What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George Burgess facing 2 week ban for contrary conduct

Frailty

First Grade
I can't believe the NRL are helping Souths get through the first week of Finals...

Suspending George has almost assured that the Sharks will enter the game as favourites.

The Sharks never win when they are given that tag... FMD NRL CHEATING BASTARDS! :p

From the NRL's website -

Burgess to challenge charge grading

Tue 08 Sep, 2015, 12:00pm

Rabbitohs prop George Burgess is in serious danger of missing South Sydney's sudden-death playoff with the Sharks, after he was one of 10 players cited by the NRL match review committee at the conclusion of Round 26.

Burgess, 23, could be rubbed out for two weeks for a contrary conduct charge, with a non-similar prior offence adding 20 per cent loading. Burgess has elected to contest the grading of the charge at the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night.

From the same game, Roosters playmaker James Maloney (tripping) and prop Kane Evans (contrary conduct) will both be free to face the Storm in Week 1 of the finals, electing to take early guilty plea for their respective charges.

Knight second-rower Tariq Sims will miss the opening five rounds of 2016, with an early guilty plea for a grade two shoulder charge and prior offences ensuring the NSW Origin hopeful will again miss a large chunk of the opening rounds after he also sat out the first month of his Newcastle career through suspension.

Panthers pair Tupou Sopoaga and Josh Mansour have escaped suspension, while Knights centre Sione Mata'utia will miss Round 1 of the 2016 season, with all three players taking the early plea for charges from an incident which saw emotions spill over the sideline in Penrith's season-ending victory.

Wests Tigers forward Dene Halatau was charged for two separate incidents, but will sit out just one week after receiving a discount for seven years without being charged. Teammate Luke Brooks (dangerous throw) also will miss the Tigers' Round 1 clash next season, with carryover points and a prior offence not helping his cause after he took the early guilty plea.

Titans prop Luke Douglas has escaped suspension with an early guilty plea for his dangerous contact – head/neck charge.

judiciarytuesrd26.jpg

Snappy

Coach
genius20's argument:

"I saw it" so its a crusher...

but those souffs ones from last year were fair tackles...

I speak truth...

some incoherent gibberish...

plastic water bottles break like water balloons...

You're all just trolls...

bla bla bla...

Tommy Smith

Referee
Burgess has no chance of a downgrade.

Evans was a grade 1 for throwing a footy from on the field. So logic dictates that the bottle throw from off the field was easily a grade wors.e

It's over for Georgie.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Burgess has no chance of a downgrade.

Evans was a grade 1 for throwing a footy from on the field. So logic dictates that the bottle throw from off the field was easily a grade wors.e

It's over for Georgie.

Bet you he gets a downgrade, you know it, we all know it. The NRL knows that it shouldn't be 2 weeks and 1 week is plenty.

DiegoNT

First Grade
If you think the napa tackle was a crusher tackle and he needed to be suspended, just give up on watching the nrl. Sometimes guys fall in awkward positions, doesn't make it a penalty. To bring up past rabbitohs tackles to prove your points doesn't work, even if they were unfairly penalised (and every team has had a few wrongly penalised ) that does not mean napa should he punished to

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sorry the only constant is your whining. Napa's was a crusher tackle worthy of suspension eh? FMD only person I have heard that form is you. I have yet to hear anyone in the media say that, be it in print or electronic.

As to Maloney, only grade 2 tripping charge this year that I can recall is Edrick Lee's back in Round 21. It was a dumb thing he did but he got what was merited.

Your carry on about these two just clouds the Burgess issue as it makes you out as a bitter, twisted Souths partisan who is 100% one eyed.

I think George should miss 1 week. Phil Gould, Paul Gallen, Lote Tuqiri, Billy Slater, Corey Parker and Andrew Johns plus others think that George shouldn't have been charged at all. They say a fine is sufficient and a warning.

If any other player did what George did they wouldn't be suspended. The judiciary/match review committee like to disadvantage Souths!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Andrew Johns and Peter Sterling disagree with you

On the subject of Napa's tackle being cited as a crusher Johns laughed and asked if the someone was kidding. He then followed that up with "Napa has absolutely nothing to worry about there"

Sterlo reponded with "there may be nothing in it but he should worry a tiny bit as he's been charged"

Johns just repeated "no he shouldn't - that was absolutely nothing"

The match review comittee agreed with Johns and Sterling

Sterling and Johns both are saying George Burgess shouldn't be suspended.

They say it's an over reaction and that a warning and fine is sufficient. Johns says fine him 20-25k.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I can't believe the NRL are helping Souths get through the first week of Finals...

Suspending George has almost assured that the Sharks will enter the game as favourites.

The Sharks never win when they are given that tag... FMD NRL CHEATING BASTARDS! :p

Oh well Cecchin is ref so he will favour you guys.

Cecchin is bias against Souths.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
If you think the napa tackle was a crusher tackle and he needed to be suspended, just give up on watching the nrl. Sometimes guys fall in awkward positions, doesn't make it a penalty. To bring up past rabbitohs tackles to prove your points doesn't work, even if they were unfairly penalised (and every team has had a few wrongly penalised ) that does not mean napa should he punished to

Diego, can you just stop with the impartial and unbiased commentary? It just isn't right. :lol:

carcharias

Immortal
You can't throw shit at another player while you are sitting on the bench during a game .

You can't even defend it.

GongPanther

Referee
You can't throw shit at another player while you are sitting on the bench during a game .

You can't even defend it.

Exactly.

And the usual Souths apologists/powerbrokers have been in full swing in the past few days to sway the NRL's stance.

The NRL back down on this one,there will be hell to pay.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Diego, can you just stop with the impartial and unbiased commentary? It just isn't right. :lol:

Hey i might be a souths fan, but I'm a league fan first. These stupid penalties for crusher tackles when blokes are just falling awkwardly have to stop, no matter who the team is.

I think George should miss 1 week. Phil Gould, Paul Gallen, Lote Tuqiri, Billy Slater, Corey Parker and Andrew Johns plus others think that George shouldn't have been charged at all. They say a fine is sufficient and a warning.

If any other player did what George did they wouldn't be suspended. The judiciary/match review committee like to disadvantage Souths!!!

Had you said that instead of clouding the issue by talking about Maloney, Napa and Moa you may not have gotten such stick from people.

A fine? I don't think that the NRL judiciary code permits that for these instances.

I tend to agree 2 weeks did seem harsh.

Headless Chook

Juniors
You can't help but wonder what might have transpired if that water bottle hit Evans, and, he saw Burgess was the bloke who threw it. Could have ended very ugly.

Latest posts