What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be 2011 premiers?

Who will be premiers for 2011?

• St George Illawarra

Votes: 75 42.4%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 42 23.7%
  • Manly

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 23 13.0%

• Total voters

Mr Fourex

Bench
Not just that, but the whole 'We'll do it for Locky/ the floods/ Qld spirit' wankfest in the media north of the Tweed would be, as you said, unbearable. And if the Broncos won it, the subsequent 'This proves that Queenslanders OWN sport and are 10000000x better people than anyone on the planet and the magic spirit of the floods did it for us' would be enough to make all but the most brainwashed stay indoors for a couple of weeks.

LOL........:lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Probably because the Storm were the last team to give the Dragons grand final nightmares and would shut up some of their more er..vocal fans.
It'll be interesting to see the game in a few weeks.
I was coming from the angle of why would you want to see cheaters prosper... but each to their own.

KiamaSaint

Coach
TBH - the top 4-5 teams have been consistently strong this year. It would be a travesty IMO if a team outside of the top 5 won it.

jonno_knights

Juniors
I was coming from the angle of why would you want to see cheaters prosper... but each to their own.

I think its more of a case the Dragons won a comp with 15 teams, so to see the legal version of the team they didnt have to beat in the finals beat them this year would post questions to the legitimacy of their maiden premiership last year.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I think its more of a case the Dragons won a comp with 15 teams, so to see the legal version of the team they didnt have to beat in the finals beat them this year would post questions to the legitimacy of their maiden premiership last year.

:lol::lol: The only one questioning its legitimacy is Butters

2010Dragons

Bench
Any team in the top eight after round 26 with the fewiest injuries and have the best form/attitude will be 2011 premiers.

Butters

Bench
:lol::lol: The only one questioning its legitimacy is Butters

Wow, mentioned in threads i haven't even posted in. I must really be getting under your skin.

In relation to the thread topic, Melbourne will win it without a doubt. And here's the proof:

06 - Melbourne robbed by the NRL and refs who are in no way corrupt
07 - Melbourne achieve premiership glory despite the odds stacked against them
08 - Melbourne robbed by the NRL and judiciary who are in no way corrupt
09 - Melbourne achieve premiership glory despite the odds stacked against them
10 - Melbourne are gutted and banned from competing by the NRL who are in no way corrupt
11 - I think i see a pattern emerging...

:cool:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
06 - Melbourne robbed by the NRL and refs who are in no way corrupt
lolWut? Can't handle being beaten by a better team on the day?
07 - Melbourne achieve premiership glory despite the odds stacked against them
lolWut? Cheats.
08 - Melbourne robbed by the NRL and judiciary who are in no way corrupt
09 - Melbourne achieve premiership glory despite the odds stacked against them
lolWut? Cheats.
10 - Melbourne are gutted and banned from competing by the NRL who are in no way corrupt
lolWut? Can't handle being beaten by every other team in the comp?
11 - I think i see a pattern emerging...
So do I.

Melbourne premierships since 2000? Zero.

Glen

Bench
Dragons are clear favourite for mine. The way they crushed Manly a couple of weeks ago was a pretty big statement.

Melbourne despite being on top are not quite as great as they appear IMO. It's more a testament to how well-drilled they are (and the flow-on effect of their cheating) that they keep winning games, but they will be overcome in the big games.

Manly will give it a good shake and may make the GF again, but won't beat the Dragons.

Broncos are a chance. Their young players have a lot of first grade experience and Lockyer is class. They make lack the 'big game' experience though.

Cowboys rely on Thurston too heavily andhim missing some weeks won't help.

Warriors inconsistent and carry too many ordinary players

The rest are shit

woodyk2

First Grade
I think it would be hilarious if Rick Stone took the Knights all the way for obvious reasons.

Its really impossible to even say who can win because it really depends on how the semi final draw pans out and which side of the draw teams fall on...it can be sometimes impossible for the best teams you think can win to even reach the GF ..but!..no one goes back to back

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Dragons are clear favourite for mine. The way they crushed Manly a couple of weeks ago was a pretty big statement.

Melbourne despite being on top are not quite as great as they appear IMO. It's more a testament to how well-drilled they are (and the flow-on effect of their cheating) that they keep winning games, but they will be overcome in the big games.

Manly will give it a good shake and may make the GF again, but won't beat the Dragons.

Broncos are a chance. Their young players have a lot of first grade experience and Lockyer is class. They make lack the 'big game' experience though.

Cowboys rely on Thurston too heavily andhim missing some weeks won't help.

Warriors inconsistent and carry too many ordinary players

The rest are shit

You're a wise man. If I had a twin, I'd want him to be you, Glen.

Bless you.

LESStar58

Referee
Melbourne have the personnel to win the whole thing but I'll be more confident of our chances after we play Saints and Manly in rounds 24 and 25. Friday night will be a good test as well.

mongoose

Coach
I don't think we are really doing any better than the Cowboys. So really should be the top 5 > the rest.

I thought about including the cowboys in the poll but with Thurston out for several weeks they could still miss out on even making the finals. They have a strong pack though and with Thurston and Bowen firing they are certainly a chance of a maiden premiership.

I think that top 4 will remain that way until the finals. Broncos are the only side I could see having a bad run and maybe coming 5th-7th, only due to having so many inexperienced players who are not yet used to playing consistently over a long season.

Butters

Bench

lolWut? Cheats.

lolWut? Cheats.

lolWut? Can't handle being beaten by every other team in the comp?

So do I.

Melbourne premierships since 2000? Zero.

What a painfully stupid post...

Latest posts