What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Tigers - Bathurst

mxlegend99

Referee
Round 10 team with Luke most likely suspended, Eisenhuth out injured, Martin still injured, Tago injured, Fisher-Harris most likely out still, Leniu back.

Edwards
To’o
Critchon
McLean/Cole/Jenkins
Turuva
Luai
Cleary
Leota
Kenny
L.Smith/Leniu/Fisher-Harris (if fit)
Hosking
Sorensen
Yeo

Sommerton
Leniu/L.Smith
Garner/Blacker
Salmon/Geyer/Peachy
f**k im glad i threw part of my winnings from Tigers beating us onto Warriors for next week . Cashed out $220. Bet the rest on Warriors

$35.90 pays $134 when Warriors beat us. Or it did immediately after tonights game. The second injuries and suspension come into play odds will probably shift.

Collected

Iamback

Coach
Yep. This is why I hate all the Cleary is a shoe in for an immortal. He lacks what the truly great halfbacks have - vision. He doesn't really set plays up tackles beforehand the way Johns, Thurston or even Cronk could. Nor can he improvise.

He is a halfback who is an excellent defender and excellent kicker. When young he was an excellent runner but it seems the extra weight has affected his agility and acceleration, so he isn't as dangerous there as he was as a teenager.

Cleary this year is 60% of him in the past. In 2021 he was throwing harbour bridge passes.
2022 those spiral bombs...

Has shown never this year

mxlegend99

Referee
Cleary this year is 60% of him in the past. In 2021 he was throwing harbour bridge passes.
2022 those spiral bombs...

Has shown never this year
This is a side effect of having the worst 9 in the comp. Much easier to pressure Cleary when our hooker isn't a threat and his service is terrible.

Take out our front row rotation and he's going to be behind beaten packs too. His job is so much harder this year.

Fangs

Coach
Are though?

Aside from 2 great halves, tonight followed the same script

I know but it's a long season and no team is standing out tbh.

Broncos are soft. Melbourne/Roosters aren't firing many shots. Cronulla knock off at times.

Right now it's Souths who look in the box seat. It's a very fair competition this year with no clear stand out.

Iamback

Coach
This is a side effect of having the worst 9 in the comp. Much easier to pressure Cleary when our hooker isn't a threat and his service is terrible.

Take out our front row rotation and he's going to be behind beaten packs too. His job is so much harder this year.

Except Edwards and Luai have been taking 1st receiver role at times which negates the hooker factor.

There is no reason he can't kick those bombs still

Iamback

Coach
I know but it's a long season and no team is standing out tbh.

Broncos are soft. Melbourne/Roosters aren't firing many shots. Cronulla knock off at times.

Right now it's Souths who look in the box seat. It's a very fair competition this year with no clear stand out.

Who out of those on paper have better sides then us?

I'd back all of them to focus for 80 mins to beat us, Teams who turn up and play are too good for our attack.

That is the issue. We don't have a top gear it is all the same and teams can focus and eat that up

Exsilium

First Grade
Are we surprised we lost?

We’ve been meandering our way through the season and lack any sort of cohesion. Some good moments but we’re a shadow of our former selves.

We can moan about our lost players but that argument meant nothing nine weeks ago when we kicked the first ball of the season. Good teams find a way to win and we have all the gear and no idea.

ODC

Juniors
I fear this is the only place I can safely rant. Barring leota and yeo tonight we we running a whole team of outside backs or outside back size and it shows when you don’t have an actual forward pack.
GG tigers. You could tell how much they wanted it. When was the last time someone hit two 40-20s in a game?

Panfa

Juniors
We had injuries to fish marto and leniu and instead of playing blacker or garner we play luke lol.Tago is injured and instead of playing cole we play 32 yr old peachey 🤣.Ive said it 100 times you cant play kenny and luke on the field together.Kenny has to go off when luke is on hooker for hooker.Hopefully luke gets suspended because thats the only way he gets dropped.We need fish leniu martin in next week or we are no chance.As for luai i wouldnt waste even 700k on him as for origin i hope he has a good tv at home because he shouldnt be playing.

Kilkenny

Coach
Didn’t see any if the game, was at wedding in Hunter Valley no reception and no wifi. So it appears that was a good thing.

Just arrived back at our accomodation where there is wi-fi so have taken the opportunity of reading the last six or seven of this thread.

Some of you should hang your heads in shame, you a not in any way the definition of a supporter or what a supporter should be.

We have enjoyed three years of success with a win loss ratio unlikely to be ever equaled.

Here we are with a little adversity, a lot of reasons for it, salary cap, injury, loss of depth, new assistant coaches and I read some of the crap which is being written it is embarrassing. The sense of entitlement is breathtaking.

I can’t comment on the game, it was obviously not good, I can live with the result, but some of the bullshit from so called supporters is shameful.

WestyLife

First Grade
Didn’t see any if the game, was at wedding in Hunter Valley no reception and no wifi. So it appears that was a good thing.

Just arrived back at our accomodation where there is wi-fi so have taken the opportunity of reading the last six or seven of this thread.

Some of you should hang your heads in shame, you a not in any way the definition of a supporter or what a supporter should be.

We have enjoyed three years of success with a win loss ratio unlikely to be ever equaled.

Here we are with a little adversity, a lot of reasons for it, salary cap, injury, loss of depth, new assistant coaches and I read some of the crap which is being written it is embarrassing. The sense of entitlement is breathtaking.

I can’t comment on the game, it was obviously not good, I can live with the result, but some of the bullshit from so called supporters is shameful.

No what's worse is mugs like Luai being a shit person and footballer because he got a taste of success.

A coach picking absolute useless foootballers instead of develop players at the supposed development club.

Cleary Yeo and Edwards are trying to carry the club on their back with very little support.

mxlegend99

Referee
Get your head out of your ass. You don't get to decide what a supporter should be.

Anyone who has followed the team through the good and bad is a supporter. Some people are just happy to blindly accept shit from their team... how does that make them a better supporter than those who passionately want more?

Fangs

Coach
Who out of those on paper have better sides then us?

I'd back all of them to focus for 80 mins to beat us, Teams who turn up and play are too good for our attack.

That is the issue. We don't have a top gear it is all the same and teams can focus and eat that up

Still back the D. There isn't a team in the competition who can defend as well as us.

Yes we need some more points but we've got plenty of time to work it out. I'm still quite confident tbh.

Kilkenny

Coach
No what's worse is mugs like Luai being a shit person and footballer because he got a taste of success.

A coach picking absolute useless foootballers instead of develop players at the supposed development club.

Cleary Yeo and Edwards are trying to carry the club on their back with very little support.
No sorry, you and others need to give yourselves an uppercut for being fair weather fans. Only sing when your winning to coin a English football phrase.

The narrative on here tonight is embarrassing it really is.

I‘ll stick solid with the boys, coaching staff, confident things will turn around. I’m not talking three-peat that was always bullshit anyway. And if things don’t turn around well there’s always 2024. I’m not going to get into the gutter with you and your mates.

Iamback

Coach
Still back the D. There isn't a team in the competition who can defend as well as us.

Yes we need some more points but we've got plenty of time to work it out. I'm still quite confident tbh.

Against other teams correct.

Against the one out and kick though...

Both the Knights and Tigers who are by far the worst teams have had no issue..why would those top sides you mentioned?

Iamback

Coach
No sorry, you and others need to give yourselves an uppercut for being fair weather fans. Only sing when your winning to coin a English football phrase.

The narrative on here tonight is embarrassing it really is.

I‘ll stick solid with the boys, coaching staff, confident things will turn around. I’m not talking three-peat that was always bullshit anyway. And if things don’t turn around well there’s always 2024. I’m not going to get into the gutter with you and your mates.

We were out played by the worst team in the comp and people can't comment as they saw it?

Kilkenny

Coach
Get your head out of your ass. You don't get to decide what a supporter should be.

Anyone who has followed the team through the good and bad is a supporter. Some people are just happy to blindly accept shit from their team... how does that make them a better supporter than those who passionately want more?
Passionate supporters are objective, have common sense and at the very least may be able to articulate reasons as to why results or performances are quite what we might like.

I don’t decide the definition of a true supporter but suffice to say there are more than a few on here who sadly are poor examples. So go f**k yourself, I’ll post what I think is appropriate in support of the team and you can bag, criticise individuals if that is what makes you feel good.

Iamback

Coach
I fear this is the only place I can safely rant. Barring leota and yeo tonight we we running a whole team of outside backs or outside back size and it shows when you don’t have an actual forward pack.
GG tigers. You could tell how much they wanted it. When was the last time someone hit two 40-20s in a game?

Sorensen had to go to prop.

The bench and pack made no sense