What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be 2011 premiers?

Who will be premiers for 2011?

• St George Illawarra

Votes: 75 42.4%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 42 23.7%
  • Manly

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 23 13.0%

• Total voters

firechild

First Grade
St Merge lost 24-6 to Manly last year and went on to win the premiership so it's hardly an indication of anything.

Dragon Dave

Bench
In what way were they dominated?

Posession: Manly 56% Dragqueens 44%
Completions: 29/35 for both teams
ARM: Manly 1333m Dragqueens 1343m
Offloads: Manly 15 Dragqueens 7
Kicks in play: Manly 22 Dragqueens 19
Errors: Manly 10 dragqueens 12

Overall it was a very evenly contested match. The Dragqueens should have had their first try disallowed for a knock on. The score could have been a lot closer, it got out to 18 points due to an intercept try against the run of play.

:lol: Every stat EXCLUDING the only one that counts. :lol:

bottle

Coach
St Merge lost 24-6 to Manly last year and went on to win the premiership so it's hardly an indication of anything.

It's an indication of what took place on the night.
However I agree that form/results during the season means little when it comes to finals other than to indicate consistency. It's been demonstrated time and again. It is the only indicator that we have though, and is justified in assessing likely outcomes.

HowHigh

Coach
In what way were they dominated?

Posession: Manly 56% Dragqueens 44%
Completions: 29/35 for both teams
ARM: Manly 1333m Dragqueens 1343m
Offloads: Manly 15 Dragqueens 7
Kicks in play: Manly 22 Dragqueens 19
Errors: Manly 10 dragqueens 12

Overall it was a very evenly contested match. The Dragqueens should have had their first try disallowed for a knock on. The score could have been a lot closer, it got out to 18 points due to an intercept try against the run of play.
:lol:
This stupid Manly fan again
Stats don't mean everything.

Not trolling but IMO would it invalidate St George-Illawarra's maiden premiership last year if the Storm were to win it this year?

HowHigh

Coach
Not trolling but IMO would it invalidate St George-Illawarra's maiden premiership last year if the Storm were to win it this year?
Nope.
They deserved what they got for breaking the rules. Give all the other teams the same extra cap space Melbourne used and you might have a point.

firechild

First Grade
Yes, you had some players out. Manly also had players out, including losing 2 players in the first half and playing with an injured 5/8. I'd prefer to have players out injured that can be replaced than lose players during the match. Why are Stains fans always bitching about who they have on the sidelines? Every team has players out injured.

bottle

Coach
Was Newcastle's half comp 1997 Premiership invalidated when a full comp was played in 1998 and subsequently won by Brisbane?

Ulysseus

Bench

No, nor does it get them ($torm) any of their "cheat" titles back for that matter.

Although considering the views of some, I wonder what it is going to take to fully validate the one Saints won in 2010.
Do they need to win it this year or is going deep into the finals simply enough?

I'd say winning the whole thing again would certainly silence quiet a few people, for good.

I will wait and see what happens in Round 24.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Yes, you had some players out. Manly also had players out, including losing 2 players in the first half and playing with an injured 5/8. I'd prefer to have players out injured that can be replaced than lose players during the match. Why are Stains fans always bitching about who they have on the sidelines? Every team has players out injured.

Why are you always whinging about the draw and can't acknowledge the fact we thumped you at WIN that night?

bottle

Coach

Same reason filth fans are always bitching about the draw i suppose.

firechild

First Grade
Thumped? Quite hypocritical considering the moaning from Stains supporters after exactly the same scoreline went the other way last year.

bottle

Coach

if saints can field a full strength team in the finals nobody will come close to them.

You have to play with the hand you're dealt. If players are out injured or suspended no good moaning about it after the event, all clubs face the same dramas.
If Saints can't field a full strength side, luck of the draw. One of the benefits of the past few years has been depth that has allowed resilience when a few players are missing.