What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Bear

Referee
Sounds like we played well and should;ve own 8-0 again. Still i'll take a 3-0 win at ST Jame's park. Win the game in hand and we are equal second with the mancs

Foz

Bench
A nice 4-1 win against Porto this morning.
Keeps us alive in Europe.
Goals to Torres 2,Gerrard penalty and Crouch.
Had our moments in the first half but over-ran them in the last half hour.
The injection of Kewell and Crouch really lifted Liverpool and Porto really had no answer to Liverpool in the last half hour.

lolesi

First Grade
Good final quarter of the game, Crouch(again) and Kewell making the difference.. I have been away so missed the last couple of Liverpool games, good to see us scoring again!

fat_mike

Juniors
geez harry boy is looking sharp in the red guernsey again. hope to god he can stay fit. he, yossi and babel can be very dangerous out wide.

Red Bear

Referee
gerrard was average, voronin wssnt involved and babel didnt play great.However Torres was pretty good, not his best. Kewell was excellent when he came on which is good to see. Crouch continues to play well also.

We better beat Bolton on the weekend

Foz

Bench
Belted Bolton 4-0 overnight.
They really only had one chance in the match-a stuff up between Carra and Reina but somehow Anelka missed a sitter.
We had 19 shots to 5 (15-3 on Target) and scored 4 but also had 2 cleared off the line.
Carra went off with a rib injury after 50 mins and looked to be the only injury concern we had.
Harry played 65 mins and went very well.
Goals to Sami Hypia (a header from a corner),Torres(a through ball from Gerrard),Gerrard a penalty after Crouch was brought down (I think) and the last to Ryan Babel.Babel somehow had a late effort cleared off the line.He certainly makes an impact when he comes on.
The goals have really been coming the last few weeks and weve now won 5 in a row.
Still unbeaten and still 6 behind Arsenal but we are looking a real threat at the moment.

Foz

Bench
Red Bear said:
Excellentplay this morning going by the highlights, gerrards pass to torres was sublime.

He(Gerrard) did another pass exactly the same about 2 mins later but the finish wasnt there.

Foz

Bench
Played Reading this morning and got beat 3-1.
What can you say?
It was just one of those days.
5 shots all on target,10-3 off target in Liverpools favour.
No doubt the controversey over penalties will be the main talking point out of the game.
Reading was awarded one early in the first half and Liverpool were denied 3.
No doubt the Reading one commenced outside the box and momentum has carried their player inside.I suppose these days they then leave it to the ref's interpretation of the decision.
As for the three Liverpool had denied I thought all 3 could of been given.
Thems the breaks.
Gerrard scored the goal for us and hit a cracker against the cross bar and Crouch also hit the post.
Just wasnt our day.
A few selections were made with the Champions League game in mind so I think Rafa can escape a bit of criticism this time(though I'm still not happy)with his selections.
Torres and Gerrard were both replaced with more than 20 mins to go.Torres copped a buffeting and I'm not sure how bad he is.Gerrad sat on the players bench after being replaced with an ice pack on his thigh.We need them both for the French trip thats for sure.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Your entry into other teams threads all the time immediately following a loss is pretty poor NP.

At least I leave my fishing exclusively to the Manchester United thread.

lolesi

First Grade
The bloke is a puppet, fair enough if it was your team that just won, or in some cases, a rival, but your constant rubbish banter is just stupid, you have swipes at the Spurs fan's for no reason, sure you have a rivalry, but just going in there and saying "you suck lol" is just stupid and a waste of time, its embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.