What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which players are you most interested in 2024

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think I recall some comments from Manly at the time that they were looking to have Gutherson as their long-term centre.

They were definitely annoyed when we snagged him.

he was still contracted to Manly when he signed, I'm not sure they can be annoyed about releasing a kid from his deal.

one things for certain BA knew straight away he nabbed a special one when the deal came through.

Avenger

Immortal
he was still contracted to Manly when he signed, I'm not sure they can be annoyed about releasing a kid from his deal.

one things for certain BA knew straight away he nabbed a special one when the deal came through.
I still remember where I was when @Delboy contacted me one Saturday morning to tell me we snagged him.

Easily our greatest external signing since Ray Price.

Eelementary

Post Whore

They were probably annoyed that we were the ones to sign him!

I can see why they made the call - they had Tom Trbojevic, and Gutherson suffered his second knee injury.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah i dont think we had a particularly bad injury year .. there are always going to be injuries and the way our squad is built is meant to handle that .... the dumb as shit suspensions screwed us

RCG missed 10 games
Lane missed 14
Grieg missed 8
Matterson 6

Being that our forward pack is our strength I reckon we where unable to dominate how we would normally.

The Colonel

Immortal
AA1mnjba.img

Looking at this photo, Junior has dropped a few kilos. Possibly the fittest I have seen him in some time. Be interested to see how well the weight drop helps him this year.

The Colonel

Immortal
Yeah i dont think we had a particularly bad injury year .. there are always going to be injuries and the way our squad is built is meant to handle that .... the dumb as shit suspensions screwed us
We started the season with 16 contracted players and had to draft in Lumelume to field a side. We lost Lane, Greig, RCG, Matterson, Hodgson, Doorey, Ofehengaue, Davey, Dunster, Rein, Cini, Loizou and Blake for long periods throughout the season. We had two forwards playing in the centres in NSW Cup for a long period and Rein, Davey and Hodgson were all medically retired during the season.

Dumb shit suspensions cost us as did the release of players without replacing them in the squad but to suggest we didnt have a particularly bad injury year is fanciful....

strider

Post Whore
We started the season with 16 contracted players and had to draft in Lumelume to field a side. We lost Lane, Greig, RCG, Matterson, Hodgson, Doorey, Ofehengaue, Davey, Dunster, Rein, Cini, Loizou and Blake for long periods throughout the season. We had two forwards playing in the centres in NSW Cup for a long period and Rein, Davey and Hodgson were all medically retired during the season.

Dumb shit suspensions cost us as did the release of players without replacing them in the squad but to suggest we didnt have a particularly bad injury year is fanciful....
most of those players are rubbish

hodgo getting injured was a blessing ...... dunster, rein, loizou, blake - rubbish, none worthy of even filling in in NRL .... doorey, davey - pffft, fringe first graders

Lane and RCG were our main injuries - sure they were missed ...... every other team loses good players to injury too ...... I don't think it was a particularly bad injury year

strider

Post Whore
RCG missed 10 games
Lane missed 14
Grieg missed 8
Matterson 6

Being that our forward pack is our strength I reckon we where unable to dominate how we would normally.
yeah Lane and RCG were significant injuries that were bad for us .... but same shit happens with most teams

and half of Mattos missed games there are suspension .... and 4 of RCGs are suspension too

The Colonel

Immortal
most of those players are rubbish

hodgo getting injured was a blessing ...... dunster, rein, loizou, blake - rubbish, none worthy of even filling in in NRL .... doorey, davey - pffft, fringe first graders

Lane and RCG were our main injuries - sure they were missed ...... every other team loses good players to injury too ...... I don't think it was a particularly bad injury year

I feel you are talking out your arse....

The calibre of the player isn't part of the injury. If they aren't available then you have to replace them with someone. It upsets defensive patterns as players are defending outside someone new each week or having to learn a new combination in attack. Lane and RCG were our main injuries as was the disruption with suspensions for stupid reasons however injuries interrupt a season and to have so many players unavailable during the season played an impact regardless of your "interpretation". Other clubs have them as well and more often than not as we saw with clubs like the Bulldogs, Sea Eagles and Cowboys it impacts your season regardless of how you rate their playing ability.