What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why LOL@SOuffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I have one as well mr Angry

Lets rewind to 2010, 50uff$ big signing Taylor came out and proclaimed they had the best forward pack in the NRL, his comments were also supported by Burgess - Asotasi et al.

Fast forward to Round 26, 50uff$ play the mighty dragons. 50uff$ constantly talked themselves up during the week, as they were now full strength. If 50uff$ win they qualify for the finals for the first time in over a millenium. As a mark of respect to 50uff$ the dragons decide to rest 7 starting players, inclusive of both halves & hooker (as a result Cpt & vice Cpt sat out).

We had the good grace to do all but forfeit to 50uff$, and the useless merkins were thrashed.

LOL @ 50uff$

We played like crap that night, but point of order before this story blows out to Saints putting out their Toyota Cup team.
This was their team that night:

1. Darius Boyd
2. Brett Morris
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jason Nightingale
19. Kyle Stanley
14. Nathan Fien
8. Neville Costigan
21. Luke Priddis
10. Michael Weyman
11. Beau Scott
12. Ben Creagh
16. Matt Prior
17. Jarrod Saffy
18. Nick Emmett
20. Jon Green
24. Cameron King

Those missing from the GF side a few weeks later:

• Jamie Soward
  • Ben Hornby
  • Dean Young
  • Jeremy Smith
  • Trent Merrin
In terms of us being full strength, well these regulars where all out:

• John Sutton
  • Beau Champion
  • Scott Geddes
  • Luke Stuart

Eels Dude

Coach
What do you mean by that? You referring to the Crowe privitisation?

They used to stand up for the game's heritage, being the battler club everyone had a soft spot for. Now they are just greedy and monopolising, despite not having any on field success whatsoever. They have become what they fought against, and become what they never said they would be.

So yeah... and LOL@50uff$

Spanner in the works

First Grade
I marched for them, twice. I wont be doing the same again. If the club is stupid enough to allow itself to fall in a heap again, they dont deserve to be in the comp. Plus they have changed from what made them a great club.

This.

No one likes them because every year it's the same bloody story. See Dragon Dave's post at 2:27pm yesterday.

Last edited:

God-King Dean

Immortal
They used to stand up for the game's heritage, being the battler club everyone had a soft spot for. Now they are just greedy and monopolising, despite not having any on field success whatsoever. They have become what they fought against, and become what they never said they would be.

" We don't play chequebook Rugby League. "
-Ru$$el Crowe.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
" We don't play chequebook Rugby League. "
-Ru$$el Crowe.
:lol:

Armani suits, buying the best players around etc etc.... Nope. Not chequebook rugby league. They are like the Transit Lounge and the Silvertails rolled into one, but can only play as well as the Sharks have done over recent years, with a socio-economic fanbase that wouldn't look out of place in Monty Python and the Holy Grail's scene with the peasants digging on the ground, except not as smart. Bizarre.... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xd_zkMEgkI

_Johnsy

Referee
No-one mentioned a toyota cup team.

Dan Hunt wasn't missing. Interesting. Does not change the fact we had 6 of our starting 17 players of 2010 on the sidleines that night. I thought we had 7 out, apologies.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
No-one mentioned a toyota cup team.

Dan Hunt wasn't missing. Interesting. Does not change the fact we had 6 of our starting 17 players of 2010 on the sidleines that night. I thought we had 7 out, apologies.

No apologies required, I was only making a point of order.

Back on topic, go for your life......

Ribs

Bench
Souths are like a 60 year old fat chick that arrogantly struts around thinking she's great because she was hot when she was 20. Unfortunately the version these days is a very unattractive foul smelling pig that you wouldnt touch after 50 beers.

The faster the 2011 version drops the arrogant attitude and realises there's a lot of work to be done to be an attractive proposition for anyone, the better it will be.

Maybe then players and coaches will take notice.

undertaker

Coach

Since Crowe took over, Souths have only made the finals once (in 2007). How come, despite all the money they've got since then, haven't they achieved more on the field in the last 5 years?

_snafu_

Immortal
We played like crap that night, but point of order before this story blows out to Saints putting out their Toyota Cup team.
This was their team that night:

1. Darius Boyd
2. Brett Morris
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jason Nightingale
19. Kyle Stanley
14. Nathan Fien
8. Neville Costigan
21. Luke Priddis
10. Michael Weyman
11. Beau Scott
12. Ben Creagh
16. Matt Prior
17. Jarrod Saffy
18. Nick Emmett
20. Jon Green
24. Cameron King

Those missing from the GF side a few weeks later:

• Jamie Soward
  • Ben Hornby
  • Dean Young
  • Jeremy Smith
  • Trent Merrin
In terms of us being full strength, well these regulars where all out:

• John Sutton
  • Beau Champion
  • Scott Geddes
  • Luke Stuart

Having Sutton out would have assisted your cause.

Eels Dude

Coach
Since Crowe took over, Souths have only made the finals once (in 2007). How come, despite all the money they've got since then, haven't they achieved more on the field in the last 5 years?

That's a very good question. They have a team that SHOULD be making the finals regularly but they just appear to have a losing culture that they just cannot get rid of for whatever reason.

I don't think Souths fans mind, success for them is just being in contention for the top 8 come end of season... which is a massive improvement on finishing last or second last every year like they continually did the early part of the 2000's. So I don't really blame their fans for being ecstatic when they finish 10th.

A lot of Souths fans don't even care about their team winning games. They get more pleasure out of wandering around boasting about their recruitment of Greg Inglis... or boasting about more members they have. I guess that's only natural though because they don't often get the chance to boast about winning games.

Last edited:

cupid

Juniors
The spelling of "Souffs" highlights the lack of intellectual ability of the South Sydney community

undertaker

Coach
That's a very good question. They have a team that SHOULD be making the finals regularly but they just appear to have a losing culture that they just cannot get rid of for whatever reason.

I don't think Souths fans mind, success for them is just being in contention for the top 8 come end of season... which is a massive improvement on finishing last or second last every year like they continually did the early part of the 2000's. So I don't really blame their fans for being ecstatic when they finish 10th.

A lot of Souths fans don't even care about their team winning games. They get more pleasure out of wandering around boasting about their recruitment of Greg Inglis... or boasting about more members they have. I guess that's only natural though because they don't often get the chance to boast about winning games.

So, given that you state that Souths have a losing culture (which I do agree with), would you play there if they offered you $500,000/season, or would you prefer to play for a team like the Storm for $350,000/season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts