What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst ground in the NRL to attend.... BROOKVALE!!!! LOL

Worst ground in the NRL...

• Total voters

lockyno1

Post Whore
Dodger said:
On what grounds is Telstra horrible? I've only had one bad viewing experience and that was because I was stuck on the sideline behind a cameraman.

Too far away from the action, I just do not like it full stop.

Glenn

First Grade
Shark Park, hill over run by teenage shire bogans who think it is "cool" to drink alcohol and generally make a nuisance of themselves on the hill, and don't dare tell them off or you will be told off by some parent.
Also only ground that I have been to that doesn't have concessions for Students.

McLovin

Staff member
I would have said Sharks Park but im a biased f**k. Copped a $180 fine for parking on the street along with about 1,000 others who i'm sure copped the same treatment. It's great for day games but f**k me, winter time on a Saturday night. Better make sure you bring firewood to the match...

kooriguy

Juniors
shark park is the worst ground i have ever been to, not to mention someone sideswiped my car while it was parked and drove off just put the icing on the cake.

ByRd

First Grade
Telstra, no heart or atmosphere in the place, and i go there every week lol i hate it.

chileman

Coach
Can everyone please vote Brrokvale, and then at the end of the poll can this be sent to the State gov so they can give us some dam $$$$ for upgrades :crazy:
Oh I picked Suncorp.....cause there are to many QLD'ers there :p

MattJ

Juniors
its a toss up between manly and cronulla, possibly manly because the ground announcer was really annoying last week.
Actually, at least manly have the brookvale hotel only a couple of mins away, and that makes up for the announcer, so i'll say cronulla.

ozbash

Referee
Mt Smart is the pits, stuck away from anywhere in an industrial area, no public transport, the grandstands are bloody cold wet places to be if the weathers a bit on the crappy side.

we should have our games at nth harbour stadium until they redevelope Carlaw Park, THE HOME OF RUGBY LEAGUE.

I've always hated going to Parra, espcially now as the hills are gone. What with the piped chants of "pawwa", the inbread Parra fans still living on past glories and the thought of my money going to uncle Dennis' pocket...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Any ground where the chant has to be contrived by the PA system is pathetic.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
chileman said:
Can everyone please vote Brrokvale, and then at the end of the poll can this be sent to the State gov so they can give us some dam $$$$ for upgrades :crazy:
Oh I picked Suncorp.....cause there are to many QLD'ers there :p

Same. Except I was thinking it's full of Broncos fans.

Henson Park Hornets said:
I've always hated going to Parra, espcially now as the hills are gone. What with the piped chants of "pawwa", the inbread Parra fans still living on past glories and the thought of my money going to uncle Dennis' pocket...

What a lovely message to send to Eels fans when your club is so desperately trying to get us to come out to Henson this weekend to "Beat the Crowd" and continue to prop the club up financially.

Past glories... The irony of that coming from a Newtown fan... :lol:

chiana

Juniors
Munky said:
Shark Park.

A bitch to get to (not to mention the bus driver nearly killing us both times I've been there.)

A mound which poses as a hill, also Penrith lost both times I've been there.

WIN Stadium is pretty bad, for a $30 seat I had zero leg room and was in pain for the trip home because of it.

The bus driver needs to try harder.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Parra Stadium:

- Piped in chants
- Until recently there was no GA seating
- advertising hordings blocking the scoreboards

Telstra:

- Needs to have 40,000 to generate one iota of atmosphere
- GA seats are miles from the action
- Olympic Sprint train service is diabolical

Shark Park:

- Elevation on Hills is pathetic
- Ground announcer never shuts up (Penrith is catching up in this regard)
- Hill-billy locals

Timmah

Staff member
cumberlandashes... something tells me he's jealous of the PL final last year :sarcasm:

Parra Guru

Coach
Southernsaint said:
Parra Stadium:

- Piped in chants
- Until recently there was no GA seating
- advertising hordings blocking the scoreboards

How so? Before the seats, we had a hill that was GA. What's actually that bad about that? I understand your other two gripes.

I voted Energy Australia just ahead of Telstra, but I didn't notice Leichhardt on the list, so I would have voted Leichhardt.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Telstra is a soul-less dive. Even last Wednesday with 78K there was still no atmosphere. I'm counting the days until we leave the joint.

Brookvale is a nightmare in every department. The sooner they burn it down the better, preferably with the Manly fans still in there.

yobbo84

Coach
Brookvale is a slum. I'd rather visit Vietnam unvaccinated than go there. Less chance of catching something.

P.S. Shark Park is pretty crap too, who the f**k has powerlines in the middle of the seating area?!

Timmah

Staff member
Whingers paradise... Problems with grounds:

Suncorp:
- Haven't attended

Telstra:
- atmosphere
- GA is far away

Canberra:
- Haven't attended

Shark Park:
- Location, Team, Ferals & teenyboppers
- How cheap... leagues club and grandstand are the same building
- Parking facilities
- Swamp, Power lines
- elevation on hill

Gold Coast Stadium:
- Haven't attended

Brookvale:
- Toilet facilities are that of the third world... possibly worse.
- Hill when raining turns to mud
- Feral fans
- Difficult parking

Olympic Park:
- Never attended, heard horrible reports though.

EAS:
- Grannies whinging
- Ferals baiting people
- Ground announcer incessant

Dairy Farmers:
- Never attended

Mt Smart:
- Never attended

Parra Stadium:
- Piped in chants
- advertising boards blocking the scoreboard & big screen
- fenced in sections, can't roam ground