What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst ground in the NRL to attend.... BROOKVALE!!!! LOL

Worst ground in the NRL...

• Total voters

Ice777

Bench
Dutchy said:
Brookvale is only leading this poll because all you away supporters always leave there after the match with nothing but a loss!

Nah that couldn't be right. If people were working on that rationale then Olympic park would be way ahead ;-)

t-ba

Post Whore
Ice777 said:
Nah that couldn't be right. If people were working on that rationale then Olympic park would be way ahead ;-)

No one visits Olympic Park...And not in the "Haha your crowds suck!" way but in the "Most people have trouble travelling 20km to Brookvale let alone 800km to Melbourne" way.

Brookvale comes ahead because it is the most archaic ground in Sydney now that NS Oval is no longer in use.

Ice777

Bench
t-ba said:
No one visits Olympic Park...And not in the "Haha your crowds suck!" way but in the "Most people have trouble travelling 20km to Brookvale let alone 800km to Melbourne" way.

Brookvale comes ahead because it is the most archaic ground in Sydney now that NS Oval is no longer in use.

I can see what you're saying but I'm sure there have been thousands to travel down to Olympic Park to watch their team play over the last 10 years so there'd be enough people to make an informed opinion.

Whatever team we're playing always has their pocket of fans at OP at every home game, some smaller groups, some larger but always there nonetheless. I've been to most of the current grounds in Sydney so i don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility to think that others people have travelled down here from the heartland.

fatshark

Bench
Shark Park, hill over run by teenage shire bogans who think it is "cool" to drink alcohol and generally make a nuisance
thats a bit rich coming from a westie. Hows the mullet goin?Open your eyes and look around.Parramatta is the most tragic place in Sydney.

Parra Stadium for the reasons already mentioned:

-Advertising boards blocking scoreboard + not taking advantage of the grassed area behind the seats at either end...

-Automated chant

- Despite seemingly having the infrastructure to accommodate a capacity crowd, there also seems to be f**kups at the ticket windows.

MC84 said:
I would have said Sharks Park but im a biased f**k. Copped a $180 fine for parking on the street along with about 1,000 others who i'm sure copped the same treatment. It's great for day games but f**k me, winter time on a Saturday night. Better make sure you bring firewood to the match...

Definitely Shark Park (like you MC84 I also copped a fine there........only $77 bucks tho ......:lol: )

CowMan

Juniors
Natalie's Daddy said:
Dairy Farmers because it is too hard for me to get to.

how so?

cant walk?
cant get on a bus?
cant drive?
cant get a cab?
u dont live in townsville?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think it's a tongue in cheek reaction because DFS is one of the further away grounds.

i hate sitting in the stands of shark park, those wankers get cut and tell you to shut up when you cheer your team, i'm not talkin abusing the sharks, i mean just general cheering, and it's such a f**k to find a park there, don't bother taking your car, i'm lucky my pop lives around the corner, also lucky i only go once a year

telstra, i wouldn't call it the worst, the seating is fine, i honestly have never had a problem with the view, getting home is a major pain in the arse getting a train

leichardt, it terms of facilities, takes the cake, but i kinda like it for some reason

i've never been to CUA but the f**king panther growl (or whatever the f**k it is) definately puts me off, just like the ground announcer at dairy farmer's, i'd never travel there (though i usually sit 8 or so rows back), atmosphere is decent enough

choc_soldier

Coach
Brookvale, hands down. Nothing more than a suburban ground - and also, I've witnessed two Panthers capitulations there.

Close second is WIN Stadium... looking at the scoreboard whilst sitting on the hill on a bright sunny day is close to impossible.

Honourable mention for Parra Stadium - the end which has the big screen can't be seen from a lot of seats in that area because it's blocked by freaking advertising signage!

Charlie124

First Grade
I voted Suncorp Stadium but only because the rules are too strict, no big flags/banners, Cowboys fans have to take off our hats during the game so the grannies behind us can see without having to lean slightly to the side at times.

But as far as actual stadiums go (facilities, layout, seating setup etc.) it leaves the rest for dead, there are no bad seats.

effnic

Bench
Dodger said:
LOL @ Manly fans defending Brookie.
f**k you tosser. How many times do i have to hear you whinging about brooky, this whole thread was started just so you can have several cheap shots at Manly and there ground, here is some advice DONT f**kING COME HERE YOU DUMB FAT f**k. I really thought u would of liked the place cause maccas is so close.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

I don't whinge about Brookvale alot... you've got issues man. At least I can admit my home ground can be a sh*thole :thumb

For the record I haven't had Maccas in six months either so I don't know what you're on about.

Keep going though effie. Remember the recent record Canterbury hold, 3 of the last four games there have seen us take home the bacon. ;-)

Just to refresh your memory, the current poll results:

Brookvale Oval 32 25.81%
Telstra Stadium 22 17.74%
Toyota Park 21 16.94%

Your ground, daylight second.

And hopefully I'll walk out of there a winner tonight :)

Whats Doing

Bench
There is no doubt Carrara. The view is a disgrace, you get a better view and know whats going on by watching the big screen. The tickets and food are pricey and the transport with all the roadworks outside the ground is a debacle, as it takes about 45 minutes to get out of the parking areas. If anyone outside of the gold coast intends to come, I wouldn't bother.

However the new Robina stadium next year will probably be close to the best

Dutchy

Immortal
effnic said:
f**k you tosser. How many times do i have to hear you whinging about brooky, this whole thread was started just so you can have several cheap shots at Manly and there ground, here is some advice DONT f**kING COME HERE YOU DUMB FAT f**k. I really thought u would of liked the place cause maccas is so close.

Have a nap Effie - jeez

hutch

First Grade
toyota park. no parking, and no good views except from the grandstand. if you're not in the grand stand, dont bother!

Latest posts