What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
just also like to give a massive applause to the Barca coach for his classy comments after the game.
took the defeat with the same good grace as he takes the wins.

makes a nice change from certain managers and star players with their behavouir and comments after matches.

Foz

Bench
Well overnight we played Villa in one of the most boring matches of the year.
A game where there werent many chances at all
(we had 4 on target,Villa 3) they had 6 off target we had 3.
Right on half time Villa should of been awarded a penalty for a Finnan foul on one of the Villa players.
No guarantee they would of converted it with Reina's penalty saving record anyway but we can count ourselves fortunate.
Gerrard looked to be carrying an injury and was replaced with 5 mins to go by Robbie Fowler who almost stole a win for us with a header.
Didnt do enough in my opiion and 0-0 was probably the result the game deserved.

Foz

Bench
Next match V Arsenal
Sat 31st March 12.45 English time.
Hadnt played for 12 days before last night and another break until this one.
Hope we play better.

Red Bear

Referee
4-1 Liverpool over Arsenal. Crouch gets a game and scores 3, agger got the other goal. Gallaz scored for arsenal

Macca_

Coach
You blokes were good value at $2.05 as well!!!

Well done, were clearly more up for it then we were. We were trash today, but take nothing away from the homeside, they got the job done.

Well taken hatter too!

SP

Bench
watched the last 20 mins of the game when i got home from work, i enjoyed it :D

Foz

Bench
Good win.Looked to have Arsenal buried at 3-0 but then the goal and the save Reina made that hit the post made things a bit jittery for a while.
Not convinced about the Arsenal defence but gee their forwards look dangerous even without Henry and co.
Rosisky(spelling?)livened them up too.Is there a reason he's on the bench?
Well done to Crouch.
A hat trick at any time is always good but to do it against one of the best teams in the country adds more merit.

Macca_

Coach
Mate stop taking the p*ss :lol: Adebayor and Baptista don't cut the mustard. We need to buy a striker to add to Henry and Van Persie. Bendtner coming back from loan will be good too. But the 2 that started last night ain't up to it. Yes Bid Ad has chimed in with some important goals, but no where near enough.

Rosicky would have been on the bench after playing both internationals for the Czechs. There was also a little 'party' that happened after the 1st game that he and a few others were involved with. Bit of a p*ss up not much else, but it got some bad press. Maybe Wenger giving him a little message too, but I'd suggest it was purely because he played 180 minutes for them. Also wanting to give the likes of Diaby and Denilson as much game time as possible in the run in with top 4 all but wrapped up.

Our defence was poor last night. We simply didn't show up and want it as much as Liverpool. That back 4 of Eboue/Gallas/Toure/Clichy will be our starting 4 next season and I like it. 2 good central defenders and a couple of wing backs who can get forward and deliver. Last night simply weren't at the races from the off.

Liverpool were and got a deserved win unfortunately :D

pantherz9103

First Grade
I think Crouch has to be a more regular starter and he's proved that with the hat-trick. You shouldn't drop someone after a hat-trick and I just hope Rafa realises this because I don't want to see them return to their firing blanks ways.

Foz

Bench
Watched the Reds-PSV game this morning.
Outclassed is being nice to them.
Only a miracle will prevent Liverpool being in the semis now.
Goals to Gerrard,Riise and Crouch.(3-0)
Aurelio went down hurt and things didnt look too good.Nobody was near him.
Dont be surprised if Harry Kewell makes a guest appearance in the return leg at Anfield.
Then again dont be surprised if Harry falls over on the way to the ground and is out for 6 months.:sarcasm:

Foz

Bench
Tonight we play Reading.
Not an easy assignment and likely to be made difficult by the actual team that is trotted out.
The return leg against PSV is in a few days and while we look over the line in that a decent side still will have to be played.(Champions League)
Makes tonights selections very hard.
Pick a too much weakened side and they'll beat us (even full strength there is still a temptation to look at PSV even though the result there looks a formality).
Me I'd pick our best side and worry about PSV when it happens.
This will be a tough game.
I worry the result will be clearer more so on who is selected prior to the game than the game itself.
You cant take Reading lightly and expect to get the points.
Someone please remind Rafa of this.

Foz

Bench
Good to see we played a very good side and got the points through a late goal to Kuyt.
2-1.
With Arsenal losing(watched that game and still cant believe how they lost)we've opened up a 5 point gap on them.
With none of the other so called big 3 to play things are looking good for a 3rd place finish.

Red Bear

Referee
Thats good.

Yeah we are now ahead of arsenal regardless of what happens in their catch up game.

Fowler should've played tho :)

Status
Not open for further replies.