What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be 2011 premiers?

Who will be premiers for 2011?

• St George Illawarra

Votes: 75 42.4%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 42 23.7%
  • Manly

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 23 13.0%

• Total voters

Tommy Smith

Referee
I don't get why people are rating the Warriors? They're rocks or diamonds, there's no way in the world they compete with the likes of the Dragons or Manly.
They flash brilliance but they're another 2 years off imo.
It'll come down to Dragons, Storm or Brisbane, I don't believe Manly will have the intensity to lift another level come finals time and I'd love the Cows to be in it....I don't know we could definitely trouble teams...let's not forget we beat 2 teams out of the top 4, and we beat Melb in convincing fashion.

I think the Dragons will go back to back, which is boring from a neutral stand point, but they deserve it.
Absolutely.

Im in awe and absolute appreciation of them as a footy team. Largely because i follow a team of 'tards that lack the professionalism to turn up and play to the best of their ability each and every week. Which is a cardinal sin in football.

The Dragons on the other hand get the most out of their ability and play to their potential each and every week. And whilst they're not always beautiful to watch in attack i am in awe of the way they defend. I get as much enjoyment out of watching the Dragons defend back-to back-to back sets of six so clinically as i do out of some exhilirating attacking play from Benji or Billy Slater.

And again, that's because my team are a bunch of gutless 'tards this year with no excuse.

So good on the Dragons. They deserve to win consecutive Premierships...

firechild

First Grade
Absolutely.

Im in awe and absolute appreciation of them as a footy team. Largely because i follow a team of 'tards that lack the professionalism to turn up and play to the best of their ability each and every week. Which is a cardinal sin in football.

The Dragons on the other hand get the most out of their ability and play to their potential each and every week. And whilst they're not always beautiful to watch in attack i am in awe of the way they defend. I get as much enjoyment out of watching the Dragons defend back-to back-to back sets of six so clinically as i do out of some exhilirating attacking play from Benji or Billy Slater.

And again, that's because my team are a bunch of gutless 'tards this year with no excuse.

So good on the Dragons. They deserve to win consecutive Premierships...

Really? Every week? Even when they crumbled against the Sharks and Eels? Even notwhitstanding the losses due to origin depletion against Newcastle and the Titans, they certainyl don't play their best every week. Most weeks, yes, but then the same could be said about all the teams at the top end of the table, especially those that are above the dragons.

Knightmare

Coach
Would love to see a Dragons v Cowboys GF. Dragons v Manly or the Storm would be good as well, provided St George won.

A Melbourne v Broncos GF would be vomit-worthy for anybody who didn't support either team.

counterpuncher

Juniors
I can enjoy most games as a neutral, but if the Dragons missed out and I had to see another Storm/Broncos GF, I would struggle big time to maintain any interest.

Not to mention trying to get rid of the tix on ebay. That was a massive ask last time.

Danish

Referee
Cant see anyone but Melbourne winning it this year. They just look to be doing it easy, and have a hell of a point to prove come finals time. Slater, Cronk and Smith will kick it into a gear that the other top 4 sides just don't have.

Can't wait for the saints vs storm game in a few weeks. Going to be an absolute belter.

Danish

Referee
I also hope and pray the broncos don't make the GF....

The combined media circle jerk about Lockyer would be unbearable.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Canterbury to become the first side to change coaches mid-season and win the premiership.

Knightmare

Coach
I also hope and pray the broncos don't make the GF....

The combined media circle jerk about Lockyer would be unbearable.

Not just that, but the whole 'We'll do it for Locky/ the floods/ Qld spirit' wankfest in the media north of the Tweed would be, as you said, unbearable. And if the Broncos won it, the subsequent 'This proves that Queenslanders OWN sport and are 10000000x better people than anyone on the planet and the magic spirit of the floods did it for us' would be enough to make all but the most brainwashed stay indoors for a couple of weeks.

On saying that, the thought of Cam 'Two contracts' Smith, Billy 'The bitch' Slater and the rest of that lot beaming with their Premiership medals and thinking their whining about being stripped of their other Premierships because "Ohhhhh come on we worked really really really hard for them!" was somehow justified would see thousands of League fans projectile vomiting at their TV screens.

Hopefully Saints and the Cowboys will put both those nightmares to bed pretty quickly...

Matt23

Staff member
On saying that, the thought of Cam 'Two contracts' Smith, Billy 'The bitch' Slater and the rest of that lot beaming with their Premiership medals and thinking their whining about being stripped of their other Premierships because "Ohhhhh come on we worked really really really hard for them!" was somehow justified would see thousands of League fans projectile vomiting at their TV screens.

Hopefully Saints and the Cowboys will put both those nightmares to bed pretty quickly...
I can handle the Bronco's winning, and Lockyer going out a winner...however I wouldn't lose sleep if they/he didn't...don't want the Storm anyone near it, for the reasons you just mentioned, oh and Butters and friends would be 1000x worse then they already are if the
Storm won it.

Matt23

Staff member
Prefences:
Cows
Dragons
Manly
Brisbane
Daylight
More Daylight
Melbourne

Apey

Staff member
I would find Storm smashing Dragons in the GF to be absolutely hilarious.

Personally, I can't see it happening, but I can dream. :pray:

eozsmiles

Bench
Dragons have a lap on the field right now.
Storm and Manly the two main dangers but Manly's halves have less than 50 games between them and Melbourne are a twisted ankle away from oblivion.
The Cowboys and Broncos finish 4/5 assuming they don't implode and both have to win 4 straight to win the comp.
Tigers are the wild card but need to get their arse in gear. If they find some form running into the semis I wouldn't want to play them in week 1.

Dragons V Storm

Shorty

Staff member
Probably because the Storm were the last team to give the Dragons grand final nightmares and would shut up some of their more er..vocal fans.
It'll be interesting to see the game in a few weeks.

Latest posts