What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.5 v SeaEagles

Pjf04b

Juniors
We didn't play well, but that was atrocious refereeing. Challenge a knock on and get a penalty for a non involved player being offside at the kick off? Penalised an unconscious player for not getting up? Penalised a player for a push in the bCk when he gets run off the ball?
11-4 penalty count !
When was the last time they were penalised out of a game like that!

snickers007

Juniors
We've played soft tonight. I reckon the boys saw the carnage last night in the wet, and have gone out there to just get through the game injury free.

As a result they've been out-muscled and out-enthused. We showed a complete lack of respect for the ball, refused to get into the grind, and gave away far too many soft penalties letting Manly out of trouble all game long.

Fish and Martin absolutely should not have played, and Laurie should never play in the middle again. On the back of the forwards getting dominated, Schneider was completely invisible as well.

Best players were Edwards, Garner and Yeo. Everyone else has 14 days of looking in the mirror.

We didn't play well, but that was atrocious refereeing. Challenge a knock on and get a penalty for a non involved player being offside at the kick off? Penalised an unconscious player for not getting up? Penalised a player for a push in the bCk when he gets run off the ball?
11-4 penalty count !
When was the last time they were penalised out of a game like that!
Apart from the Henry knocked out one (which was unlucky, but he had given away the same penalty on the previous kick-off) I thought all the penalties were fair. Martin being off-side off the kick is dumb. Pushing the player chasing the bomb was dumb.

I don’t want to be Robbo; generally when you lose the penalty count it is because you are less disciplined than the other team. That was the case tonight.

Pjf04b

Juniors
Still, take out the knock on try and we go down by 8, with the horrendous penalty count and a useless referee, along with playing lousy, no Cleary and a few injuries, I think we have Manly covered next time

Chins get the wins

First Grade
We've played soft tonight. I reckon the boys saw the carnage last night in the wet, and have gone out there to just get through the game injury free.

As a result they've been out-muscled and out-enthused. We showed a complete lack of respect for the ball, refused to get into the grind, and gave away far too many soft penalties letting Manly out of trouble all game long.

Fish and Martin absolutely should not have played, and Laurie should never play in the middle again. On the back of the forwards getting dominated, Schneider was completely invisible as well.

Best players were Edwards, Garner and Yeo. Everyone else has 14 days of looking in the mirror.
I think Laurie in the middle could work in the RIGHT game coming on with 10 left chasing a win but it's a waste of a spot really

Black Panther

Juniors
What a wanker you are Chins. You said Manly are a bad team. Penrith played bad but Manly aren’t bad like you said.

No one on here is ever right except you. Guess what, you are a Goose.

The Realist

Juniors
Poor effort tonight apart from Edwards to be honest. Manly were very good with all they had to play for and the ball bounced their way but our forwards and defence were pathetic. Looked like a mid table team and not a title contender.
Thankfully a bye and Cleary back soon. Schneider just doesn’t cut it in a game this challenging with the forwards struggling.

I don't accept the Schneider blame here. He as decent in the 1st 20 minutes. but then for some reason Luai started taking the kicks and in general got in Schneiders way. Add to that, the injection of Daine Laurie confused the team even more and Schneider became a virtual passenger.

When Luai went off and Schneider started to take more responsibility we immediately looked better.

Our Forwards - trash.

We are all stunned by how bad JFH was but he wasn't alone. Kenny had a poor game and looked done after 50 mins. Moses almost invisible. Smith giving away a million idiot penalties. Dumb merkin. Only Yeo ould be proud of his performance. The fact that people are lauding Garner, who had a mediocre game says it all really.

Outside backs as usual Edwards and To'o stood up. Turuva I would not be spending coin keeping him. Every game a silly error and he was well and truly contained. Taylan May needs to adjust his footwear. Always slipping every game. Any update on his injury late game? Hoping to God it's not an ACL again.

Bounce of the ball pretty much went Eagles way the entire night and it just seemed like they were destined to win.

I just hope the team (and Ivan) take a long hard look at themselves because they were embarrassing at times. They needed a loss like that to shake them up. Haven't seen a poor defensive effort like that in years! When was the last time we conceded 30?

WestyLife

First Grade
What a wanker you are Chins. You said Manly are a bad team. Penrith played bad but Manly aren’t bad like you said.

No one on here is ever right except you. Guess what, you are a Goose.
Team was fatigued after defending a lopsided penalty count in the first half and at least 3 or 4 players were completely gone for the second half due to injuries. Luai, May, Martin and fish a soft first game back luarie in the middle with ivan experimenting. Manly tried hard but it wouldn't be the same under normal circumstances.

age.s

First Grade
Reminded me of the Tigers game last year. We looked tentative and low energy while our opponent played well to the conditions. We struggled with their changing direction and ran quite a bit harder while doing it. Seibold thoroughly out thought Ivan today which is something I never thought I'd see.

I thought Luai had a decent game but the 7 tackle set he gave away in the second half completely changed the game. We defended that set poorly, they scored, went back to back and we never looked in contest afterwards.

I've said my piece about the ref, but I'd like to see what our attitude looks like if were 8 down with 10 to go instead of 14. I have a feeling its a completely different contest if that appalling try decision doesn't get made.

Pjf04b

Juniors
Put a referee in (you couldn't call Smith a referee tonight) even Klein, and it is a different game!

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Reminded me of the Tigers game last year. We looked tentative and low energy while our opponent played well to the conditions. We struggled with their changing direction and ran quite a bit harder while doing it. Seibold thoroughly out thought Ivan today which is something I never thought I'd see.

I thought Luai had a decent game but the 7 tackle set he gave away in the second half completely changed the game. We defended that set poorly, they scored, went back to back and we never looked in contest afterwards.

I've said my piece about the ref, but I'd like to see what our attitude looks like if were 8 down with 10 to go instead of 14. I have a feeling its a completely different contest if that appalling try decision doesn't get made.
Luai jumped around and ran well but he still didn't take the game by the balls. If he weighted that kick right we probably win today

Black Panther

Juniors
Team was fatigued after defending a lopsided penalty count in the first half and at least 3 or 4 players were completely gone for the second half due to injuries. Luai, May, Martin and fish a soft first game back luarie in the middle with ivan experimenting. Manly tried hard but it wouldn't be the same under normal circumstances.
You’re only as good as your last game.