What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Maher

Immortal
You just can't say that Liverpool wanted to get a result against Chelsea.

I know they're pretty rubbish this season but yesterday they didn't even try. The only time it looked like a Liverpool player wanted to actually score was Aquilani's long range shot which skidded off the bar.

Every single time they found themselves in a strong attacking position, which wasn't often, the cross or final pass was bad. They had no purpose, repeatably surrendered possession under little pressure.

If such a performance in a similar circumstance happened in Italy or Spain everyone would accept that the team threw the game. Yet because it's England the thought process is "no it can't be..."

I'm not at all pissed off, I hate United and I think doing things like this to f**k over your rivals is one of the reasons why football is so great. And even if Liverpool had tried to win Chelsea almost certainly still would have come out on top. But I can't believe the lack of acknowledgment in the football press or amongst fans that Liverpool actually did throw the game.

Only a Liverpool fan could defend throwing a game...

And you didn't cost us the title anyway, we cost ourselves by not being able to score a solitary goal against Blackburn and by not turning up until after half time against Chel$ki. Which by implication means we cost ourselves when we forked out 30 mil on a Bulgarian "striker" (and selling the best player in the world for 80 mil and not using the greater portion of that money is none too bright either). But if makes you idiots sleep better at night, you can keep telling yourselves that you cost United the league title.

I'm not a Liverpool fan.

It happens often in Europe, and to a much worse degree. It's happened a couple of times in Spain that a team in the top half has thrown a late season game against a team in the relegation zone. Why? Because their bitterest rivals were also fighting to avoid relegation.:mrgreen:

WireMan

Bench
It lacks wit of any sort and the dog holding the sign saying that Liverpool have been taking it up the arse for no longer than 5 months is the sort of humour you would expect from an 8 year old.

Jeez, i like laughing at Liverpool probably more than most on this forum, but that picture was really unfunny!!

Put up the spot the difference pic of Gerrard kissing a camera at OT and Giggs kissing the league title. Thats a better one!!

Looks like the campaingn to Keep Rafa At Pool (KRAP) is gonna fail, latest rumour is all the other top teams have offered to play his wages for a year. :D

Knightmare

Coach
Under Rafa you can get a good season or a crap one, so a bit of a gamble there. It's still nice to know that a s**t season for Liverpool is considered a good season at Everton...

WireMan

Bench
Under Rafa you can get a good season or a crap one, so a bit of a gamble there. It's still nice to know that a s**t season for Liverpool is considered a good season at Everton...

Well considering this was Liverpools year to win the league, i'd say it was one of the worst seasons they have had in my memory. Benitez is Souness mark 2.

Next year, Everton will finish higher in the league Liverpool.

Well I don't know what the English press or Scousers were saying but last year was definitely Liverpool's year to win the League.

No Alonso, no Liverpool IMHO.

WireMan

Bench
Its all we got round this way. So many Scousers crawling out of the woodwork, they have since spent the last few months crawling back in...

In other news, Liverpool just posted a loss of £60 million for the last year. Not good times for them.

Jimbo

Immortal
In other news, Liverpool just posted a loss of £60 million for the last year. Not good times for them.

Bit of a worry that

Without Champions League cash coming in, next year's budget will have to be tightened even further. While your debt isn't as big as Man U's, they have more cashflow to service it with...

Red Bear

Referee
yes, 30 000 extra stadium seats plus CL football help with that.

Our budget next year, im guessing, depends on the situation with owners. If the current goons are still in charge then we'll pretty much have to sell to buy, if we get bought out we could bounce back to our rightful spot in the top 4 in a season.

Foz

Bench
Noticed a few other sides fans in here recently and maybe one of them can find an explanation why Liverpool only play 1 striker in home games.
Fair enough with Torres you can get away with it but really playing Ngog or Kuyt or whoever else by themselves doesnt really send a chill down the spine of opposition defences.
Then when we play away there is no surprise in how we will play.
Little wonder we drop points to sides we should beat.
Add the fact we have played a lot of games without either a true left or right fullback it leaves you wondering what goes on in the purchasing of players.
Now I can only hope for some good out of this season and thats to change the owners and the manager.
And surely they can trot out a few young hopefuls tonight against Hull.

The Tank

Bench
:shock: Martin Kelly?!?

HeyDadCast_dad_sarah_bp.jpg

Red Bear

Referee
Well a draw with a relegated club. Pretty much sums up the season. Defender called Jack Robinson, aged 16 years 8 months, became the youngest ever player to get game time for Liverpool, which is good to see, one for the future.

If we can keep the important players and shift the dead wood/manager we might not have too bad a year next season, but our money situation makes it seem we are in deep sh*t.

Bring on August, this season couldnt finish quickly enough.

Nevcost

Juniors
I think we'll need a miracle of Carlos Slim Helu or Bill Gates proportion tto bounce back after this bad season.

Knightmare

Coach
Last season was Chel$ki's title to lose, and they did with Scolari getting the arse and the subsequent internal fall-out. Liverpool over-achieved last year but all the same it had us hoping that in 09-10, the Reds would be able to not just beat ManUre and Chel$ki but also pick up 3 points against the lower-placed teams instead of uninspiring draws.

Instead, they proved to go from the biggest overachievers in the League to the biggest underachievers. They should have finished in the top 4 with a virtually un-changed squad from last year, and wasted their chance in both the CL and the UEFA Cup. It's time to stop dwelling on the clubs' history and forge a new one, this season was a limp one for the Reds and completely inexcusable.

Nevcost

Juniors
I wouldn't blame him, he's 30 so I doubt he would win anything else at Liverpool before he retired. I think he's done well to stay with us this long.

Burkina Faso

Live Update Team
G'day lads.

Just letting everyone know I'm a massive Liverpool fan.

What a shocking season we've had. Bar the win over the Mancs, I don't think there's been any highlights. The team has looked completely devoid of passion and enthusiasm.

Can't wait to see the back of these owners. Horrible pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.