What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woolford Not Wanted!

borat

Bench
Steel Dragon said:
Woolford is a F**k nut.
But seriously - the reason we lack grunt is our injured list - look at the quality forwards we have sidelined.
In a few more weeks theyll all be back and more importantly - so will the mighty Dragons!

You seriously beleive that? I would say apart from Bailey who of course is leaving and Corey Payne we don't really have and tough rugged style of players. IMO Sims, Poore & Henderson are as weak as p*ss when it comes to the tough stuff. We have alot of ball players for sure but not many yard makers/tough tacklers. As long as the contract is relatively small, which it should be considering he was unwanted by canberra, and it is heavily weighted on payment per games played I have no problem. Our backrow and bench looks far far better with Young at second row, I mean he is not a real hooker and doesn't seem to like playing there. So rather than get into a bidding war trying to buy say Pritchard, we have an excellent second rower in Young who only needs to shift.

Southernsaint

Staff member
I can't see why we'd want or need him.

In any case, if we were to pick up a hooker from Canberra (not Fyshwick!!), we should bring Lincoln Withers back...

parra pete

Referee
See my post in NRL forum- rumour signings on May 6..It will be spot on.

06-05-2006, 11:25 PM
parra pete
Juniors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutty1986
Maybe Parra should sign him, then he can be another example of a w*nker at the eels

His signing with St George is closer than you think. He is a fierce competitor. I would love him to be at the Eels make no mistake about that

parra pete

Referee
See RLW article today May 24....18 days after I broke the news on the NRL forum
He is a good player who will give your Club great value. I wished he was at the Eels.. You cannot coach players the enthusiasm he displays EVERY time he plays..

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: parra pete has been floggin himself for days over this one... pete i hate to be the one to tell you this, but you wernt the only one with this inside goss, i had the same thing told to me by 5 odd canberrians, all before you posted it

parra pete

Referee
Raider_69 said:
:lol: parra pete has been floggin himself for days over this one... pete i hate to be the one to tell you this, but you wernt the only one with this inside goss, i had the same thing told to me by 5 odd canberrians, all before you posted it

I thought ALL canberrians were odd.!!!! :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: ok ill pay that'
im born and breed penwiff westie, so pretty much everyone is odd to me

Nugby

Juniors
Bloody hell, I've had several SMSs saying it's a cert but no proof as yet. I'm just not sure anymore that I don't want him. We could use a good hooker and if we could turn our last Canberra reject, Kite, into an Origin player, who knows. Then again, we won Origin and I'm pissed! :D

parra pete

Referee
parra pete said:
See my post in NRL forum- rumour signings on May 6..It will be spot on.

06-05-2006, 11:25 PM
parra pete
Juniors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutty1986
Maybe Parra should sign him, then he can be another example of a w*nker at the eels

His signing with St George is closer than you think. He is a fierce competitor. I would love him to be at the Eels make no mistake about that

See 'Bec and Buzz' in Sunday Telegraph today...They are just a little late at breaking the 'exclusives'.....

Tim Brasher

Juniors
I cant understand this logic by Dragons Management....I believe Dean Young is a better lock or Second rower than a Hooker, but you still have Aaron Gorell and George Ndaira who is one of the best hooking prospects running around on the books....

Austin

Juniors
Woolford is a very good player, there is no doubt there, but he is a big mouth and a trouble maker, he will cause to much trouble for the Saints and we don't wnat him.

And Dean Young is a very very good hooker!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You forgot to say, 'you heard it here first'.

Once again, if he puts a sock in it and is playing for next to nicks, he might work in well. He's experience would be good for the young fellas in reserve grade.

Steel Dragon

Bench
parra pete said:
Woolford will sign tonight or tomorrow...

Well "tonight" came and went and "tomorrow" is now yesterday and still no news.

The promising thing is that no news is good news - and hopefully there was a deadline that came and went and Woolford missed out on joining the 2006 premiers.

Oh and Petey - You heard that here, not for the first time - and certainly not for the last time! :cool: