What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolesi

First Grade
5-0, this should of been done the first time, but im glad they finally did it.

And a big no to Klinsmann

skeepe

Immortal
Red Bear said:
Congrats to Jamie Carragher on 500th appearence for the reds last night, what a legend.

We won 5-0 which is nice i spose but we should beat a club 2 divisions below us 5-0 frankly. Hat trick to Gerrard and one each to babel and Sami. Carra wore the armband tonight as well.

Babel was shocking and should have been the first replaced. Torres looked awful and whilst I wasn't surprised when Crapa replaced Crouch, who was actually threatening, with the woefully out-of-form Kuyt, I thought it was a terrible move. Crouch is a lot better player than many give him credit for, one of my favourites.

Foz

Bench
I like Babel.
Mightn't convert a lot of his chances but he has pace,can beat a man and has a powerful shot.
Still young and only his first season in the Premier League so he'll get better(unlike a few others).
Torres was double marked until he broke free later in the game and whilst his game was poor (and he could have finished better)it did leave the gate open for others.
Kuyt cant take a trick lately and I dont think he's up to it when he can.
Crouch is our 2nd best strker but I dont know that Rafa actually believes it.
Dont start me on Voronin and Riise.
I get high blood pressure just thinking about them.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Just got my tickets sorted for the Sunderland match at Anfield in a fortnight - Centenary Stand, half-way.

And now I'm off to the boozer to watch the Villa match - got to love living over in Europe...

sydraider

First Grade
You have to be a masochist to be a liverpool fan, fair dinkum, if you guys dont get rid of rafa after that bullsh*t second half, there is something wrong.

Useless pricks cost me my multi AGAIN!!!!!

Southernsaint

Staff member
sydraider said:
You have to be a masochist to be a liverpool fan, fair dinkum, if you guys dont get rid of rafa after that bullsh*t second half, there is something wrong.

LOL, and a Coboys fan. Tough week, eh??

Come on you G-Men!!

Southernsaint

Staff member
sydraider said:
Would have been better if you losers actually played like a top 4 side.

Celtic weren't playing...

I follow Liverpool in the Premiership but Celtic are THE football club.

Still, how's TO & Romo?? Where is their Mad Monday??

Red Bear

Referee
sydraider said:

As long as we are upsetting Manc fans im happy;-)

Sounds like we actually didnt play too badly, conceded some mightily arsey goals but still a draw is not good enough, not close to good enough.

jasnuary and the aim is already 4th spot:(

Foz

Bench
Red Bear said:
As long as we are upsetting Manc fans im happy;-)

Sounds like we actually didnt play too badly, conceded some mightily arsey goals but still a draw is not good enough, not close to good enough.

jasnuary and the aim is already 4th spot:(

You didnt have to watch the game its just a repeat of the last 3 premiership games.
I think the stat was 17 shots to 4 this week.(7 on to 3).
Aston Villas 2nd goal was a bit fortunate but these things are happening too often to always be regarded as a fluke.

Honestly Rafas team selection frustrates me.
Kuyt(who for some reason must always have a touch before shooting),Arbeloa,Benayoun(I think he passed the ball once today-might of mistaken him for someone else) somehow appear to be his first choices.Crouch,Pennant and Finann must be on the outer.At least Riise didnt get a gig.Alonso not getting a start as well.

If your a soccer pools punter youd love Liverpool.Score draws are the regular result.
Lost less games than MAN U and were about 14 points behind.
Go figure.

skeepe

Immortal
Foz said:
I like Babel.
Mightn't convert a lot of his chances but he has pace,can beat a man and has a powerful shot.
Still young and only his first season in the Premier League so he'll get better(unlike a few others).

I like him too. The problem against Luton was that whilst he was making the breaks, he couldn't find his man for love nor money. Every single pass of his went straight to the opposition, every single one.

I still think he's a better player than, say, Benayoun, and probably should have started against Villa, even taking into account Benayoun's arsey goal.

As for today's match... yes they created plenty of chances (don't get me started on Kuyt's "effort"), but once again Crouch was left on the bench in favour of an inferior product, and proved his worth when he finally got some game time.

I'm not fooled by the draw, I actually think Liverpool were lucky to get anything from this game. If Villa had converted that 3 on 1 instead of Harewood being a selfish little bastard and going himself, it would have been 1-3 with no way back.

I thought Kewell was reasonable but still not showing anything like the form we all know he's capable of.

lolesi

First Grade
Kuyt still sh*t, was a very frustrating game, all our moves just seemed to falter at the last pass before a shot.

Defense was actually pretty good, except for Fabio losing the ball a couple of times, it was solid.

Foz

Bench
Didnt catch last nights FA Cup match but we won 5-2.
Been told it was a much better performance than what the press are likely to make of it.
Havant scored after about 7 minutes from a set play and led 2-1 just before half time after what is likely to go down as a Skrtel own goal.Leiva's goal to level was supposed to of been a cracker.
Unfortunately for Havant & Waterloo they ran out of gas at half time and were fortunate Mr Crouch didnt put a few away.He did get one.Right at the end and it looked dead set off-side according to reports.
Benayoun got a hat trick but I was told Pennant and Babel were the ones causing the damage.(Skrtel's debut was less than convincing at times)
The crowd gave Havant a& Waterloo a much deserved standing ovation and all in all everyone went home happy and satisfied with the performances of both teams.
It will be interesting to see what the press make of it all.

HevyDevy

Coach
What is rarely considered in these situations is that the big team will always field players that lack combinations with their teammates, so they can find it hard to look pretty.

In the end, class usually tells as it did here. Gerrard came on in the dying minutes and set up a goal almost straight away.

If Torres played he would have scored 10.

But great effort by H & W and pleasing to see the Reds fans clap them.

Foz

Bench
Got a tough game coming up tomorrow morning against West Ham.
Their one of the most improved sides in the premiership and their management etc seems to be pretty stable at present.
We are almost the opposite.
Still weve only lost 2 games (10 draws is the killer stat)and I dont think theyve beaten us for 14 games.This is their best opportunity in a long while.
We look like having a few players return from the bench from Saturdays FA Cup match-Gerrard,Torres and Carragher for starters.Who knows how many more will change with Rafa?Reina will be back in goals too.
Mascherano wont be playing because he is under suspension but it looks like we will be paying his 17 million pound transfer fee.
Class player but given we have Xabi Alonso who does a pretty good job you sometimes wonder if 17 million could be put to better use.
One thing though Mascherano is our better option in away games because of the defensive job he does.Personally I'd prefer Xabi in home games.This is an away game and we have no choice anyway.
This is a game where I'd be happy with a point under normal circumstances but we've had too many draws and anything but a win wont make the fans happy.
If we have it in us is another matter entirely.

(Fox at 6.30am-one of the interactive games).

Forgot to mention Sissoko completed his move to Juventus.

lolesi

First Grade
Crap.

We can not finish to save ourselves, credit to west ham, they defended pretty well and it was a fair penalty, but geez, we should of scored of at least 1! Lucas had 2 fantastic chances, though he did have a good game when he came on.

Babel needs to partner Torres, Kuyt has to be benched, HAS TO, he had at least 2 chances to score tonight and he just played around with it and lost the ball.

I thought Kewell was taken of to early, he did look threatening, though he did go missing in some patches.
Fabio losses the ball way to much, looking back now, would of been fantastic getting Heinze.
A pretty disappointing loss, and i really dont know when we are going to get out of this rut we are in atm.

Foz

Bench
Well we got rolled 1-0 this morning in a pretty good game of football.
It was all West Ham in the first half and they were unlucky not to be a goal or 2 up at the break.
Their best chance was from a free kick which Finnan headed onto the cross bar but it was a half which they were totally dominant.
The second half saw a much better Liverpool side.
Had a few real good chances and a strong appeal for a penalty denied(Lucas Neil looked like he got an arm on a ball in the penalty area but it happened so quickly I think the ref took the safe option and said play on).
Ironically the game was decided by a penalty in the last seconds of the game.
Carra bought down Freddie Lundjberg and there was no doubt it was a penalty.Not 1 complaint from any Liverpool player.
Reina got a hand to the ball but it was too good a penalty and West Ham came away with the win.
Gerrard was probably Liverpools best(very quiet first half though) and Kuyt played pretty well but again his finishing is a disgrace.He takes too many touches.How he scored so many goals in Holland is beyond me.

Stats

Shots at Goal

Liverpool 13 West Ham 9 (Finnans header didnt count)
Free Kicks
West Ham 19 Livepool 11.

Could of stole a draw but in the end whoever got the goal would win and after West Hams first half display you cant complain at the result.

skeepe

Immortal
Refereeing was atrocious. Definite penalty against Neill, and what about his multitude of fouls on Torres before Torres was unbelievably booked?

Status
Not open for further replies.