What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.2 v Eels

BxTom

Bench
He gets hate for that for me it is team balance more than anything. I don't see the need to carry a 2nd hooker when Kenny plays 80 mins.
It's been said that a 2nd hooker is needed on the bench in case of injury. What don't you understand about this?. Are you really that stupid?

Iamback

Coach
It's been said that a 2nd hooker is needed on the bench in case of injury. What don't you understand about this?. Are you really that stupid?

Of the 16 teams playing this week only 6 have named a 2nd hooker in their bench, Whether they run out like that time will tell

We didn't have a 2nd hooker across last year's finals series. We had Cogger that could cover hooker and halves.

Are you really that stupid as not to realise the difference?

Iamback

Coach
No, because it’s a waste of time on here.

Unfortunately this group just isn’t up to it.

Because this group on here doesn't agree, Doesn't mean others that think in line with you shouldn't post. That is how we get a more broad discussion

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Because this group on here doesn't agree, Doesn't mean others that think in line with you shouldn't post. That is how we get a more broad discussion
That’s not how it works though does it.

This just isn’t a good place to discuss actual footy. The loud voices always drown out any actual talk.

I get called “Super Coach” when I use to share any knowledge. So I just don’t anymore.

Of the 16 teams playing this week only 6 have named a 2nd hooker in their bench, Whether they run out like that time will tell

We didn't have a 2nd hooker across last year's finals series. We had Cogger that could cover hooker and halves.

Are you really that stupid as not to realise the difference?
If the 16 teams how many of them are the 3 times defending premiers?

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Some people can't handle criticism and can't own up when they get something wrong. It's very easy if you're an honest person who doesn't give a f**k. For example I'm very happy I was wrong about Mitch Kenny.

Iamback

Coach
Some people can't handle criticism and can't own up when they get something wrong. It's very easy if you're an honest person who doesn't give a f**k. For example I'm very happy I was wrong about Mitch Kenny.

And you are looking to be wrong about Burton being a 6, We all have them.

Hell I started a Hame Sele thread... he never played another game for us after I created it.

I'd rather be wrong and keep the convo going as opposed to taking the soft cock way out

Luke Bowden

First Grade
This is exactly what I’m talking about.

I stupidly shared some information I got from a conversation I had with Kevin Kingston about our options for replacing Api.

I haven’t heard the end of it.

Girds89

Bench

I stupidly shared some information I got from a conversation I had with Kevin Kingston about our options for replacing Api.

You went on about soni all pre season. And all season. Wasnt anything to do with your post about kevy which i remember.

I actually am still a soni supporter unlike many on this forum. I never thought he had the ability to get to apis level like you suggested. No chance... but i like what he offers..

For me the issue and ive said this multiple times over years on here is the team does not adjust at all when soni comes on. Imo that is the fault of the coaches and the halfs.

Soni is a running 9. Kenny never runs. So you half two 9s that are completely different.

People just expecting soni to play like kenny which nulifies all of his attributes.

Ive always thought he could be a bit of a point of difference to our attack.

Essentially does ivan and the team change/adjust the structure when soni comes on to play off him. Much more direct back through the ruck.

Or

If he wants to keep the same structure theres no real point picking soni..

Better of with schnieder or cole when hes fit.

The idea that its to hard to change mid game imo is bs. We half the best player in the game. Whose played a lot of rep footy with running 9s. We have a lot of rep players in the forwards who play with running 9s at rep level. We are a well drilled team. Just having to be willing to give it an actual go.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
You went on about soni all pre season. And all season. Wasnt anything to do with your post about kevy which i remember.

I actually am still a soni supporter unlike many on this forum. I never thought he had the ability to get to apis level like you suggested. No chance... but i like what he offers..

For me the issue and ive said this multiple times over years on here is the team does not adjust at all when soni comes on. Imo that is the fault of the coaches and the halfs.

Soni is a running 9. Kenny never runs. So you half two 9s that are completely different.

People just expecting soni to play like kenny which nulifies all of his attributes.

Essentially does ivan and the team change/adjust the structure when soni comes on to play off him. Much more direct back through the ruck.

Or

The idea that its to hard to change mid game imo is bs. We half the best player in the game. Whose played a lot of rep footy with running 9s. We have a lot of rep players in the forwards who play with running 9s at rep level. We are a well drilled team. Just having to be willing to give it an actual go.
I didn’t “Go on” about anything. I was replying to the ongoing barrage I copped after I posted what I’d been told.

To this day people are still saying that I love Soni and I think he’s better than Api or what ever.

The only thing I’ve ever really said from my own thoughts is in regards to the two different “Types” of dummy halves we have and that Soni offers a different style.

That’s not me hyping up Soni, that’s just me trying to point out facts.

soc123_au

Staff member

That wasn't how it was posted though iirc. Right or wrong it read as though it was your opinion Soni would be better than Api by whatever point in time you threw out. Yeah, you copped more stick than you deserved, but mostly because you gave the impression you were dying on that hill no matter what. No different to @martielang copping it for his undying love for Katoa and all things plod. It's mostly just a bit of fun. You give as good as you get anyway.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
That wasn't how it was posted though iirc. Right or wrong it read as though it was your opinion Soni would be better than Api by whatever point in time you threw out. Yeah, you copped more stick than you deserved, but mostly because you gave the impression you were dying on that hill no matter what. No different to @martielang copping it for his undying love for Katoa and all things plod. It's mostly just a bit of fun. You give as good as you get anyway.
Several people took it, wouldn’t let it go and I lost interest in constantly trying to correct them. So I just moved on and learnt my lesson.

Iamback

Coach

Or

For me if we are going to run 2 9's. Kenny needs to come off and Luke needs 30 mins atleast.

That won't happen because we pride ourselves on defence, So the 14 needs to be injury cover for several positions or tactical

Latest posts