What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst ground in the NRL to attend.... BROOKVALE!!!! LOL

Worst ground in the NRL...

• Total voters
Dodger said:
cumberlandashes... something tells me he's jealous of the PL final last year :sarcasm:

I just hope he's surrounded by us "Inbred Parra fans" at Henson on Saturday afternoon... :D Lucky for him and his club we're bringing our dollars with us...

Parra Guru

Coach
Leichhardt: Feral, doesn't help that I have had sh*t stolen from me twice there

EAS: Feral, even the old people there are rude & inappropriate

Telstra: No atmosphere, too far away from the action

Penrith: The ground announcer and the growl chant for everything. GA offers great seating options though if u get there early enough

Brookvale: Hard to access and a lot of the fans are just f*cking bogans. Ground Announcer is a dick too

Canberra: Too cold! Otherwise pretty good!

Parra: Awesome viewing, the tape is embarrassing

Campbelltown: Only been there once, and enjoyed it

OKI: Great atmosphere, sometimes a little cramped though

WIN: Too cold to attend night matches on the hill :lol: Otherwise pretty good

Suncorp: Great, except some parts are a little far away

Aussie: Great Stadium, should move more big matches back to there!

Never Been to: Mt Smart, Melbourne, Dairy Farmers, Toyota Park, Carrara

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:shock:

sh*t Dodge, I thought you had attended way more grounds than that :crazy:

Oh and EAS ground announcer FTW!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Only ones I haven't been to in the Sydney basin are Cambo and Leichhardt.

Outside that I'm only missing WIN, Suncorp, DFS, Olympic and Mt Smart... all well outside the region.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Gotta say I'm pretty shocked OP in Melbourne has no votes... :crazy:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
They're all midgets down in Melbourne, so the 30cm leg room doesn't hurt them :crazy:

Southernsaint

Staff member
Parra Guru said:
How so? Before the seats, we had a hill that was GA. What's actually that bad about that? I understand your other two gripes.

I voted Energy Australia just ahead of Telstra, but I didn't notice Leichhardt on the list, so I would have voted Leichhardt.

What I mean is that before the seats, the Hill was fine. Then they put the seating in and it was all allocated. People were rocking up 2 minutes before kick-off in their Parra gear demanding to sit right in the middle of where most of The Army had gathered (most of whom were in their allocated seating). The clowns get security and it just starts a massive chain reaction of hassle even though there are seats free in the next Bay - ironically in a better position.

The cheapest category in every ground should be GA.

Worst grounds are

campbelltown - you would expect something far better for the 20 million spent on it and surrounds

brookvale - for silvertales the ground is very very very poor

leichhardt - be better of selling it to developers

win - okay for a small town ground but not a supposed city

In reality the only decent ground is the football stadium - although it needs a closing roof and a bit of modernising and extending

Southernsaint

Staff member
Dodger said:
Only ones I haven't been to in the Sydney basin are Cambo and Leichhardt.

Outside that I'm only missing WIN, Suncorp, DFS, Olympic and Mt Smart... all well outside the region.

The only ones I am missing are:

Dairy Farmers
Mt. Smart
Crumbletown
Carrara (we played the Tits at Sandcorp).

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Actually, Dodge, my vote goes to Olympic Park. Absolute sh*thole :fist:

Btw, I bet you've never been there have you

jc155776

Coach
Carrara is by far the worst football ground I have ever attended.

Transport was very terrible. We struggled to get a bus from Surfers to the game and then it stopped every 2 minutes and took about an hour, eventually dropping us off in the middle of the main road and having to dodge through traffic.

Food was pricy and so was beer, at least a dollar a beer more than Dairy Farmers. Ran out of chips too and beer trays!

The GA is pathetic concrete/gravel mound that is miles away from the action, its meant to be for AFL. Weather was windy as hell as its so exposed.

Cambo: I actually thought the ground, atmosphere and hill to be excellent for a suburban ground. Prices were great with student discounts. Although it is in Lemeuh the transport there is excellent. Takes ages to get out though as there are not enough exits.

Suncorp: Ultimate football viewing experience. A little pricy but excellent viewing from everywhere (sat in a different place all four times). Transport is first class with buses, trains or walking distance from the City.

Shark Park: Im a sharkies fan but the ground leaves a lot to be desired. Seating isn't great and wet weather viewing is for the brave.

Telstra: Only half the experience Suncorp is, something about it just isnt enjoyable. Nice enough place, clean, fast and well facilitated though.

Dairy Farmers: Best Suburban ground there is. Cheap prices, lines are short, transport is excellent to get there (lines for buses back take ages but) and great viewing from most areas. Fans can be a bit boganish though and the ground announcer is the most annoying twit in the league.

Dutchy

Immortal
Brookvale is only leading this poll because all you away supporters always leave there after the match with nothing but a loss!

Tom Shines

First Grade
By the way, special mention for Leichhardt, for the PA system that cuts in an out on the Hill side.
"C'mon you Wests Ti..."

innsaneink

Referee
Wheelsy said:
By the way, special mention for Leichhardt, for the PA system that cuts in an out on the Hill side.
"C'mon you Wests Ti..."

LOL...its a ripper eh?

Especially when the grandstand side has no probs and is continuous, though you hear it a split second after the hill sides speakers when theyre working....nice and confusing and unclear.

t-ba

Post Whore
Carrara is by far the worst football ground I have ever attended.

Transport was very terrible. We struggled to get a bus from Surfers to the game and then it stopped every 2 minutes and took about an hour, eventually dropping us off in the middle of the main road and having to dodge through traffic.

Food was pricy and so was beer, at least a dollar a beer more than Dairy Farmers. Ran out of chips too and beer trays!

The GA is pathetic concrete/gravel mound that is miles away from the action, its meant to be for AFL. Weather was windy as hell as its so exposed.

I've caught a bus from Surfers that didn't stop. Did you make the mistake of catching the Nerang Rail bus (745)? They run event busses that don't stop.

But yes, It's a complete and utter sh*thole. I've been a few times, but I can't wait until they get into their new ground at Robina.

Schillaci

Juniors
chileman said:
Can everyone please vote Brrokvale, and then at the end of the poll can this be sent to the State gov so they can give us some dam $$$$ for upgrades :crazy:
Oh I picked Suncorp.....cause there are to many QLD'ers there :p
won't happen. The state goverment thinks everyone lives in the western suburbs

t-ba

Post Whore
Schillaci said:
won't happen. The state goverment thinks everyone lives in the western suburbs

You forgot the most important constituency-The people of Brookvale who need the Hill so their dogs can take a sh*t on non game days.

Latest posts