What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foz

Bench
6 changes to the Liverpool side this morning(from last weeks Champions League first leg).Kuyt had to miss out because of a card.
Bellamy got injured early as well.
Very average match as you'd expect and PSV for a side that had to score offered little.
They did have a player sent off(which I thought was a bit harsh)but they were never doing enough to mount a serious threat.
Crouch scored the only goal of the match from a cross by Riise which went right across the Psv goal mouth,was picked up by Robbie Fowler who turned it back to the big praying mantis in the middle who put it away.
Despite his part in the goal I think God is on borrowed time at Liverpool as a player and Zenden would be another on the used by list and I think the new funds Rafa will get will see the end of these two at Anfield.
Played like both sides knew the result was a formality before they kicked off.
Sets up an Anzac Day clash with Chelsea in the semi finals.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Another goal to 'Crouchino' - 18 for the season. 2005 all over again with Chelsea in the semis and hopefully the same result.

Foz

Bench
0-0 with Man City on the weekend.
Didnt see the game but from what I heard its a blessing I didnt see it.
2 league games this week Boro and Wigan.
2 wins would rap up a Champions League spot for next year but Rafa's team selection will be interesting(again)with the Chelsea semi-final the following week.
I have no doubt we would have 3rd spot wrapped up if stronger sides were selected in certain games but even if we finished 4th and won the Champions League I'd be happy.

Foz

Bench
Beat Boro overnight 2-0.
Didnt see the game again(wasnt on Fox) but heard we were pretty good and dominated most of the match.
0-0 at half time but no prizes for guessing who cracked the first goal by deciding to take the game by the scruff of the neck.
Gerrard got a second from a penalty after Crouch was pulled down and from then on the points were safely in the bag.
Got Wigan at home on the weekend and victory in this game would wrap up a top 4 spot.
Rafa may even rest players in this game with Chelsea in the Champions League next week.
I dont think he really cares if we finish 3rd or 4th as long as we qualify for Europe and I think Everton and Bolton(maybe not)would need maximum points from their last 4 games and us to lose all 4.

Foz

Bench
Liverpool 2 Wigan 0.
2 goals to Kuyt(13 for the year).
Gerrard(rested until late in the game),Bellamy and Sissoko also.
Comprehensive win with Wigan not having a shot until the 79th minute.
Qualified for Champions League next year now so we can concentrate on this years Champions League Semis.
Play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Anzac Day(English time).
Looking forward to the match and we'll go in with plenty of confidence and some good form behind us.

Red Bear

Referee
Lost to chelsea 1-0 first leg. Screw the premiership now we are playing champions league next year, concentrate on the next leg completely, really the whole season on the line there.

Loved how the 2000 liverpool supporters were making as much noise as the rest of stamford bridge

Foz

Bench
Doubt there'll be a 19-9 free kick count against us this week.
The Anfield crowd can affect any side when their up for a game.(or official).
No doubt they'll be up for this one.

Foz

Bench
Beaten by Portsmouth 2-1 overnight.
Good luck to them.
7 changes were made to the Liverpool side from the Champions league game.
Of the changes looks like only Sammi Hypia might get a run against Chelsea this week.
Agger's spot is under some pressure given the trouble Drogba caused him last week.
Think Liverpool might of had other matters on their mind then playing Portsmouth but that win by Portsmouth puts them only 2 points behind Reading and a UEFA cup spot.
Game made little difference to Liverpool apart from the fact they may finish 4th instead of 3rd and have to play an extra Champions League qualifier next year.
Dont think too much sleep was lost buy anyone over the result.

lolesi

First Grade
Bellamy has come out and said he wont be with Liverpool next season.

This is good, sure he has pace and is a good worker, but he is a prick of a human and just brings a rubbish element to a team, plus it gives us more $$ on bringing in a real class striker hopefully!

Foz

Bench
Red Bear said:
How did Robbie play this morning?

Only from what I read he went ok but nothing special.
Did take the corner which set up Sammi Hypia's goal though.

Macca_

Coach
Foz said:
Game made little difference to Liverpool apart from the fact they may finish 4th instead of 3rd and have to play an extra Champions League qualifier next year.
There's no extra game to be played... Both our sides (Liverpool and Arsenal) only played a home and away fixture to qualify last season after being 3rd and 4th. Not aware that it changed....

Foz

Bench
Hope your right Macca.
Got that information off one of the game reports (since disappeared).
You've just got to wonder what sort of sides Rafa is going to spin out for the rest of the year.
Heard that each premiership side gets allocated a certain amount of money depending where they finish.
Seems Rafa doesnt care less if we finish 3rd or 4th so I dont know what the prize ,money split up is.
A guy on the radio today who supports Birmingham reckoned you get 36 million for running last in the premiership.
Not a bad lump sum.

Macca_

Coach
There is a slight difference in the money that 3rd and 4th get in the EPL.

But I'm pretty sure that both 3rd and 4th have the 1 CL tie to play to qualify for the main draw. Played home and away.

Foz

Bench
A tough win this morning but thats how you like them.
Chelsea may have the best keeper in the world but we have the best penalty stopper.
I knew we'd win when it went to penalties.
Essein was great for Chelsea Pepe was great for Liverpool.
I was glad when Joe Cole went off because only him and Drogba were the only real threats to our defence.
They must be disappointed in Lampard.
Didnt notice him unless he was taking a corner or free kick.
A Chelsea fan would expect more.They missed Ballack big time.
Zenden went well for us.I wouldnt have picked him thats for sure.
How do you leave Alonso on the bench?
Mascherano(or however you spell it)had a real workman-like game.
Loved Mourhino's comments after the match.
For years now we'll hear how Chelsea outplayed Liverpool at Anfield in the 2007 Champions League semi-final and still got beat.
Might shut him up about the goal that never crossed the line a couple of years ago(we all know if it hadnt it was a penalty and send off waiting to happen but he skips over that bit.).
Remember the handball in the first leg when he wanted a penalty.
Probably was a handball but someone should of told him you have to handball in the penalty area.
I hope he stays with Chelsea as he's great for football(just a poor judge) but I think the Russian might have his knife collection out and shining it up.

Red Bear

Referee
Carragher was imense yet again.

Was over the moon to see Robbie come on near the end, almost set up a goal in his first minute on the field as well

Status
Not open for further replies.