What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be 2011 premiers?

Who will be premiers for 2011?

• St George Illawarra

Votes: 75 42.4%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 42 23.7%
  • Manly

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 23 13.0%

• Total voters

ceagle

Bench
It is a toss up imo. Steelers, Melbourne, Manly who ever is in the best form and less injuries at the time will win it. Didn't count Brisbane because I don't think they will win away from Suncorp.

_Johnsy

Referee
Brisbane won't make it. The GF will only come from 3 sides.

Dragons, Manly, Melbourne.

thorson1987

Coach
Melbourne have the personnel to win the whole thing but I'll be more confident of our chances after we play Saints and Manly in rounds 24 and 25. Friday night will be a good test as well.

This.

And BTW can the mods give Butters his own thread in TFC and keep him out of here?????

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: Even Butters' own fellow fans can't stand him.

Did the Salary Cap scandal turn you into a frothing-at-the-mouth, dyed-in-the-wool moron or have you always been a dope?

RHCP

Bench
I think Brisbane will take it out. Plenty will discount them because of the youthfulness of their backline but they are playing beyond their years and have plenty of experience for their age.

Plenty of strike power all across the park as well as a great defensive steel which I think should serve them well come September. Hoffman, Yow Yeh, Hodges and Reed offer a lot of strike out wide along with Thaiday, Gillett and Te'o if he gets back on the park in the pack. And I haven't even mentioned Lockyer, Hannant or Parker yet.

Plus, even if the Cowboys make it just as deep, they'll probably have the support of almost the entire state.

bottle

Coach
Butters is 100% correct re a pattern
2006 - Melbourne cheats and denies a legitimate team a chance to compete in the GF
2007 - Melbourne cheats and wins a comp
2008 - Melbourne cheats and denies a legitimate team a chance to compete in the GF
2009 - Melbourne cheats and wins a comp
2010 - Melbourne cheats, gets caught and finally a legitimate GF is played between two legitimate teams for the first time in 5 years
So clearly, once I apply my tin foil hat and Butters logic, if Melbourne make the GF they must be cheats. The patterns support this. If Melbourne don't make it, they aren't cheating.
It's simple really.

Apey

Staff member

several reasons I guess.

1. I don't think the Knights are legitimate chance at the premiership, so, depending on the make-up of the top 8, I will be on the Storm bandwagon. I wonder which one you will be on. :sarcasm:

2. I like the Storm just because they piss a lot of people off on these boards. Not only do they piss people off in general, but they seem to particularly piss off Dragons' fans. This is a fantastic quality. I assume their hate basically stems from 1999 and the Storm's constant ownership of the Dragons since then. The latter should really be a non-issue now though since the whole cheating thing makes the Storm's recent record against the Dragons irrelevant. Still, I think some of their fans are still quite upset by it.

I would love to read their reactions on here if the Storm won the big one, again (yeah, it doesn't count as a premiership due to the cheating, but they did "win" as such at the time, and I enjoyed the reactions then). I'd like to see everyone's reactions actually. Oh the inevitable lols :lol:

3. Back-to-back premiers, zzz.

Raul_Pato

Juniors
While I do think that the Dragons will win it, we gave Manly a reality check a couple of weeks ago and I think the Storm will struggle in the intensity of finals.

I don't believe that its cut and dried that the GF will be out of those three only. A team such as the Tigers, Warriors can get on a bit of a run leading into the finals and then anything can happen. Just look at the Roosters last season. They need to start making their run pretty soon though.

Snappy

Coach
This arvo this thread was actually a good normal discussion for once, and then came in the trolls as usual and turned it to shit.

When JT is back come finals time I think the Cowboys give the finals a good shake they already beat Storm, Broncos & Manly this season yet there still flying under the radar. I'm confident the Cows will ride the injury wave and come finals time be full strength.

LatK7

First Grade
I think it will be Saints vs. Melbourne.

I honestly don't know who will win. I hope Saints.

Can't see Manly or Brisbane making it to the big one, but it's a funny game, Rugby League.

Big Pete

Referee
Big test for Brisbane on Friday. The club has just started getting some strike power back and it will be interesting to see if they can lift for easily their biggest match of the season.

Latest posts