What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foz

Bench
Phillips said:
why is Jose Riena called 'Pepe' Riena?

Good question.
Dont know if its true but I was told once that its just a translation of Jose to English.
Story I got spun was the Spanish do it with a few of their names.
Cant really remember but it was something like Danni can be Danny.Mikel can be Michael(these are just made up by me so they arent the Spanish translation but I hope you get what I mean).
He wants to be known as Pepe instead of Jose so thats what he gets.

http://www.answers.com/topic/spanish-spoken-in-chile

Half way down the page at the end of miscellaneous.

Heard once it was his dad(who was an international for Spain)used/had the same nickname(his name was different-not Jose) so I have my doubts.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
321381023_176e5a2452_o.jpg

Foz

Bench
This weekend we play Fulham.
No doubt most of the first team will be rested.
Might give Fulham a chance to avoid relegation.
Despite no Gerrard,Cara etc its a chance to blood a few of the young players.
Bellamy,Alonso,Fowler and Sissoko should all get a gig so life wont be all that comfortable for Fulham.Will Harry get a run?
I think we can get a point(at least) out of it but Fulham will be desperate.

Foz

Bench
Lost 1-0 to Fullham.(helps Fulhams cause to stay up)
9 changes from the side which faced Chelsea in the Champions League.
Reports said we had slightly the better of the game but didnt take the chances we had.
On a more pleasing note Harry Kewell made an appearance in the second half and played pretty well.
Wasnt on long and dont know how he pulled up but its a step in the right direction.

Foz

Bench
Played Charlton last night and drew 2-2.
Team:padelli,Finnan,Carragher,Agger,Arbeloa(Alonso(61),Gerrard,Mascherano,Zenden(Kewell 57),Riise,Kuyt,Fowler(Crouch 88).
Fowler captained the side in his last match (in front of the Kop)but was replaced with a minute to go.We were awarded a penalty straight after which Harry Kewell converted to level the match.
Alonso scored the other goal so both subs got on the scoresheet.
Defence was loose and we blew plenty of chances.
AC Milan would not be too worried by the performance but thats another day.
Finished 3rd for the year which was rather fortunate given the performances over the last few weeks.
Liverpool fans staged a protest before the match due to them being allocated only 17,000 tickets(out of 63,000)to the Champions League Final.
No injuries so that was the main thing.

laurie

Juniors
hey guys and girls... was wandering if any1 knows of any place (supporters club) to watch the game in sydney.... WILL be MASSIVE

I CANT WAIT !! CMON YOU MIGHTY REDS !!

YNWA

pantherz9103

First Grade
I hope we win in another classic but spare my ticker on another 0-3 down or 0-2 like against the hammers in the fa cup 2006, I could do without that! One more sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.