What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why can't rugby league get a crowd like that???

Sterling

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Well, if you weren't kidding, you're an imbecile.

I think he gave you the benefit of the doubt.

But I had no doubt.

i have no doubt your the biggest fuc*head on these forums though ... and many many on here agree ....

Loser

Red Bear

Referee
I'd doubt Soccer jerseys outsell the league ones, but if they do its probly cause they are about 20 bucks as opposed to the cheapest league jersey which is 60 or so.

Atmosphere at Telstra generally is f**ked, however i have never experienced anything like the noise at either the ANZAC day game but especially the dragons/tigers semi at Aussie. Ausssie stadium is the best sporting stadium in Australia and, when league is on it is an electric atmosphere

Sterling said:
i have no doubt your the biggest fuc*head on these forums though ... and many many on here agree ....

Loser

Grow some balls you weak-kneed, sans-knackers, melon raping womble molester.

See you in another six months mate. :thumb

Sterling

Juniors
Grow some balls you weak-kneed, sans-knackers, melon raping womble molester.

See you in another six months mate. :thumb

you just proved my point .... how am i not suprised ....

16000 posts? how lame...especially when they are all full of whats in your head ... ie. CRAP

Raider Ultra

Bench
TinghaExpress said:
Soccer fans only chant out of boredom
What a ridiculous, ignorant post. Every single person there last night was chanting their hearts out to get our boys over the line, I don't think a single person there was 'bored'. Keep burinyg your head in the sand and enjoy the crap atmosphere that is prevalent at most Australian grounds.

number8

Juniors
Long live Rugby League. You can keep your soccer, it's made little impression on me. I can see why lots of people do like it but it's not for me.

Sterling said:
you just proved my point .... how am i not suprised ....

16000 posts? how lame...especially when they are all full of whats in your head ... ie. CRAP

Are you still pissed off that I ruined your rep at TFS?

LOL

Dude, you've been stalking me for 3 or 4 years now, you poke your head in once every now and then when you're feeling a bit brave but you always end up taking off like a bitch. Either f**k off or pull those lace panties down and let uncle EA give you a good hard reaming.

You had nothing then and you've got nothing now.

The Dodger

First Grade
to both EA and sterling, grow some brains and stick to the thread.

no one gives a toss about who is stalking who...

if uz like, uz can make a thread about yourselves where only dumb b*stardards can go and relieve some tension and frustration.

eelandia

Juniors
sooperdooper said:
so you judge a game on how passionate it is on if people play with injuries?

these guys who played last night are world class athletes. som who play up to 50 or matches a year! plus training.

it being bigger does not make it more passionate? but how many sports in this world can have a genuine world cup? you could show a soccer ball to any kid in the world and they know what it represents, could you do that with a rugby league ball?

i think it is more passionate, due to the history, country representation, quality. and the diverse ethnic communities who live for the game, how many people in this forum say they live only for rugby league. doe our country revolve around league? do we depend on our teams to perform to live?

other countries do

The biggest problem for big soccer fans like you Superdooper is that many of us Aussies cringe at the antics of soccer players when trying to get a penalty. It occurred on both sides last night and it certainly was difficult to have respect for the players in that sense + many penalties actually benefited the offending team through slowing down the play and allowing their troops to get back in position. I think those issues are a concern if you want to take fans off other codes.

Loved watching the game cause it was an event but it would never get me as passionate as what my league side does. I hope soccer kicks ahead to finally dilute the unwarranted exposure the wallabies get but I don't see it as competing with League or AFL, in this generation at least.

To me soccer is a passing interest I have, but I've got to say that Wednesday nights victory by Australia had me as passionate as I have ever been at any event.

Like many in this thread, I don't believe Soccer will be a major threat to the likes of league, but I disagree with the bagging by some that its a boring game, low scoring etc etc. That's just plain ignorant.

Soccer has completely different skills to league, and so comparisons on this are irrational. Like any sport, it can be boring at times. Saying soccer is boring is just a generalised opinion from ignorant sources. Would 4 billion people or more around the world like a boring sport?? No. But they passionately follow their sides like it is life & death.

In australia, he overwhelming majority of us have never followed a soccer side. The debacle that was the NSL was very divise and not conducive to wholesale interest in the game. Whether the A League takes off or not is yet to be decided either. But even if it does do you seriously think thousands of fans will stop following the bulldogs, eels, rabbits etc???

When watching a game of footy when your side's not playing it loses passion for the fan. You can appreciate it, or think its boring, but when your side is involved it winning is everything and you get completely absorbed.

Wednesday night gave all australians a soccer side to follow, and with the high stakes that were involved many people who wouldn't even know the shape of a soccerball threw on the green & gold and yelled til they were hoarse. I was at my local and any time we were advancing with possession the crowd were yelling and carrying on as loud as we could. It was unbelievable.

As is the case with any sport, when you have a vested interest in one of the sides anything can become interesting. Look at Olympic sports such as beach volleyball etc - if we're playing for a gold medal more likely than not we'd all be cheering as hard as we could.

Good luck to the socceroos and I'll be ranting and raving and carrying on when we play for the World Cup next June, can't wait. I also can't wait for season 2006 when the mighty dragons grace the paddock against 14 other sides for the premiership.

It doesn't have to be one or the other. Support your country when it needs you, don't be a sourpuss.

Steelers4eva

Juniors
Well said BBJF. A true sports lover and patriot. I don't really understand all the non-sense rolling all over the ground and racial turmoil that goes on with soccer but I would cheer a green and gold fly crawling up the wall.

Sterling

Juniors
Are you still pissed off that I ruined your rep at TFS?

LOL

Dude, you've been stalking me for 3 or 4 years now, you poke your head in once every now and then when you're feeling a bit brave but you always end up taking off like a bitch. Either f**k off or pull those lace panties down and let uncle EA give you a good hard reaming.

You had nothing then and you've got nothing now.

Proved my point once again ..... your a tosser of the highest proportions ....

now keep posting away dick*ead ..... your going to get arthritis in your fingers soon you knob .. whats going to happen then? .. cant post no more ?..oh no ! that means your life would be over now wont it:shock:

Sterling said:
Proved my point once again ..... your a tosser of the highest proportions ....

now keep posting away dick*ead ..... your going to get arthritis in your fingers soon you knob .. whats going to happen then? .. cant post no more ?..oh no ! that means your life would be over now wont it:shock:

awwww

Would you like a hug mate?

Latest posts