What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foz

Bench
Good result.
Means Barcelona have to score at least 2 at Anfield.
I think the story of the game was Barcelona had 62% possession with 14 shots at goal but only 4 on target.
Liverpool 7 shots at goal with 5 on target.
Would of been nice if Kuyt had headed home that sitter but then Barca had a couple of really good chances (including the one that hit the corner of the post) so all in all Liverpool would be pretty pleased with themselves.
Still the jobs only half done.
Wonder how bad Sissoko is.
He certainly slowed them up a bit in the middle of the park but he doesnt mind a foul or six.

lolesi

First Grade
Out of all people to score it had to be Bellamy and Riise.

Great win, puts us in a very strong position now.

Foz

Bench
Liverpool 4 (Fowler penalty-foul on Gerrard),Fowler penalty(another foul on Gerrard),Hypia,Gerrard goals
Sheffield 0.
A lot of changes to the Liverpool side(7 I think) from the team that played Barcelona.
Dudek played in goals,Crouch and Fowler up front.Crouch broke his nose.
Mascherano(whatever his name is had a pretty quiet debut).
Couple of big games coming up.
Manure at home next week followed by the second leg of the Champions League 3 days later.
Selections will be interesting.

Foz

Bench
Benitez has said he will pick a strong side for tonights game against Manure.Didnt say he would pick his best players(not side which is always a worry) which means he is looking at the Barcelona match as more important.
Fair enough but it would be nice to beat Manure as well.
Crouch has put off an operation until after Barcelona (on his nose) but I dont know that they'll pick him to start.
Bellamy is a bit of a Manure hater(so is Robbie) and he'd be favourite to start with Kuyt but I'd go with Robbie.
Bellamy is likely to do something stupid as is Pennant if he got a run so I'd try to steer clear of them both.
I think Zenden is fit but he gets soft in these sort of games too often so I'd be looking at Stevie G with the other foreigners in the midfield for mine.(Sissoko,Alonso are musts).
They shouldnt even let Dudek into Anfield for this one.
Manure were really impressive against us at Old Trafford but I think we are up to this.
A long time since we lost at Anfield in the League and tonight should be no different.

Red Bear

Referee
Reina
Finnan Carragher Agger Riise
Gerrard Sissoko Alonso Gonzales
Bellemy Kuyt

The side chosen, Robbie not even on the bench :(

Foz

Bench
Oh well.Liverpool dominated the game but no result.
55per cent of possession,12 corners to 2,15 shots at goal to 5,
8 on target to 2 and we lost 1-0.
You dont take the chances you lose and thats what happened.
If we play that well again in 3 days time we'll get through to the next round of the Champions League.

skeepe

Immortal
f**k me dead. Man United did not deserve to win that... in fact they deserved to lose 5-0.

Thems the breaks in football I guess.

Brycey

Juniors
ffs we were not offside. I hate ManU so much, the way those scumbags were playing they should only have had 9 players on the field.

stuke

Bench
Brycey said:
ffs we were not offside. I hate ManU so much, the way those scumbags were playing they should only have had 9 players on the field.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
True, Bellamy's goal should have stood. Not surprising though, officialdom are clearly trying to help Man Utd as much as possible.

Foz

Bench
Okay I'm happy we won but what have we got to do to score a goal?
We hit the crossbar nearly as much as we score.
More in this game again.
Barca winning the game wasn't really justice (Ok my opinion) but thats 2 games in a row were we've played quality opposition,outplayed them and failed to score.
What if Ronaldino's shot had gone in instead of hitting the upright?
A 2-zip loss and nobody would believe we deserved to win the match.
Frustrating but better to look ahead and not back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts