What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mong

Post Whore
Been looking through the draw and i can only find one date for when West Ham play Liverpool and that appears to be the re arranged fixture from about round 2. Can anyone give me the date of the other game?

Foz

Bench
29th January is the game at West Ham.7.45 kick off.
The postponed game is still to be advised.
I think they had a date pencilled in but we had a Champions League game pretty close to that date so they were looking at dates.
Not on any of the recent ticket sales lists and it still shows TBC on the website.

Foz

Bench
0-0 with Blackburn this morning.
Blackburn produced 2 shots in the first half that hit the posts and all we could manage was a Babel shot straight at their Keeper(Friedel Spelling?-should know he use to play for us).
Second half didnt come to light until the introduction of Kewell and Crouch and we had a number of opportunties to nab a win.
Draw was probably a fair result given Blackburn could/should of nabbed one in the first half and we finished over the top of them.
Best for us were Carra and Gerrard whilst Kewell and Crouch certainly livened the game up when they came on.Harry got half an hour,Crouch about 20mins.
Kuyand Yossi were disappointing (didnt take make the most of their opportunities) but going to Blackburn and getting a point is pretty good this year.
Just a strange stat on Mascherano.He didnt win a game when he played for West Ham last year and so far he hasnt lost a game in a Liverpool jumper in the premiership.

Foz

Bench
Well we beat the Turkish side this morning 8-0.
It was our best ever scoreline in a Champions League match.
Didnt think we played that well in the first half but led 2-0 at the break.
Looked as if the Turks were thinking about the trip home in the second half because they got steam-rolled.
Benayoun got a hat-trick,Crouch and Babel 2 each and Stevie G(with a little deflection got one too.
Cant read much into the result but it does keep us alive in the Champions League and actually puts us in a Uefa Cup position if we fail to qualify.
Kewell played about another 20 mins but the game was gone by then but it was a good hit out for him.He did well.

lolesi

First Grade
Great to see Crouch finally getting some game time, and good to see Kuyt not get any!

With Torres on the bench, it looks like he will be ok for the Fulham fixture, id like to see him pair up front with Crouch for that, good to see Babel finally get a go at striker also!

Red Bear

Referee
I wouldnt mind seeing when all are fit and ready
finnan carra agger arbeloa
benayoun Stevie Alonso Kewell
Torres Babel/Crouch

Now thats attack!

Foz

Bench
Played Fulham this morning and a massive surprise to start the game.
No changes from the side that played mid-week.Stunning.About the second time in a hundred and twenty plus games.
Whilst we dominated possession and the game it took 80 minutes to get a goal through Torres who replaced Vooronin.Torres and Babel both were used as substitutes and really lifted the tempo for the Reds.In fact the bench was the difference in the end.Fulham made a few changes but the 2 Liverpool substitutions cost a mere 36 million pounds at the start of the year.I think we got a bit back on that investment today.
Got a second goal about 4 mins after the first through a Steve Gerrard penalty.No doubt Crouch was brought down but it looked just outside the box to me.
Didnt really affect the result because Fulham were down and out by this time.
Shots on Target Liverpool 13 Fulham 3.
2-0 probably a fair result.

Foz

Bench
I assume Kewell just wasnt picked.
No Kuyt on the subs bench either.Sissoko???(dont know if he's still injured or just overlooked as well.
Although we have Agger and Alonso injured some of the players are coming back.
Squad is starting to build up nicely.
I dont even want to think of the possibility Kewell was injured.His contract is up shortly so he'd want to play as many games as possible to impress.

Foz

Bench
Travelled to Newcastle overnight and won 3-0.
Honestly it could of been more with Torres missing around half a dozen real good opportunities.
Gerrard,Kuyt and Babel scored the goals.
Cant make my mind up whether Liverpool were real good or Newcastle were deplorable.Maybe somewhere in between but things dont look real good for Newcastle at the moment.They are a side who are really suffering from injuries.If they dont start winning maybe big Sam might find himself without a job?

Status
Not open for further replies.