What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has the best 1,6,7,9?

mxlegend99

Referee
We're going for the best 14,15,16,17 combo.

Best forward depth in the comp...our bench will kick arse! ;-):cool:

I dunno. Quiet a few teams have som pretty kick arse forward depth. Panthers lost a number of players and we still have:

8. Adam Woolnough
9. Paul Aiton (World Cup - PNG)
10. Petero Civoniceva (World Cup - AUS)
11. Frank Pritchard (NZ Rep)
12. Trent Waterhouse (NZ Rep)
13. Joseph Paulo (World Cup - Tonga)

14. Masada Iosefa (NZ + Samoan Training Squads)
15. Sam McKendry (World Cup - NZ Maori)
16. Frank Puletua (Samoan Training Squad)
17. Maurice Blair (World Cup - Aboriginal Dreamtime)

Joel Romelo
Keith Peters
Gavin Cooper
Nathan Smith
Daniel Penese
Junior Moors
Josh Bateman
Matthew Bell
Joel Orton
Tim Grant

Probably a few players which aren't well known to other teams... but that's some very solid depth. It's just a shame we can't say the same about our halves. It's also a shame that Nathan Smith will definitely be in the top 17.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Um no it wasn't hypocritical...a tanny eh?
You try so hard to get a reaction of sorts,you must be a middle child at home with no time spent with you.
Fail:roll:
Im supposedly trying to get a reaction and you keep reacting but Ive somehow failed?

You keep resorting to personal attacks however. I think we know who has failed here.

This post in reference to JT

Um except win Origin 08 without a halves partner,but anyway:sarcasm:

Followed by this in your following post

And Thurston is a halfback,not 17 players and a coach - The fact that the Cows came 15th was due to all of the team and coaching staff.

is clear cut hypocricy but please, continue to "argue"

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
Yes in which I explained in my next post,something you keep ignoring lol but keep trying hard love.

Anyway,NQcowboy....Rovelli? Are you f**king kidding me?
He won't be in the starting 17,and if he does make it that isn't a good thing!

aqua_duck

Coach
I dunno. Quiet a few teams have som pretty kick arse forward depth. Panthers lost a number of players and we still have:

8. Adam Woolnough
9. Paul Aiton (World Cup - PNG)
10. Petero Civoniceva (World Cup - AUS)
11. Frank Pritchard (NZ Rep)
12. Trent Waterhouse (former aust rep)
13. Joseph Paulo (World Cup - Samoa)

14. Masada Iosefa (NZ + Samoan Training Squads)
15. Sam McKendry (World Cup - NZ Maori)
16. Frank Puletua (Samoan Training Squad)
17. Maurice Blair (World Cup - Aboriginal Dreamtime)

Joel Romelo
Keith Peters
Gavin Cooper
Nathan Smith
Daniel Penese
Junior Moors
Josh Bateman
Matthew Bell
Joel Orton
Tim Grant

Probably a few players which aren't well known to other teams... but that's some very solid depth. It's just a shame we can't say the same about our halves. It's also a shame that Nathan Smith will definitely be in the top 17.

_Johnsy

Referee
panthers 14th would have to be considered a success in 2009

I think we'll have

Morris
Soward
Hornby
Priddis/Young

Big Mick

Referee
panthers 14th would have to be considered a success in 2009

LOL...yeah ok...I hate Elliot as much as anyone but there's going to be one word to describe Penrith this year...inconsistent.

Its going to be pretty much...the youngest team in the competition next year on average. Our spine is going to be incredibly young and while we'll show absolute patches of brilliance, they'll also show some signs of ill-discipline and will make mistakes...thats what young player's do.

But we wont be 14th...we'll be in the thick of it if Injuries go our way.

These young kids...and the ones behind them too...will surprise many doubters next year.

BTW...enjoy Priddis's slow distribution from dummy half...he slowed about 2 yards of pace last season...hopefully Benny shoved a rocket up his arse.

emil1989

Juniors
broncos

1 hunt
6 lockyer
7 wallace
9 pj marsh/gorrell

i think thats the best...the 1,6,7,9 doesnt always mean anything...the broncos wouldve been in the grand final or won it if these positions were the real basis of performance

storm and broncos IMO..then warriors

Moffo

Referee
You still haven't pointed out how your comment about one bad game as a rookie is relevant to anything.

It's like saying Manu Vatuvei isn't the best winger in the NRL at the moment because he had that infamous shocker against Paramatta in 2007.

its relevant, trust me

Loudstrat

Coach
broncos

1 hunt
6 lockyer
7 wallace
9 pj marsh/gorrell

i think thats the best...the 1,6,7,9 doesnt always mean anything...the broncos wouldve been in the grand final or won it if these positions were the real basis of performance

storm and broncos IMO..then warriors

Except for injuries.

Tommax25

Bench
Cant see the 6 ans 7 doing too much if their forwards are crap

and for the record the raider have the best pack therefore their 1,6,7 and 9 will smash it in 09 :D

manlys pack is better

kite
ballin
perry/king
watmough
hall
stewart

king/perry
rodney
cuthbo

but id rank the raiders second probably, at least top 3, im a big fan of their pack atm

Tommax25

Bench
storm are the best, then manly, then brisbane, then maybe cowboys.

Pretty much every team has 3 good/great players and one trash/unproven/average player that drags it down. With slater, inglis, cronk and smith the storm avoided that, this year is a different story if tamuata is 5/6, and i personally believe stewart, lyon, orford, and ballin avoids that aswell but people will probably argue against ballin. Brisbane have that gorrel who was pretty good at the dragons but we'll see.

shiznit

Coach
im looking forward to see how the warriors line up goes...

Joel Moon, Liam Foran, Stacey Jones, Nathan Fien & Michael Witt are all scrapping it out for the two halves spots.

then theres Lance Hohaia who can play 1, 6, 7 & 9.

Frederick

Staff member
im looking forward to see how the warriors line up goes...

Joel Moon, Liam Foran, Stacey Jones, Nathan Fien & Michael Witt are all scrapping it out for the two halves spots.

then theres Lance Hohaia who can play 1, 6, 7 & 9.
1. McKinnon
6. Fien
7. Jones
9. Henderson
14. Hohaia

bluey

Bench
1-Kearney
6- Barrett Bird Seymour
7-Barret Bird Deymour, Mcgrady
9-Hughes,Seu Seu, Caine

EagleDragon

Juniors
in response to spacemonkey you said that the warriors 1,6,7,9 would be:
1: McKinnon/Hohaia
6: Moon
7: Jones
9: Fein/Henderson

I reckon it would be:

1. kinnon
6. witt
7. jones
9. fien/ henderson
interchange. ohahio

also greg inglis told the press he wanted tot play centre not 5/8 which brings arana taumata into the 5/8 position.