What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 21 v Bulldogs

betcats

Referee
kindve disappointing last 20 minutes. We just had to play simple and grind and we would’ve won 50 something to 6. But we kept throwing it around and turning it over

The intensity drops are concerning.
This is four seasons now when they have been at or near the top. Clocking off after having the game won is bound to happen (and has been happening more this year than previous).

one of the reason why I think they will score more next week; likely to be up for a game against another top 8 side.

mxlegend99

Referee
Peachy - great cover for the backs. Today against showed why he is still next man up. Defensively was good!
Wait. What?

Peachey was absolutely carved up nearly evertime the ball went near him. Had a few questionable moments too. Won't pass to his winger which is terrible for a centre, but also a couple of dumb moments giving away penalties.

I wouldn't say he was bad. But in a dominant side he was still exposed at times pretty easily.

Carlisle Bowman

Juniors
Wasn’t it exactly the right time for complacency? Much rather it at the end of a game up by 40, than the start of a game and give the opposition a sniff..
"Success breeds complacency. Complacency breeds failure. Only the paranoid survive" - Andy Grove.

Everything within context, of course, but I'd like to think given the standards this team has set for themselves across the past few seasons, a higher standard than what we saw today might be considered the norm.

Wait. What?

Peachey was absolutely carved up nearly evertime the ball went near him. Had a few questionable moments too. Won't pass to his winger which is terrible for a centre, but also a couple of dumb moments giving away penalties.

I wouldn't say he was bad. But in a dominant side he was still exposed at times pretty easily.
Tries weren’t scored on his watch though. He did good, I think some people here expect way too much. Sure Peach could be better but in saying that trust what Ivan does.

Iamback

Coach
"Success breeds complacency. Complacency breeds failure. Only the paranoid survive" - Andy Grove.

Everything within context, of course, but I'd like to think given the standards this team has set for themselves across the past few seasons, a higher standard than what we saw today might be considered the norm.

Martin and Spencer went off

The side rightfully cruised

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Take aways -
Not perfect - still a few errors, lapses in concentration and I’ll discipline on their line however much better than last week. Three tries against were both softish and really came from that mediocre discipline on their line.

Penalties against team in possession - odd one here but there were 3-4 penalties against Panthers whilst they had the ball. That in itself is a strange thing.

Fish - big pond has its big Fish. He was outrageously great today.

Peachy - great cover for the backs. Today against showed why he is still next man up. Defensively was good!

Garner - did well on his limited back half minutes. Did his job well and kept trying. Good for squad players to have that time on field.

Cleary - great comeback. His comeback games from injury or suspension are some of his best over the years. Another good performance.

Kenny - did a good job today. No one can’t fault his efforts or decisions at dummy half.

Positives - plenty to work on next week. This is a good thing. You want to keep improving and not rest on laurels. Side hasn’t played together as a team for a few weeks - give it a week or two to click properly.

and that is the important bit. Penrith took foot off the throat. Hard to keep foot on throat for 80 mins.

A couple of late tries for the dogs, one very arsey

Considering Cleary 1st game back, SOS players back too. It showed in mid 2nd half. Injury to Lenui didn't help either.

But I'll take it, and move onto Storm next weekend.

Michael Matral

Juniors
and that is the important bit. Penrith took foot off the throat. Hard to keep foot on throat for 80 mins.

Considering Cleary 1st game back, SOS players back too. It showed in mid 2nd half. Injury to Lenui didn't help either.

I agree Alice, I will take the win with Cleary having a good return and coming through unscathed. We play the Sharks next week (they will be desperate for the win) and then the Storm the week after.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

Very easy game aye Alice 😉

The one thing I dislike about the club (and there really is only 1) is that they keep us in the dark about injuries. Probably won’t be till towards the end of the week that we find out about Spencer’s knee or Liam’s ankle (particularly if they are expected to miss time).

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The one thing I dislike about the club (and there really is only 1) is that they keep us in the dark about injuries. Probably won’t be till towards the end of the week that we find out about Spencer’s knee or Liam’s ankle (particularly if they are expected to miss time).

Did Martin come off with his ankle or did he stay on ?

betcats

Referee
I'd like to start Luke or at least bring him on in the first half. Let's see what he has when the whips are cracking.

I would’ve liked this earlier in the year but now? Not sure it’s the right time to be messing with the spine, Kenny’s a great defender id be backing that, get soni some extra minutes when possible but I wouldn’t tinker to much with a winning formula.