Melbourne or he doesn't want to. I said IF he leaves it won't be because he's unhappy at the Storm as you stated. As for your question it goes both ways. If he didn't want to stay in Melbourne then he would've signed for the Bronco's by now wouldn't he? It doesn't matter anyway, they're all hypotheticals because we don't know jack sh*t what he's thinking in regards to which way he's going to go.

But i'll say it again, i do think he'll sign for the Broncos but not because he's unhappy, not because of money but for the main reason of being closer to his family. Nothing else.

Shorty

Staff member
Ice777 said:
You're missing my whole point. I'm not saying he wants to stay in Melbourne or he doesn't want to. I said IF he leaves it won't be because he's unhappy at the Storm as you stated. As for your question it goes both ways. If he didn't want to stay in Melbourne then he would've signed for the Bronco's by now wouldn't he? It doesn't matter anyway, they're all hypotheticals because we don't know jack sh*t what he's thinking in regards to which way he's going to go.

But i'll say it again, i do think he'll sign for the Broncos but not because he's unhappy, not because of money but for the main reason of being closer to his family. Nothing else.
Yeah I get what you're saying now.
No but if he infact has signed for the Broncos or wants to it would take a lot of consideration as of would I said before.

That or the manager is just f**king everyone around.

The Informer

Juniors
The Informer said:
My mail since last yr is he signed a letter of intent in Sept last yr with the Broncos, and his manager was told to approach them. At the same time he asked for a release which was declined. He will go for 3rd less he could have got on the open market. He is very very close to his parents, and is a very quite reserved kid who just wants to be back at home. Syd clubs were never an option just a smoke screen (the Bulldogs was crap just to promote a few Directors looking for election votes), as has been the media beat up through the last few months. Its been drawn out and beaten up for the Storm to save face as if it's been a bidding war. It never was.

Think you'll find the reason this has been quite through recent wks is some looked ahead some wks ago when trying to decide when to make this announcement and seeing that the Storm play the Broncos in R 4 decided the last thing they needed in the weeks prior to this game was media stories all about Folau playing against his new club . . . . . .

lotti

Bench
no announcement was made about it and how do you explain what Izzy told me before the Manly trial? Izzy told me he will stay if he can.

BrisVegas

Juniors
No point in announcing anything with Brisbane v Storm to be played at Olympic park next Friday night. The last thing wanted is a week of "Israel v his new club" build up. Expect an announcement in a weeks time.

lotti said:
no announcement was made about it and how do you explain what Izzy told me before the Manly trial? Izzy told me he will stay if he can.

You really are a tool.
I'll explain it to you... why in god's name would he tell you any different?? He's not going to say to a storm fan - one who seems to think they are best friends with every player and privy to inside information, which I'm quietly confident you're not, that he's leaving!

gong_eagle

First Grade
Listening to ABC radio just then
the ABC commentator David Morrow just said that Peter Sterling had just handed him a note that Israel Folau will be a Bronco for 4 years