What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When are we going to hear about Folau already?!?!

skeepe

Immortal
Mr Saab said:
For what it is worth, 2UE (John Gibbes and Greg Alexander) said he would be signing with the Broncos. Basically signed sealed delivered.
I hope that is the case, cause the Broncos will have a gun backline next yr

They said the same thing about Todd Carney to Manly.

Brycey

Juniors
Issys parents live in Logan region in QLD, Folau went to high school at Marsden High

Butters

Bench
Johns Magic said:
He's very overrated, the Storm would be smart to let him go.

I wouldn't call him overrated now, last year come finals time i wouldve as he was doing nothing all game and letting players slip by him in defence. But now it seems that his attack has improved immensely, he looked very dangerous against the Warriors.

NthKnight

1 Eyed TEZZA said:
Iv never understood why the ARL dont step in when something like this happens.

Basically what it come down to is the players choice and fair enough too. I for one wouldnt want a player to pull on a Blues jersey if their heart was not in it and I dont think the ARL/NRL/NSWRL/QRL has any right to force them either way. Once they nominate either way that is it though and going forward that is the only state they are eligable for. Shannon Walker is in the same boat that Inglis was in and has pretty much come out and said thay he will play for the first state that picks him which IMO is crap as it shows he has no passion for either jumper.

sooperdooper

First Grade
i rate the kid, but his asking price is waaaaaay to high which is why you have seen all the clubs pull out of the race for him

Karmawave

Bench
NthKnight said:
Shannon Walker is in the same boat that Inglis was in and has pretty much come out and said thay he will play for the first state that picks him which IMO is crap as it shows he has no passion for either jumper.

Queensland are picking their first Origin team at 11.30am today with apparently a shock inclusion on the bench ;-)

NthKnight

Karmawave said:
Queensland are picking their first Origin team at 11.30am today with apparently a shock inclusion on the bench ;-)

:lol: Picking a Qld Cup player that is yet to see any NRL first grade would be pretty ballsy indeed.

mxlegend99

Referee
NthKnight said:
:lol: Picking a Qld Cup player that is yet to see any NRL first grade would be pretty ballsy indeed.
Imagine how p*ssed everyone would be if Matt Bowen was left out and Shannon Walker got picked. :lol:

Shorty

Staff member
Johns Magic said:
I wouldn't say he's over rated,obviously his management has been running up his price a sh*tload which means one thing.
He's made his mind up about where he's going to go,it's just a matter of where!

And he's going to be a great player,but yeah Melbourne wouldn't suffer the loss terribly.

badav

Bench
Johns Magic said:

Overrated?? He's played one season of footy.

Plus, hes the best young talent on the open market. No questions asked.

The Informer

Juniors
Johns Magic said:

Obviously a G up. The kid is 18 or 19, 6 foot something and a huge talent. You don't make the grade in a title wining side and then go on to play for your country in your first full yr of grade footy if you can't play. Quality 3's and 4's are like rocking horse siht, that's why everyone started climbing all over him last yr. He's class with a capital C and he'll be a star for the next 10 yrs.

lotti

Bench
looks like I'm gonna have to go to Storm training tomorrow to see if he's made his mind up.

miccle

Bench
Wishful thinking that the Broncs could snare him (and I sincerely hope that, if we do, the price isn't over 300k), but I'm salivating at the thought of Hodges/Folau in the centres. FMD.

McCrud

Juniors
http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/bellamy-allows-folau-more-time/20080319-20hy.html

Bellamy allows Folau more time

March 19, 2008 - 7:48PM

Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy says he's taken the foot off the pedal in pressuring teen sensation Israel Folau to make a decision on his NRL future.Folau was due to make a call on his future this week, with the 18-year-old believed to be weighing up massive offers from both the Storm and Brisbane, where much of his family is based.

But Bellamy said he would not be pushing his gun youngster, having already admitted the process had affected his football over the pre-season and in the World Club Challenge loss to Leeds."If he needs a bit more time, I'm willing to give that to him," Bellamy said."He needs to be happy with where he's going. "The thing that we've forgotten all along is he's only 18 years old. "He's had a lot of pressure on him, (the media) have been at him all the time, we've been at him to make a decision."Here he is an 18-year-old, and it's a big decision for him."

Storm boss Brian Waldron said he had been in almost daily contact with Folau's manager Issac Mosses, which included talks on Wednesday afternoon.Asked if he thought a decision was imminent, Waldron admitted he was still a little in the dark."We would love to resolve it as quickly as possible, but it hasn't proved as easy as what we probably thought it would be," Waldron said."It's not even a money issue any more to be honest - it stopped being a money issue when he rejected offers from the Sydney clubs."

But while the Storm may be going easy on their young star, Bellamy admitted the club was still desperate to sign the player who last year became the youngest to make his Test debut for Australia when he appeared in the end of season Test against New Zealand. "We want him to stay, he's happy in Melbourne and we'd love him to stay," Bellamy said."But if the right decision is to go somewhere else, it's the right decision."At the same time, I think it would be wrong for him to go somewhere if it's the right decision to stay in Melbourne."