What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Bear

Referee
meh, 11 goals in 19 league appearences is a bloody good record in his first season in the premier league. Compared to tevez who scored 7 in his first season, and has only scored 6 more than him in an extra year in the english game. Adebayor has scored 13 mor eleague goals than him in an extra year and a half in the english game. Drogba i'll give you but he hasnt been at his peak this season and had one truely outstanding season (last year. It is undeniable that Torres is in the top rung of players in the premier league.

By the way, thanks for the comeback re the cantona comment. Whats that, you have nothing?
Piss of negative nancy

Foz

Bench
Overall Torres has scored 17 goals so far this season.
He's as good if not better than any striker in the Premier League.
I wouldnt swap him for any other striker but I'm sure a few of the other managers would swap their strikers.
As for the other 3 we have .................

And as for Liverpool another dreadful performance this morning.
If Boro had scored that second goal that hit the post it wouldve been game over.
Stats showed again Liverpool had the better of the chances with 7 shots on and 7 off target compared to 3 on and 5 off for Boro and also 9 corners to 3 but in reality Liverpool didnt get out of a slumber until 15 mins to go.
Arbeloa was dreadful and was replaced at half time and I didnt think Riise,Voronin and even Finann were much better.
Torres easily Liverpools best player.
Hadnt scored a goal at Boro since 2002 in the premiership so at least that stat has been updated.Great strike from who else-Torres.

HevyDevy

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
Yeah, forget Drogba, Adebayor and Tevez, TORRES IS THE BEST IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE!

:lol:

Nevermind boys, Rafa's fantastic recruitment like Skrtel will save you. Though you can't really rely on a guy whose name starts with 4 consonants, just what I've heard.

Slow day on the Man U thread is it? Or is discussion a word that has escaped your vocabulary?

To be sensible about it (in other words, not talking to ParraDude), Torres is in an elite group of strikers that includes Drogba and Adebayor as well as a few others. Rooney. No it does not include Tevez.

Torres is probably the buy of the year (I could be forgetting someone here, just going off the top of my head), unfortunately he has a lot of dead wood around him.

Hey ParraDude, didn't you label Ferdinand the best defender in England?

:lol:

Dutchy

Immortal
Arabs bout to take over Liverpool.

How bout you take a leaf out of your little bros book...Become a real club!

fat_mike

Juniors
dont think the aiblity to be able to spend thats the problem, its the garbage being brought to the club when we do get the cash(torres and babel aside).

HevyDevy said:
Might not be a bad thing - at least the Arabs will let Rafa spend

hahaha oh yeah, rafa certainly hasn't been allowed to spend has he. you lot only trail chel$ki in the spending spree stakes yet you have absolutely dick to show for your efforts

Red Bear

Referee
fat_mike said:
dont think the aiblity to be able to spend thats the problem, its the garbage being brought to the club when we do get the cash(torres and babel aside).
We.ve bought garbage for a long long time tho. Good buys over the last few years have been few and far between. Torres Alonso Reina and Agger are along way ahead of our other buys in the Rafa period
And the end of the Houlier period, well what the f**k was he smoking some of the sh*t we had then. Ciise Diouf etc.

Rafa hasnt been much better what with morientis, bellemy kuyt (crouch is slightly better than them but only just) voronin.
then just a series of very average players, not aweful but average, such as pennant aurielo arbeloa etc

We ar never going to win a premiership when our only real top quality players are torres, gerrard, alonso, mascha, carra agger and Reina, with IMO Finnan being right up there as well in terms of what he gives us. We have no great left back, 1 striker (altho babel could be another one in the next couple of years) no width (kewell when fit is pretty damn good but he never seems to be fit enough).
The money we have spent has been spent poorly, thats obvious, spread over alot of players rather than a couple of good players (eg the summer of 2006 when we bough pennant etc).

I want rafa to stay cos i dont want to lose our spanish players and plunge our side into sh*t basically, but we need to be run much better than we currently are. f**k the yanks and f**k rick parry off

Red Bear

Referee
bling_fc said:
Oh but there excuse is they won the CL

Still hasn't made them sell more jerseys :lol:
Oh arsenal, for all your continental flair you still do f**k all in europe compared to a side that for 15 years has rarely been near you in terms of talent/performance.
We've been average/poor by Liverpool standards for 17 years yet still are the most successful club in england.

At least thats something of comfort, as we continue to embrace mediocrity.
I still think we are on the rise especially when we have better width (specifically right winger and a left back) and a second striker who is not geniused (when that will happen who knows).

Nevcost

Juniors
How the hell can Kuyt dominate the Dutch league in a way that hadn't been done since Ruud Van Nistlerooy, yet be so quiet in the EPL.

bling_fc

Juniors
Red Bear said:
Oh arsenal, for all your continental flair you still do f**k all in europe compared to a side that for 15 years has rarely been near you in terms of talent/performance.
We've been average/poor by Liverpool standards for 17 years yet still are the most successful club in england.

At least thats something of comfort, as we continue to embrace mediocrity.
I still think we are on the rise especially when we have better width (specifically right winger and a left back) and a second striker who is not geniused (when that will happen who knows).

Never thought I would say this but Mansh*t are and with that comment UEFA Cup here you come

Red Bear

Referee
man utd?
still 2 less league titles than us, and 3 less european cups, just more FA cups. We are still marginally in front.

And we'll make the top 4, im certain of that

(feel free to bring this up and rip me a new one if we come 5th or worse:))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts