What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

___

Juniors
Inducting groups is a no for me. Where does it stop? Have any tag teams been inducted?
maxresdefault.jpg

Valheru

Coach
Inducting groups is a no for me. Where does it stop? Have any tag teams been inducted?

TEAMS
Valiant Brothers
Blackjacks
Wild Samoans
Briscos
Funks
LOD
Buschwackers
Rock n Roll Express
Dudleyz

STABLES
Von Erichs
Horsemen
Freebirds

All of the above have previously been inducted. I have no problem with it. Tag team wrestling is a massive part of the industry and looking at that list only the Bushwackers seem not to belong. It is especially necessary with people like Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson who were completely defined by their tag careers and deserve to be there together. There are plenty of other teams that deserve it including the midnight express, british bulldogs and the HArt FOundation to name a few

Groups also belong and deserve to be honoured. The freebirds made WCCW probably the hottest territory in 1983 and 1984, the horsemen really revolutionised what it was to be a stable. To me DX belongs and surely it can't be long until the NWO goes in.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
To me Kofi's feud with Randy/Legacy was good, he did some of his best work to date there and showed he belonged in the top tier. Raw was always going to be tough for him to crack the main event but in 2010 (which was dominated by Cena/Nexus with guys like Randy & Sheamus having stints with the belt before Miz won the title in late December) Smackdown had guys like Kane, Rey & Jack Swagger hold the main title, it's not like Kofi would have been a step down on any of those guys. His promo game in 2009/10 was underrated, although it's probably even better now.

That said he's got the shot at fast lane, unless he loses due to shenanigans (like Harper joining the vegan army), he's probably not getting the Mania shot, although nobody else stands out. If he can hold his momentum until fastlane and get more huge reactions he's got to get the shot at Mania. If he maintains the momentum through to April he probably gets the title (although I can't see him holding it for more than 1-2 months).
Crazy idea here:

I suspect with the cameos of Kevin Owens taking place, that he will be returning to face Bryan at Mania.

I wouldn't be surprised if he interferes at Fastlane which will, indirectly cost Kofi the strap.

Then they'll do a double turn at Mania so as to keep the belt on Bryan, but also turn him Face and then get Owens back as a heel, where he is much better.

You can't have a long face run with Owens.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
So it appears HHH has healed.

What chance his fued with Batista will somehow manage to bump its way up the card to main event, given Batista's lastest film is expected to come out around the same time as Mania?

Crazy idea here:

I suspect with the cameos of Kevin Owens taking place, that he will be returning to face Bryan at Mania.

I wouldn't be surprised if he interferes at Fastlane which will, indirectly cost Kofi the strap.

Then they'll do a double turn at Mania so as to keep the belt on Bryan, but also turn him Face and then get Owens back as a heel, where he is much better.

You can't have a long face run with Owens.

Looks like KO gets the match at Fastlane, I think in his current state they have to put Kofi in the title match at Mania, he's more over than anyone on Smackdown at the moment.\

Seems as though the WWE way of building a main event face now is for Vince to toss them out of the title match and insert someone else.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is going to sound horrible...

Is it possible that the whole Reigns with Leukemia thing was a work? Everything else WWE has done to get him over as a Face has failed, but now he's finally a massively over face.

Given they've done some pretty horrible things in the past (Killed off one of the LOD, Terri's abortion god damn those were just bad), I would put it past them to do something like this.

And well, the results speak for themselves.

Big Pete

Referee
There is some conjecture over the way the WWE handled the situation. Meltzer believes the WWE exploited the disease and made it sound more serious than it truly was. His view is that by remaining silent on which form of leukemia it was, the WWE were able to infer that Roman had a more aggressive form making his comeback more remarkable. He was also highly critical of the WWE announcing ahead of time that Roman would return to make his announcement, since it seemed like they were exploiting a deadly disease to draw ratings. However, I haven't heard anything about Roman faking the disease and given how sceptical wrestling journalism is, you'd have to think that scenario would have been explored by now.

Road Warrior Hawk didn't kill himself on TV. They had Hawk threatened to kill himself by jumping off the titantron, only for Droz to push him off. Hawk didn't die from the fall and eventually made his return around Wrestlemania XV.

As far as Terri, it turned out that she faked the pregnancy to manipulate Val Venis and D'Lo Brown.

Both were completely low brow storylines, but not quite as bad as you and others remember them.

This is going to sound horrible...

Is it possible that the whole Reigns with Leukemia thing was a work? Everything else WWE has done to get him over as a Face has failed, but now he's finally a massively over face.

Given they've done some pretty horrible things in the past (Killed off one of the LOD, Terri's abortion god damn those were just bad), I would put it past them to do something like this.

And well, the results speak for themselves.

Yes I think it’s a work. Hardly lose any muscle mass. Surely that would be a given

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is some conjecture over the way the WWE handled the situation. Meltzer believes the WWE exploited the disease and made it sound more serious than it truly was. His view is that by remaining silent on which form of leukemia it was, the WWE were able to infer that Roman had a more aggressive form making his comeback more remarkable. He was also highly critical of the WWE announcing ahead of time that Roman would return to make his announcement, since it seemed like they were exploiting a deadly disease to draw ratings. However, I haven't heard anything about Roman faking the disease and given how sceptical wrestling journalism is, you'd have to think that scenario would have been explored by now.

Road Warrior Hawk didn't kill himself on TV. They had Hawk threatened to kill himself by jumping off the titantron, only for Droz to push him off. Hawk didn't die from the fall and eventually made his return around Wrestlemania XV.

As far as Terri, it turned out that she faked the pregnancy to manipulate Val Venis and D'Lo Brown.

Both were completely low brow storylines, but not quite as bad as you and others remember them.
I know Hawk and Terri were faked. I just used those examples to show how dark the WWE is willing to go.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes I think it’s a work. Hardly lose any muscle mass. Surely that would be a given
And most of the time he was away, he was working in a movie.

It allowed them to write him off the show quickly, without him losing and being brutalised, which kept his character strong.

Latest posts