What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knightmare

Coach
Dozens of beach balls rained down from the Kop right before kick-off. I'm guessing they knew the ManUre fans would be bringing them into the ground, and thought they'd beat them at their own game.

Basically it now stands at Beach ball> Liverpool > Man United. You wonder how high up the ladder that Beach ball would finish if it got a whole season. Probably give the likes of West Ham and Hull a run for their money!

My greatest worry now is that Liverpool will get complacent thinking if they can beat ManUre they will beat anyone, then throw it all away and lose to Fulham this weekend. :(

Foz

Bench
May not have won but a good performance this morning.Our Roma man showed a few classy touches in the 10 mins he was on too.Encouraging.

Jimbo

Immortal
Uh oh...

Benitez fears for Gerrard fitness

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has revealed he does not know when captain Steven Gerrard will be able to return to first-team action.
Gerrard, 29, has missed two games with a groin injury, and Benitez has not ruled out the possibility of surgery.

"Gerrard is improving but the next week will be crucial in terms of what we will do with him," said Benitez.

"His progress is slow, we will have to decide what to do if he doesn't progress as quickly as we would hope."

Gerrard picked up the injury while on England duty earlier this month and had to be taken off in the first half of Liverpool's Champions League game against Lyon on 20 October.

He is definitely out of Liverpool's Premier League match against Fulham on Saturday and is a major doubt for their return trip to Lyon next week.

With an operation looming if Gerrard's condition does not improve, the influential midfielder could be looking at a much longer absence.

"I do not know yet whether Steven will play in Lyon, we must work with him. But it is true there is a problem," added Benitez.

"We do have an issue if he is not fit for Lyon, it is a crucial time. In three days we will maybe have a better idea.

"He has had this problem for some time but when he has a lot of games for his club, as well as the national team, it is not easy to give him a rest.

"I do not believe he will have this problem for the rest of his career but we certainly need to find a solution now. We have a good medical staff, I have confidence we can manage this problem."

Benitez is frustrated that Gerrard picked up the injury while he was away on international duty and says he is desperate for the Reds' captain - who has been shortlisted for the Fifa Player of the Year award, along with team-mate Fernando Torres - to return.

"Steven picked up this injury while playing for England. He lasted only until half-time of the game (in Ukraine)," said the Spaniard. "He rested for two days and then had the same problem in his next training session for England.

"We rested him for one game and then he lasted just 25 minutes of the next match, against Lyon. Since then he has not been able to train or play.

"We now have to be careful. He is working with the physios and I have talked with the doctor. The decision is to continue with the same treatment for a few days. Then we will see.

"We do not want to put him under any further risk. He was unable to play against Manchester United and we won but we obviously need Steven to be fit and available.

"He has just been nominated for world player of the year, along with Fernando, and they both deserve it. And it also shows the quality we are missing when they cannot play."

Liverpool are fifth in the Premier League, six points away from Chelsea in top sport, and are third in Group E in the Champions League.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8334835.stm

Ridders

Coach
Hmmmm.

Taking Torres off in the 61th minute when he scored the equaliser and the scores are tied at 1-1.

I like it.

Foz

Bench
Rafa has to be kidding.
First his team selections had a Carling Cup look about them.
Then taking off Torres followed by Yossi and then Kuyt(though the way Kuyt was going it may have been a blessing).
Playing Voronin in behind Torres while Yossi was left out on the flanks.
No Agger or Skrtel-you'd think one of them would of played.
Degen in for an injured Johnson.
Add this to a ref who showed us no lenience at all(particularly Degen),we didnt even cop a yellow in the game just 2 straight reds.
If I was betting on this game I wouldve smelt a rat thats for sure.
Pretty clear the Champions League is still the priority.
He's just given up on the League.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
geez whats he hoping he wins the CL title and he be invited back next year... like they did in 05 was it?.... cause at this rate they will finish 6th or 7th

Ridders

Coach
Link

Kop crisis deepens with Torres' injury

torresright.jpg
Torres...battling a damaged groin and surgery could knock him out for two months

Rafa Benitez' Kop crisis has deepened with Fernando Torres groin injury. The Spanish striker is battling a damaged groin and surgery could knock him out for two months.

UK's The Sun reports that Steven Gerrard might also go under the knife if a scan on his groin confirms the worst.
But it says the Liverpool boss will play Torres in Lyon tomorrow, despite his injury.
"We are trying to manage, as he was close to having an operation. Two days after the Fulham game, he is still feeling something.
"He is not comfortable and hasn't got the power he had before, so we have to try to protect him.
"Fernando cannot play well if you keep pushing him. Maybe if you push him he will be injured for a long time," he was quoted as saying.
Benitez controversially substituted Torres during Saturday's 3-1 Craven Cottage defeat to give him a chance of making the must-win Lyon clash.
Skipper Gerrard, defenders Martin Skrtel and Martin Kelly and winger Albert Riera are definitely out of the Lyon crunch.
The Reds are also sweating on late tests for Glen Johnson, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger and David Ngog.
Liverpool are third in Group E, six points behind Lyon and three off Fiorentina.
While defeat would not mathematically end their Champions League dreams, it would all but finish them off - costing upwards of £10million in prize money and turning the screw more on Benitez.

Published Nov 3 2009

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Atletico in the relegation zone and Torres facing possible surgery. I hate football.

One of our most important games in a while tonight.
Hopefully we'll show some spirit and some of the steel that Liverpool are/were famous for.

With Gerrard, Johnson, Reira and Aurelio all out. Agger, Ngog and Skertel all facing late fitness tests, it's going to be a tough ask.

But as Raffa said in his final press conference today: "When we walk though the storm, you hold your head high, so that is what we do."

HevyDevy

Coach
Wow what a goal from Babel!

One thing tonight has highlighted is just how useless Lucas and Voronin are.

Awful performance overall despite the fact that it looks like we might sneak through with a win with 5 minutes remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts