What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be 2011 premiers?

Who will be premiers for 2011?

• St George Illawarra

Votes: 75 42.4%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 42 23.7%
  • Manly

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 23 13.0%

• Total voters

firechild

First Grade
lol you hypocrite, you whined about Hopoate just a couple of posts earlier.

Do they put some sort of idiot juice in the water in Southern Sydney? I didn't complain that we had players out, just commented that we will be stronger with those players back. The Dragqueens deserved to win a few weeks ago but going back to my original response, you can hardly say that because they won in round 16 then they will automatically win next time, especially given that there will be player changes to both sides.

kurt faulk

Coach
You have to play with the hand you're dealt. If players are out injured or suspended no good moaning about it after the event, all clubs face the same dramas.
If Saints can't field a full strength side, luck of the draw. One of the benefits of the past few years has been depth that has allowed resilience when a few players are missing.

who's moaning?

just stating a fact that the whole competition is aware of.

firechild

First Grade
You have to play with the hand you're dealt. If players are out injured or suspended no good moaning about it after the event, all clubs face the same dramas.
If Saints can't field a full strength side, luck of the draw. One of the benefits of the past few years has been depth that has allowed resilience when a few players are missing.

Exactly, there have been so many injuries through the middle of the season, why does everyone assume there will be none through the finals? Often the teams playing in the final 2 weeks are the ones that are least affected by injuries.

Godz Illa

Coach
Do they put some sort of idiot juice in the water in Southern Sydney? I didn't complain that we had players out, just commented that we will be stronger with those players back.
You don't seem to need the supplement at all. Born that way?

There was no complaint in my post, just pointing out that we had three influential players out and that we will be obviously stronger once they return

bottle

Coach
Do they put some sort of idiot juice in the water in Southern Sydney? I didn't complain that we had players out, just commented that we will be stronger with those players back. The Dragqueens deserved to win a few weeks ago but going back to my original response, you can hardly say that because they won in round 16 then they will automatically win next time, especially given that there will be player changes to both sides.

Godzilla wasn't moaning either, he just listed three players that were out on the night without any further comment. Didn't stop you referring to it as bitching.
Give it, take it. Simple

bottle

Coach
Exactly, there have been so many injuries through the middle of the season, why does everyone assume there will be none through the finals? Often the teams playing in the final 2 weeks are the ones that are least affected by injuries.

It seems we are in violent agreement. Filth and Stains, whodathunkit?

Danny-Boy

Juniors
I'm quite confident that a full strength Manly and Melbourne would thump Saints at Brookie and AAMI Park respectively.

The neutral venue will be very interesting....

Didn't Saints get flogged by both Manly and Melbourne last year? They definitely got lucky with Manly's injury concerns and Storm out of contention. Heck they were lucky to beat the Tigers in the preliminary final.

You heard it here first, the ONLY way St.George will make it to the Grand Final is if Manly and Melbourne meet in the preliminary final.

HowHigh

Coach
I'm quite confident that a full strength Manly and Melbourne would thump Saints at Brookie and AAMI Park respectively.

Didn't Saints get flogged by both Manly and Melbourne last year? They definitely got lucky with Manly's injury concerns and Storm out of contention. Heck they were lucky to beat the Tigers in the preliminary final.

You heard it here first, the ONLY way St.George will make it to the Grand Final is if Manly and Melbourne meet in the preliminary final.
I'm quite confident you are an idiot.

_Johnsy

Referee

I have no idea what more they could hve done, except beat the teams that are put in front of them ?

FMD, amazing post Dannyboy, any other excuses?

_Johnsy

Referee
Manly beat us 24-6. Ignore the fact it was origin period coupled with our injuries. Injuries are only a consideration as to why the dragons beat that team, right ?

Goose.

firechild

First Grade
Actually it was before origin so you can't use that excuse. Both teams were pretty much at full strength and had an equal number of players backing up from the test/city country matches the night before.

_Johnsy

Referee
Actually it was before origin so you can't use that excuse. Both teams were pretty much at full strength and had an equal number of players backing up from the test/city country matches the night before.

My mistake I thought it was that week, apoligies.

Bottom line is we got the job done when it mattered, no-one else did.

firechild

First Grade
Absolutely, as I said earlier, it is common for that to happen. Manly were never going to be able to put up a fight last year, Des had to pull the majority of the side from Toyota Cup and QLD Cup and the most disappoiting part of that was it meant that all 3 teams lost that weekend and had their finals cut short.

Hutty1986

Immortal

:lol::lol::lol: Derp!

Red Bear

Referee
St George will win it again IMO. Winner will come from Melbourne Manly and St George, and if the Tigers make the 8 I think they're the sort of team which could string a month of sublime form together and win it from 6 or 7th spot (unlikely tho).

MSIH

Bench
Dragons to win. Manly's best hope is to snag the minor premiership, win their 2 semi's and hope Melbourne and the Dragons bash the absolute shit out of each other in the prelim. Not out of the relms.

3duggali

Juniors
I think Thurston being injured might help the cowboys chance when it comes to the finals. The rest of the team will have to step up while he is away and hopefully he can go back to his form before the injury when he returns.