What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your clubs best sponsor?

choc_soldier

Coach
Sleeve sponsors for Penrith...

1991-1992: Triple M
1993-1995: 2WS
2002-2004: National Telecoms Group (NTG)
2005: St. Mary's Leagues Club
2006-present: Parkview

ocko

juniors
city ford started sponsoring the roosters in 1975 i think, they were the first company to have their name on a team jersey

spacemanspiff

Juniors
Yeah, Sharks definately had Powers there for a while.

Reebok was my favourite jersey...dunno why but i liked the diagonal white stripe with Reebok plastered across it.

Overall I'd have to go with Woodgers or Henny Penny for a the retro value factor.

choc_soldier said:
Sleeve sponsors for Penrith...

1991-1992: Triple M
1993-1995: 2WS
2002-2004: National Telecoms Group (NTG)
2005: St. Mary's Leagues Club
2006-present: Parkview

I think Ansett was a sleeve sponsor during Super League. Mind you, I think they were the sleeve sponsor of a lot of the other Super League teams as well. Probably one of the reasons why they went bust!!

Alex28

Coach
Dodger - Nuke has the proper list of Knights sponsors...

Nuke said:
Knights sponsors (major)
* Henny Penny (1988-1990)
* BP (1991-1993)
* Stockland (1995-1997)
* Impulse Airlines (1998-late2001)
* Flight Centre (late 2001)
* QANTAS Link (2002-2004)
* Coal & Allied (mid 2005 - present)

SLEEVE SPONSORS
* BP (1990)
* McDonalds (Hunter Region) (1991-1993)
* NBN (1994-2003)
* NIB (2004-present)
Although I am sure when we did not have a sponsor in 1994 the Macca's logo was on the sleeve...

bobmar28

Bench
macavity said:
Telstra... pffftt.

Optus was there when the game needed them. Telstra were trying to destroy it - and even now push AFL way more than us.

I dont see any "my dad played for Wests Tigers" ads on TV.....
Are'nt Telstra paying 90 million dollars? How much is Optus contributing to rugby league today? I don't see their name anywhere.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They might be backing the game but they're doing f**k-all to promote it, to the point where they run ads for THE OPPOSITION CODE during our games! FFS don't bother even trying to defend Telstra.

Keep the sponsors coming if you know them guys...

macavity

Referee
thank you Dodge.

way to totally miss the point Bob.

Telstra rape the game nearly as much as their bed-fellows News Ltd....

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Vodafone are by far and away the coolest sponsor ever. Really have a lot of time for the fans IMO

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That thing they're doing post-game tomorrow night's an awesome initiative.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Dodger said:
That thing they're doing post-game tomorrow night's an awesome initiative.

Not to mention starting the "One Tribe", effectively funding the cheerleaders, free scarves, calendars, other great giveaways and hanging around during less than brilliant times on field.

I'm told they are the most recognised sports sponsor in New Zealand, moreso than Adidas/The All Blacks

t-ba

Post Whore
Victor Meldrew said:
Not to mention starting the "One Tribe", effectively funding the cheerleaders, free scarves, calendars, other great giveaways and hanging around during less than brilliant times on field.

I'm told they are the most recognised sports sponsor in New Zealand, moreso than Adidas/The All Blacks

If that's the case, that's pretty spectacular. For all the sh*t given to RU on these boards, the Adidas/All Blacks connection is iconic even in Australia.

Nuke

Staff member
Alex28 said:
Although I am sure when we did not have a sponsor in 1994 the Macca's logo was on the sleeve...
I have the round 1 1994 game on tape (Joey's first run on game) vs South Sydney. We definitely had NBN as sleeve sponsor that season (it was the round logo - the rectangle logo with Ch9's nine-dot-thing started in 1995).
nbn1992.jpg

NBN's 1994 logo (with a blue 'B', not a green one).

nbn.gif

The NBN logo 1995 & onwards. In 2002, there was a slogan underneath it saying 'We Care'

qldseaeagle96

Juniors
Manly - ADT (Security Mob) circa 88-89? I remember having one of theose jerseys in high school and always seeing Barry Russell when wearing it and giving it to him! :lol: ;-)

bobmar28

Bench
macavity said:
thank you Dodge.

way to totally miss the point Bob.

Telstra rape the game nearly as much as their bed-fellows News Ltd....
OK but I don't see Optus doing much for the game these days.