What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fisher-Harris Released - ???

murraymob

Coach
Warriors fan here....never saw that coming.

Handled well by both clubs. Also wondering if there is a background deal with warriors development players heading west
We hope so but nothing announced would have been a smart deal to make do you have any promising front rowers

Exsilium

First Grade
A club legend. No doubting that.

What stands out to me is the fact we’re prepared to make a call that’s best for the player but also the club. This gives us long term solutions to several cap squeezes that will likely arise and are concurrently being dealt with.

If I were a rival club, I’d be scrambling to figure out how we can let a premier front rower go without any drama and who were intending to replace him with.

hindy111

Post Whore
This I like actually, he hasn't been seen for a while

Last year he stepped up big time when RCG was injured. Now he sits in reserves. I think he missed the first game or two injured and has had only one game in the NRL.
With Jnr in the side I'm unsure they can carry two big boppers. Trey Mooney would also be handy.

Iamback

Coach
I'd be shocked if we weren't sounding out a least a semi-big name forward at the moment. Whether that's Fifita who knows. Think we need to make a statement signing shortly given the outs.

Chammas - who is close to the club.

has us with Stefano from the Tigers on top of our list. Hopefully more in that mould and if so it can turn into a blessing in disguise

Kilkenny

Coach
I'd be shocked if we weren't sounding out a least a semi-big name forward at the moment. Whether that's Fifita who knows. Think we need to make a statement signing shortly given the outs.
I don’t disagree, but we just haven’t operated that way for a long time now.

What do we qualify as a statement signing?

NAS , TPJ, I’m sure they may be available?

David Fafita would be a 100/1. Not gonna happen.

Fringe signing at best and we will rely on what we have within our ranks that is the way this will pan out.

As far as an immediate replacement for JFH we have his replacement in Liam Henry.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don’t disagree, but we just haven’t operated that way for a long time now.

What do we qualify as a statement signing?

NAS , TPJ, I’m sure they may be available?

David Fafita would be a 100/1. Not gonna happen.

Fringe signing at best and we will rely on what we have within our ranks that is the way this will pan out.

As far as an immediate replacement for JFH we have his replacement in Liam Henry.

Yeah I am not sure they'll spend 800k. Stefano will be North of 650k. A few projects who are nrl ready but could go to the next level -
Trey Mooney
W.Grieg

A genuine first grader. I reckon Eels would chip in 100k so would be around 450-500. On his day great player R.Matterson.
Isiah Papali'i hasn't worked out at the Tigers. Might be another option.

MugaB

Coach
Yeah I am not sure they'll spend 800k. Stefano will be North of 650k. A few projects who are nrl ready but could go to the next level -
Trey Mooney
W.Grieg

A genuine first grader. I reckon Eels would chip in 100k so would be around 450-500. On his day great player R.Matterson.
Isiah Papali'i hasn't worked out at the Tigers. Might be another option.
I'll stop you now, matterson is gutless, he also doesn't make your team better, the two you mentioned before hand are solid and can be built-up to be worthy

hindy111

Post Whore
Tago may go to 2nd row. And perhaps Mclean or Alamoti come in. I don't think they pay up for Turuva because I reckon they feel they have better kids coming thru then him.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'll stop you now, matterson is gutless, he also doesn't make your team better, the two you mentioned before hand are solid and can be built-up to be worthy

What about Papali'i? He was a beast at the Eels. Signed for 550k by memory. Not worked out. For around the 450k mark would be worth a shot. Very powrfull.

I’d be shocked if we were. Tago and May just got more money; if the rumours are true it was an extra 400k a year for Tago, so that is a majority of what we were paying Luai. May is probably looking at a 200k increase. Add another 150k at the bottom to sign another minimum wage player and the replace Luai with a cheapie has just allowed us to pay for Tago and May’s upgrades.

It will be the same in the front row. JFH was on good coin, but it is likely that once we bring in another cheapie, and upgrade Smith, Henry and Kenny we won't have a lot of cash to make a splash.

We have the best juniors in the league and that is our competitive advantage. The fact that we have players on 150-300k pay packets who are consistently having there next contract be $200-300k more demonstrates value.

I think the real question is do we back the likes of Smith and Henry or do we go to market and replace them with someone at similar coin? Because I think it is unlikely we go after someone established.

murraymob

Coach
What about Papali'i? He was a beast at the Eels. Signed for 550k by memory. Not worked out. For around the 450k mark would be worth a shot. Very powrfull.
There are many player who have that one great season then fall back to earth he was one of them

hindy111

Post Whore
I’d be shocked if we were. Tago and May just got more money; if the rumours are true it was an extra 400k a year for Tago, so that is a majority of what we were paying Luai. May is probably looking at a 200k increase. Add another 150k at the bottom to sign another minimum wage player and the replace Luai with a cheapie has just allowed us to pay for Tago and May’s upgrades.

It will be the same in the front row. JFH was on good coin, but it is likely that once we bring in another cheapie, and upgrade Smith, Henry and Kenny we won't have a lot of cash to make a splash.

We have the best juniors in the league and that is our competitive advantage. The fact that we have players on 150-300k pay packets who are consistently having there next contract be $200-300k more demonstrates value.

I think the real question is do we back the likes of Smith and Henry or do we go to market and replace them with someone at similar coin? Because I think it is unlikely we go after someone established.

Disagree. Penrith would have money now. Luai and JFH free up 1.5mill. They just lost Spencer and Crighton last year.
Will certainly sign someone established. Atleast around the 400-500k value I'd say.

Latest posts