What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be 2011 premiers?

Who will be premiers for 2011?

• St George Illawarra

Votes: 75 42.4%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 42 23.7%
  • Manly

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 23 13.0%

• Total voters

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The tigers are still a chance if they get there. The warriors have issues in the centres and the cowboys will struggle without a home final. Melbourne v Dragons GF.

Mr Saab

Referee
Since Origin finished, the Storm have just coasted by in second gear and winning games with minimal effort.

I can't see them being beaten this year.

They are overachieving IMO. Sure, they have the three origin player, but thats it (Dane Nielsen is not origin material)
Broncos should win on Fri night

Snappy

Coach
Since Origin finished, the Storm have just coasted by in second gear and winning games with minimal effort.

I can't see them being beaten this year.

I hear what ya saying and I agree with the first part. Although its been a long time since they played anyone in the top 5. Round 9 againt the broncos was the last time (top 5 team) and they only just beat the broncs who were missing rep players.

eagles4eva

First Grade
A couple of key injuries to any team and they could fade away.....

Love to see a Manly Vrs St Merge GF

Jono1987

Juniors
Only three have a real chance at winning it. Storm, Sea Eagles and Dragons. Storm have the best spine but the other two are more rounded teams. It's going to be one hell of a finals series. My smokey would be the Tigers. Only they have the firepower to overcome the other three sides on a given day.

Homerism all the way...

2011 NRL Grand Final: Dragons V Storm

Danny-Boy

Juniors
Hopefully it's a St.Merge Illawarra vs Manly, Broncos, or Melbourne.

Manly will f**k em sideways like 96.
Broncos will f**k them with no resistance like 92,93.
Melbourne will ass rape them in the dying minutes like 99.

HowHigh

Coach

Sounds like you really want to have sex with some dragons players

Tommy Smith

Referee
Dragons to piss it in.

Ive yet to see anything to suggest that they aren't a class above the rest of the competition. They crushed Manly a few weeks back and that was in the midst of Origin.

So barring major injury problems they should go back to back.

stormbati

Bench
I think the team that wants it the most is Melbourne. They have a point to prove. Whether that will drive them to the premiership I dont know but I really hope so.
We all know any team is beatable but any team that finishes outside the top 2 (assuming top 2 win) will have to face very strong opposition.
Brisbane are a finals team! They just have to get there. Manly can bash any team in this comp as can Warriors.
Dragons know what to expect and can pretty much handle anything.

Im hoping Storm finish first to avoid team 2 and 3 and I have a feeling Brisbane and Storm will meet yet again in the finals.

Apey

Staff member
Dragons would be incredibly hard to beat on Grand Final day. If they manage to stay alive until then I think they will win it all.

I hope the Storm win it out of those three though.

adamkungl

Immortal

Any of these scenarios would be lovely.

Go Manly.

If not Manly, then Melbourne for the lolz.

Hutty1986

Immortal
They are overachieving IMO. Sure, they have the three origin player, but thats it (Dane Nielsen is not origin material)
Broncos should win on Fri night

I agree. Melbourne are a great side, but the way the comp is atm, just being solid tends to get sides victories. The Storm aren't as strong personnel-wise as they were when they were cheating and outside of their 'big three' they are more hard workers than anything else.

Being solid has got the job done so far (and spectacularly so), but they were thumped away from home v a contender in the Cowboys and lost at home to another contender in the Warriors. They've pumped some ordinary sides at home but let's see how they go against a full strength, top side-this Friday night will be telling.

Shorty

Staff member
I don't get why people are rating the Warriors? They're rocks or diamonds, there's no way in the world they compete with the likes of the Dragons or Manly.
They flash brilliance but they're another 2 years off imo.
It'll come down to Dragons, Storm or Brisbane, I don't believe Manly will have the intensity to lift another level come finals time and I'd love the Cows to be in it....I don't know we could definitely trouble teams...let's not forget we beat 2 teams out of the top 4, and we beat Melb in convincing fashion.

I think the Dragons will go back to back, which is boring from a neutral stand point, but they deserve it.

firechild

First Grade
People seem to be pretty quick to write off Manly. 10 of their current starting 13 played in the biggest grand final win of all time against a team a million $ over the cap. The 3 players that weren't there are Foran, DCE and whoever ends up in the back row on the day, probably either Gulavao or Rodney. I'd take DCE over Orford and Foran is one of the best 5/8s in the game. They may not have finals experience but Foran has test match experience and DCE has shown no signs of cracking under pressure this year.

I don't think there is much at all between the top 3 and I would probably go with a Dragons v Manly GF. Who wins will come down to a few things. The advantage that the top 3 have is a wealth of finals experience, there are players in all 3 teams who have been all the way through a finals campaign.